Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bandersnatch (Spoilers)

GoodReality

I was surprised to find that nobody had started a thread about this show considered how up the alley it is for this forum. Spoiler tags are probably appropriate, but if you haven't watched it yet I'd recommend going into the show without much knowledge about it, if any. So read ahead at your own discretion. 

Spoiler

"A young programmer starts to question reality when he adapts a mad writer's fantasy novel into a video game." - IMDb

Stefan, the main protagonist, is devolping a game that creativley derives from a "choose you own fantasy" novel. The author of the novel fell into insanity and then to violent murder. Colin, a popular game developer in the industry seems to spout similar ideas to the infamous author in his conversations with Stefan. This concept of reality and time not being what it seems is directly played upon by the ability for the watcher to control the choices that Stefan makes and influence the plot of his life.

Despite this, the show seems to rope you into to certain actions that create a somewhat similar experience for all. I'd be interested in how the show played out for you and what rating you got for Stefan's game in the end. What was your ideal end game when watching? 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoofGardener

• GoodReality

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Funny coincidence, just finish Ringworld by Larry Niven and there is a species in that called a Bandersnatch. Name's from Lewis Carroll's Bandersnatch.

Ah.... but was it frumious ?