Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is human dead?

Relam

You may be right. Me? I always have hope. In any population, 20-25% are the dregs of humanity. Extrapolated further, the same can be said of the world. It's been this way since we climbed down from the trees. Yet we're still here. Granted, improved and advanced weaponry makes my argument a little shaky, but 75-80% of the population are trying to keep a lid on it. Don't let this morbid half truth stop you from enjoying life. If shiat happens, then deal with it the best you can knowing you did the best you can. Just make sure you do your part to help keep the dregs damage to a minimum. Who knows, in the future, geneticists may identify this gene and remove it from the genome. Done world wide, it may be the only answer to humanity evolving to the next level.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Relam said:

Is what we once called human dead now?

Since there are over 7 billion of us, no. You'll have to expand further on your question.

Perhaps pose your personal definition of, "what we once called human",

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Relam said:

Is what we once called human dead now?  I'm convinced that this humankind will probably destroy itself alone. 

Hey, their working on it.

What's really bothering you bud? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Who knows, in the future, geneticists may identify this gene and remove it from the genome. Done world wide, it may be the only answer to humanity evolving to the next level.

Is this really the right answer? 

1 hour ago, Relam said:

Is what we once called human dead now?

Could you explain a bit more? We're all here right now, as humans. 

29 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Is this really the right answer? 

Could you explain a bit more? We're all here right now, as humans. 

I don't know if it's the right answer. I do know that in that 20-25% are the users and the takers, the fighters and the generals, the psychopaths and sociopaths, and radicals from every religion. Thieves,  rapists, serial killers, and the list goes on and on. What would and could we as a species achieve without these hindrances to humanity? I think it may be the right answer universally applied. To bad I'll be dead before they even discover it. But they will. China may already have. 

Edited by Hankenhunter

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I think it may be the right answer universally applied. To bad I'll be dead before they even discover it. But they will. China may already have. 

To actually apply this universally, force would have to be taken because I doubt everyone would be pleased with just agreeing to genetic modification. This is not to mention the possible corruption that this technology could be used for if in the wrong hands. Lots of money would be required to implement this in the first developments and those with lots of money may be a bit obsessed with power. It's a great thought, but the logistics of the situation are not without flaws 

• Like 1

Agreed. Thats why I stated universally applied. I man can dream.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Who knows, in the future, geneticists may identify this gene and remove it from the genome. Done world wide, it may be the only answer to humanity evolving to the next level.

Right, well, before we bring in the "give those with the "bad-ass" gene the chop", everyone has to vote yea or nay, that they agree with this idea. Those that vote "yes", we round up and lock up, and the problem is then solved. Anyone who is happy to bring in that nightmare scenario, ought to be living apart from the rest of us !

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Right, well, before we bring in the "give those with the "bad-ass" gene the chop", everyone has to vote yea or nay, that they agree with this idea. Those that vote "yes", we round up and lock up, and the problem is then solved. Anyone who is happy to bring in that nightmare scenario, ought to be living apart from the rest of us !

Actually I was hoping the aliens would do it. Because I'm just dreaming. 

"Agreed. Thats why I stated universally applied. I man can dream."

I think he ment how some behave in threads here. ;-)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Hey, their working on it.

What's really bothering you bud? 

i didn't mean genetic modification, i meant human as a internal being

1 hour ago, Relam said:

i didn't mean genetic modification, i meant human as a internal being

Their killing their souls and their connection with Maanituu with their electronic toys. Literally becoming the machines they use. 

Your not the only one who feels it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Their killing their souls and their connection with Maanituu with their electronic toys. Literally becoming the machines they use. 

Your not the only one who feels it. 

Yes,truee piney,you know what im talking about. So sad what people turned into.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Hankenhunter said:

In any population, 20-25% are the dregs of humanity

Is that a fact Hanken or are you being optimistic about the percentages?

1 hour ago, openozy said:

1 hour ago, openozy said:

More averaging out than anything. There are so many complex variables involved, like climate, region, population density, religion etc. I based it on the gestalt I've read on the internet about crime percentages. It boils down to, I gave it my best guess. YMMV:ph34r:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Yeah,I reckon there is a lot of not so good between the dregs and the cream also.Not like you could do a survey.

Edited by openozy
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2019 at 8:39 PM, Relam said:

Is what we once called human dead now?  I'm convinced that this humankind will probably destroy itself alone. 

Genghis Khan killed 40,000,000 people 800 years ago then the Plague killed 200,000,000 more a hundred years later.

Whats so different now?

6 hours ago, Relam said:

Yes,truee piney,you know what im talking about. So sad what people turned into.

Nothing you can do but put your shield up and not worry about things you can't change. 

• Like 2

I don't know that it's a case of what peopled have turned into, as an old song mentioned, the fundamental rules still apply, as times go by. But in the space of our lifetime, we change. Cultures change, and when we are younger, we adapt more readily, a feature of the modern age is the pace of change, and the faster the pace, and the older we get, a certain amount of alienation can set in, and have us referring to billions of people, as "dregs". which is not a complimentary term, to say the least. I think we need to draw back a little from these kinds of judgements, or look like we have been eating too many lemons !

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

not worry about things you can't change.

Easier said than done when you hear about an 8 year old tortured for months, chopped up, shoved into bag & dumped on the side of the road.

Or two men who pulled a drive by on a 10 & 11 year old they didn't even know just walking home from school with no motive other than they just felt like it.

27 minutes ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

Easier said than done when you hear about an 8 year old tortured for months, chopped up, shoved into bag & dumped on the side of the road.

Or two men who pulled a drive by on a 10 & 11 year old they didn't even know just walking home from school with no motive other than they just felt like it.

I was a Tribal Cop and a Private Contractor whose company recovered kids and kidnap victims all over the world.  I've 'seen" it all. Not "heard" it. 

For somebody who claims to be a badass you certainly sweat things you can't change.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

For somebody who claims to be a badass you certainly sweat things you can't change.

Yeah but it's not as if I come with a switch & can just turn it off.

7 minutes ago, PeacemongerWarlord said:

Yeah but it's not as if I come with a switch & can just turn it off.

You have to develop the switch. In Japanese martial arts- Buddhism it's called "Daremo".

• Like 3