Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France and Germany to merge ?

RoofGardener

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Why as it always got to be about British Rule for you? why not be independent like they were from 1922. and that's the point, Ireland has become a vassal state of the EU. irony is the EU are exacting a greater cost for that status than the UK ever did as is evident in the EU policies set out in the five presidents report. the gap between Irish interests and the path the EU is following grows wider.

the Irish have just found out they don't even control their own borders.

Irexit. 2021-2022.

well to be really correct the Irish haven't been able to control their borders for 500 years. in fact they find themselves in the unenviable situation of having the EU trade block dictating rules and the English attempting to colonise the north east. one the one hand they have a say in their destiny and one the other none at all. you see steve its not all about English rule but rather the lessor of the two evils. 

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i wouldn't think the Irish would wanna come under British rule again. 

Why does what I said = British rule?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, danydandan said:

Why does what I said = British rule?

Ireland isn’t big enough or far enough away from any of the big players to have any real independence. You might not realise it but your government knows all too well that leaving the EU means falling into British trade and security dominance. 

35 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Ireland isn’t big enough or far enough away from any of the big players to have any real independence. You might not realise it but your government knows all too well that leaving the EU means falling into British trade and security dominance. 

How so?

On 1/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, danydandan said:

We are a neutral Country. It's that simple. It's in our constitution and every government since has ensured our policy of military neutrality. I hate linking Wikipedia but you can have a read of this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_neutrality

So you have the option of ignoring the laws of the EU and of refusing to pay their taxes or duties?  Otherwise, you can call your stance as neutral all you like but the reality is quite different.  Not that I care at all.  The Irish are welcome to be as hard-headed or docile as they like.  O mostly wrote them off as do nothing loudmouths a few years ago.  To each his own.

7 hours ago, and then said:

So you have the option of ignoring the laws of the EU and of refusing to pay their taxes or duties?  Otherwise, you can call your stance as neutral all you like but the reality is quite different.  Not that I care at all.  The Irish are welcome to be as hard-headed or docile as they like.  O mostly wrote them off as do nothing loudmouths a few years ago.  To each his own.

Do nothing loudmouth's? Please explain? Might your derogatory comment have anything to do with our new Occupied Territories Law? 

Yeah we can choose not to introduce laws from the EU, like every other Country in the Union does. Each Country in the EU is sovereign, thus control's their own tax system, as far as EU wide taxes there are none.

The EU does not have a direct role in raising taxes or setting tax rates. The amount of tax you pay is decided by your government, not the EU.

The EU's role is to oversee national tax rules – to ensure they are consistent with certain EU policies, such as:

• Promoting economic growth and job creation
  • Ensuring the free flow of goods, services and capital around the EU (in the single market)
  • Making sure businesses in one country don't have an unfair advantage over competitors in another.
  • Ensuring taxes don't discriminate against consumers, workers or businesses from other EU countries.

Furthermore, EU decisions on tax matters require unanimous agreement by all member governments. This ensures that the interests of every single EU country are taken into account.

From the EU website.

Excise duties are different obviously.

Edited by danydandan

20 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Tell them not to put a border up then

We really should be. This political BS will end up with the return of troubles, it's already bloody started in Derry City.

I was also reading about an anonymous Republican political party, that for the life of me I can't recall the name of, has basically said it will start bombing and will support bombings if a hard boarder is established. 

What Macron and Merkel are simply trying to do is be proactive and show signs of unity by progressing some of the EU's already established long term goals.  That's all.  As expected right wing propaganda, headed by British Brexiteers, are jumping on the opportunity to make this seem like a German/Franco expansionist maneuver.  Laughable to say the least. 

But why? Because time is running out for both of them and they're trying to follow through on their EU mission before they exit the scene, which, may probably occur by their next national elections.  Merkel has already declared she's pulling out and Macron is losing popularity at the speed of light due to failed electoral promises which is evidenced by the yellow vest protests. 

The real danger rising in Europe is this far right popularity which has already engulfed Hungary, Austria, Italy, Poland and soon more will follow, this is almost guaranteed.  In fact, I failed to mention that Macron's popularity in France is dipping and guess who is gaining?  Yep, Le Pen's National Front right wing party.  link

What people fail to realise is that this shift towards right wing populist politics is a shift towards Russia and more specifically, Putin. Victor Orban and Matteo Salvini regularly meet and talk with Putin and so does Kurz.  Russian politics are dominated by undemocratic elections and criminal conduct towards opposing candidates, suppression of free speech and general corruption.  With Trump's reluctant support towards NATO and the EU and this growing European right wing populist euro-skepticism there's a high chance this paradigm shift towards Russia may come to fruition.  In the end Europeans may finally get their wish and stop mass migration of Africans and people from the Middle East but it may come at cost. 

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

Do nothing loudmouth's? Please explain? Might your derogatory comment have anything to do with our new Occupied Territories Law? 

Yeah we can choose not to introduce laws from the EU, like every other Country in the Union does. Each Country in the EU is sovereign, thus control's their own tax system, as far as EU wide taxes there are none.

From the EU website.

Excise duties are different obviously.

Firstly, all EU members have to integrate EU Directives into their local laws. No member can refuse to comply. Member states of the EU are NOT sovereign. Well, not fully sovereign, anyway. In addition, there are also "EU Regulations" and "EU Decisions" which - once formed - are immediately binding upon all member states. 

Secondly... in regards "there are no (EU) taxes.." ... ummm... how about VAT ? That is a EU-mandated tax. Even the LEVEL of VAT (within a band). is controlled by the EU.

Edited by RoofGardener

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Firstly, all EU members have to integrate EU Directives into their local laws. No member can refuse to comply. Member states of the EU are NOT sovereign. Well, not fully sovereign, anyway.

Secondly... in regards "there are no (EU) taxes.." ... ummm... how about VAT ? That is a EU-mandated tax. Even the LEVEL of VAT (within a band). is controlled by the EU.

They don't have to integrate a directive, although fines etc are implemented, if the standard the directive sets out is not established. All a directive is, is a policy standard the EU does not dictate how that standard is met. It's not a law, it's a directive hence why it has a different name.

The EU doesn't collect that tax, the individual states do, and the rate differs from state to state. 

I don't know too much the tax stuff, do the EU set that rate of Output Tax? Is it not considered an excise tax or duty?

Edited by danydandan

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

They don't have to integrate a directive, although fines etc are implemented, if the standard the directive sets out is not established. All a directive is, is a policy standard the EU does not dictate how that standard is met. It's not a law, it's a directive hence why it has a different name.

The EU doesn't collect that tax, the individual states do, and the rate differs from state to state. 

I don't know too much the tax stuff, do the EU set that rate of Output Tax? Is it not considered an excise tax or duty?

When a Directive is created, it comes with an implementation timetable. Any country that has NOT implemented by that deadline faces infringement proceedings ! It is true that the EU does not mandate the nitty-gritty of how each Member State implements that directive into domestic law, but it DOES have to do so. 

VAT rates differ from state to state, but must remain within boundaries determined by the EU. You cannot, for example, set a VAT rate of less than 5%. 

The EU mandates the excise tax on all nations with which it has a trade deal. So the UK - for example - has to tax at that level, and only at that level. It has no choice in the matter. Presumably the UK can set any duty it wants with countries that do NOT have a trade deal with the EU. 

12 hours ago, danydandan said:

We really should be. This political BS will end up with the return of troubles, it's already bloody started in Derry City.

I was also reading about an anonymous Republican political party, that for the life of me I can't recall the name of, has basically said it will start bombing and will support bombings if a hard boarder is established. 

The British government have stated categorically they'll not put up a border, if one goes up it will be put there by the EU and i imagine manned by the Irish on the Irish side, who are the IRA (new, old, about to start) going to attack?

• Like 1

On 24.1.2019 at 10:26 PM, toast said:

You made yourself look like an idiot.

Calm down, no need to become abusive.
Remove your blinders and read my comment again, I made everything quite clear.
And why are you quoting this AFD babbling? I also don't like them.
It's never good to be ideologically biased.
Fortunately there are a growing number of people in Germany who share my opinion.

On 25.1.2019 at 6:08 PM, Setton said:

Just... stop and think about those two statements... 

Alright, I exaggerated on this one. Sometimes it is necessary to read the German press.

3 hours ago, Katzenking said:

Alright, I exaggerated on this one. Sometimes it is necessary to read the German press.

Better than making the claim without reading any of them! 

So which ones do you read? 

With the UK out of the picture by forfeit who knows what could happen? The british grand strategy was always to ensure France and Germany would not ally against them. Their positions in the EU always reflected that. Leaving the EU, the UK leaves a void for something like a franco-german axis to form. I doubt they can make it work, but who knows...

17 hours ago, aztek said:

what Hitler could not do with guns..........

...Putin will do with bribe? 

I highly doubt it. He seems to purchase only utter morons. 

18 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

...Putin will do with bribe? 

I highly doubt it. He seems to purchase only utter morons. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c52d3e851644d3677

• Haha 2