Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spritual dreams or am I crazy?

Unknown2_man

Hi guys, I need help on something...

So I am a believer in a of the pyscic things like telekinesis, etc. Anyway I have been getting these really weird dreams lately and I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not lol. There are a total of 3 dreams that are on my mind all the time 2 of them only happened once and the other is recurring .

Dream 1: I can’t remember to much, but this is what I do remember. I was in a dark void like I was floating. It felt so real, anyway I was floating in a dark void and I think I was having a conversation with a being I can only make out the body it was the size of a grown woman, it was a sillouate of a person it’s body looked litterally like a galaxy. And it seemed to be standing near me I have no clue what we were talking about but before I woke up it said yes and as soon as it said that I woke up

Dream 2: This is another dream I don’t know to much about all I remember is me laying down on my bed in my dark room asleep. I woke up randomly to see a glowing necklace it seemed with a symbol on it, the symbol was (im going to try and explain it the best I can) it was a triangle and inside was a circle with a line down the middle. And then a backwards 3 on top of it (sorry if you couldn’t understand ) and as soon as I seen that necklace I also woke up

dream 3: Now this I remember and I also think this dreams can also just be my imagination, in this dream I am a superhero this is my dream every night. It’s always me doing this big battle it ends up in three different scenes (what I call it) every dream one being me flying above and ocean with white eyes forming a big wave behind me. The second scene  is my floating on a beach coastline surround by water air earth and fire. The last scene is me falling off of a cliff slowly falling into an ocean.

now lettme me explain I have no depression or any struggles or wishes, these dreams came randomly. But the first two were months apart like 2-3 and the third dream just happened like a few weeks ago. I don’t know what these dreams mean or if they mean anything or if they mean I going crazy. Btw I since these dreams I have been getting slightly clairvoyant and been feeling things out of my hands

I don’t want to think this means anything because I don’t want to be crazy so can y’all please help me figure out what’s going on?!

Well ...

• Haha 2

The dreams don't indicate that you're crazy, and if that's what spirituality means to you, then they're spiritual.

So there.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

But really! Do dreams indicate anything real at all? It's hard enough to distinguish reality in our awaken hours. The difference between sleeping and being awake is something that we cannot be certain of in itself. These are words from a reputable source, and also touch on madness. Plato's words:

SOCRATES: A question which I think that you must often have heard persons
ask:–How can you determine whether at this moment we are sleeping, and
all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one
another in the waking state?
THEAETETUS: Indeed, Socrates, I do not know how to prove the one any
more than the other, for in both cases the facts precisely correspond;–and there
is no difficulty in supposing that during all this discussion we have been talking
to one another in a dream; and when in a dream we seem to be narrating dreams,
the resemblance of the two states is quite astonishing.
SOCRATES: You see, then, that a doubt about the reality of sense is easily
raised, since there may even be a doubt whether we are awake or in a dream.
And as our time is equally divided between sleeping and waking, in either sphere
of existence the soul contends that the thoughts which are present to our minds
at the time are true; and during one half of our lives we affirm the truth of the
one, and, during the other half, of the other; and are equally confident of both.
THEAETETUS: Most true.
SOCRATES: And may not the same be said of madness and other disorders?
the difference is only that the times are not equal.
THEAETETUS: Certainly.
SOCRATES: And is truth or falsehood to be determined by duration of
time?

THEAETETUS: That would be in many ways ridiculous.

13 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

It's hard enough to distinguish reality in our awaken hours. The difference between sleeping and being awake is something that we cannot be certain of in itself

Pettytalk

We have a member here that uses reality checkers and I am sure that he would explain it to you in great detail. One should note that running into a brick wall may not be the best test.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Unknown2_man said:

Anyway I have been getting these really weird dreams lately and I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not lol.

Btw I since these dreams I have been getting slightly clairvoyant and been feeling things out of my hands

15 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

But really! Do dreams indicate anything real at all? It's hard enough to distinguish reality in our awaken hours. The difference between sleeping and being awake is something that we cannot be certain of in itself. These are words from a reputable source, and also touch on madness. Plato's words:

U2,

I once believed that wondering if I was crazy was the quickest way to drive me crazy. But you might be right, trying to understand dreams may be a quicker way to drive yourself crazy!

There is this problem that is known to exist--the tendency for a person to think they are clairvoyant!  Maybe the best way to prove that you aren't is in knowing you are "slightly clairvoyant".*  As our brains absorb life's experiences our brain gets better at projecting the models of life. Really cool. 

I have no idea what, "been feeling things out of my hands" means.

* For about ten years I had to have occasions of being clairvoyant in order to be confident enough to do my work. Each instance was 100% accurate, even though each was not about work. When that work stopped so did the insight.

PettyTalk,

Well said and thanks for the reflections of the philosophers.  Having my share of sleep disorders I finally figured out how to figure out if you are dreaming or awake:
 . . take over the dream
 . . ask the question, "Am I awake?"
 . . if you can't answer the question you are asleep
Based on the fact that you can always answer "yes" if you are awake.

Weird but it works!!!

Thanks for the fun guys, MOA

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Pettytalk

We have a member here that uses reality checkers and I am sure that he would explain it to you in great detail. One should note that running into a brick wall may not be the best test.

jmccr8

Blessed are the pure in heart!

blessed-are-the-pure-in-heart.jpg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Pettytalk

jmccr8

Gotta get my wife breakfast but will comment on a couple of these posts later 

On 21/01/2019 at 7:43 PM, Unknown2_man said:

Hi guys, I need help on something...

So I am a believer in a of the pyscic things like telekinesis, etc. Anyway I have been getting these really weird dreams lately and I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not lol. There are a total of 3 dreams that are on my mind all the time 2 of them only happened once and the other is recurring .

Dream 1: I can’t remember to much, but this is what I do remember. I was in a dark void like I was floating. It felt so real, anyway I was floating in a dark void and I think I was having a conversation with a being I can only make out the body it was the size of a grown woman, it was a sillouate of a person it’s body looked litterally like a galaxy. And it seemed to be standing near me I have no clue what we were talking about but before I woke up it said yes and as soon as it said that I woke up

Dream 2: This is another dream I don’t know to much about all I remember is me laying down on my bed in my dark room asleep. I woke up randomly to see a glowing necklace it seemed with a symbol on it, the symbol was (im going to try and explain it the best I can) it was a triangle and inside was a circle with a line down the middle. And then a backwards 3 on top of it (sorry if you couldn’t understand ) and as soon as I seen that necklace I also woke up

dream 3: Now this I remember and I also think this dreams can also just be my imagination, in this dream I am a superhero this is my dream every night. It’s always me doing this big battle it ends up in three different scenes (what I call it) every dream one being me flying above and ocean with white eyes forming a big wave behind me. The second scene  is my floating on a beach coastline surround by water air earth and fire. The last scene is me falling off of a cliff slowly falling into an ocean.

now lettme me explain I have no depression or any struggles or wishes, these dreams came randomly. But the first two were months apart like 2-3 and the third dream just happened like a few weeks ago. I don’t know what these dreams mean or if they mean anything or if they mean I going crazy. Btw I since these dreams I have been getting slightly clairvoyant and been feeling things out of my hands

I don’t want to think this means anything because I don’t want to be crazy so can y’all please help me figure out what’s going on?!

First, it is well known cognitively and psychologically that  certain dream symbols are common human psychological archetypes for different things  This can get very detailed so i will advise you to look up dream symbology online 

However flying, which is a common dream in young people, represents freedom of the spirit or ego and shows you are feeling in control of your own life and free from the constraints of others

Dreams have a couple of specific evolved purposes

One recently discovered is to help a mind memorise anything new learned in the day.

Second is a subconscious processing and evaluating of everything that  happened in life or in your mind during the day using subconscious symbolic language 

Third and connected to the first two, is problem solving, where your subconscious provides solutions to problems in your life  (might be as basic as learning to walk or ride a bike, or as complex as a relationship issue)

Basically all your dreams are positive but the specific symbology can only be known to you. It will mean you thinking through how it might connect to events and thoughts you have had over the few days before a dream.    

Ps all your dreams are perfectly normal and  you are lucky to have rich complex ones. See if YOU can work out a meaning for them.

Absolutely not crazy (based on the dreams, anyway ) :) 

Edited by Mr Walker

On 21/01/2019 at 11:46 PM, Pettytalk said:

SOCRATES: A question which I think that you must often have heard persons
ask:–How can you determine whether at this moment we are sleeping, and
all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one
another in the waking state?
THEAETETUS: Indeed, Socrates, I do not know how to prove the one any
more than the other, for in both cases the facts precisely correspond;–and there
is no difficulty in supposing that during all this discussion we have been talking
to one another in a dream; and when in a dream we seem to be narrating dreams,
the resemblance of the two states is quite astonishing.
SOCRATES: You see, then, that a doubt about the reality of sense is easily
raised, since there may even be a doubt whether we are awake or in a dream.
And as our time is equally divided between sleeping and waking, in either sphere
of existence the soul contends that the thoughts which are present to our minds
at the time are true; and during one half of our lives we affirm the truth of the
one, and, during the other half, of the other; and are equally confident of both.
THEAETETUS: Most true.
SOCRATES: And may not the same be said of madness and other disorders?
the difference is only that the times are not equal.
THEAETETUS: Certainly.
SOCRATES: And is truth or falsehood to be determined by duration of
time?

THEAETETUS: That would be in many ways ridiculous.

Of course they had no knowledge of modern psychology or neuro science and cognitive function.

I suspect this conversation is more  related to  Descartian philosophy on the existence of life itself, rather than dreaming.

A modern person knows the evolved function and purpose of dreaming They know our existence is real and a product of a long period of evolution where we interacted with all the rest of a real world  to become as we are,  but that the nature our self aware consciousness can confuse us 

So the modern narrative is more matrix t type or pondering if we are all just a simulated computer programme 

Dont worry. We are not 

That is as much a self constructed myth as creation stories are.

And so it is easy to determine if you are awke or asleep. I had to learn how to do this as a pre schooler 

Long before modern psychology or cognitive studies i learned that  you must constantly reality check, both during the say and while asleep 

Two simple tests. If you can fly you are asleep. If you can push your body slowly through a brick wall you are asleep Other wise you are awake 

No you dont walk into it. :) you put your hand on a wall, concentrate hard and see if you  can meld your molecules with those of the wall and pass gently through it  

So, for much of my life, i tested these things every day.

Also contextual checking. If you find yourself  in a strange place with no memory of how you got there  it is most likely a dream  (or you were terribly drunk) :) 

One advantage was that this  meant i quickly knew when i was dreaming and could then become lucid and take control of the dream. Another was you no longer have nightmares nor anything that can scare you because you know it is a dream, and thus unable to hurt you    

Also i never confused awake with asleep and even today I always know when i am in a dream . 

Edited by Mr Walker

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Of course they had no knowledge of modern psychology or neuro science and cognitive function.

I suspect this conversation is more  related to  Descartian philosophy on the existence of life itself, rather than dreaming.

A modern person knows the evolved function and purpose of dreaming They know our existence is real and a product of a long period of evolution where we interacted with all the rest of a real world  to become as we are,  but that the nature our self aware consciousness can confuse us 

So the modern narrative is more matrix t type or pondering if we are all just a simulated computer programme 

Dont worry. We are not 

That is as much a self constructed myth as creation stories are.

And so it is easy to determine if you are awke or asleep. I had to learn how to do this as a pre schooler 

Long before modern psychology or cognitive studies i learned that  you must constantly reality check, both during the say and while asleep 

Two simple tests. If you can fly you are asleep. If you can push your body slowly through a brick wall you are asleep Other wise you are awake 

No you dont walk into it. :) you put your hand on a wall, concentrate hard and see if you  can meld your molecules with those of the wall and pass gently through it  

So, for much of my life, i tested these things every day.

Also contextual checking. If you find yourself  in a strange place with no memory of how you got there  it is most likely a dream  (or you were terribly drunk) :) 

One advantage was that this  meant i quickly knew when i was dreaming and could then become lucid and take control of the dream. Another was you no longer have nightmares nor anything that can scare you because you know it is a dream, and thus unable to hurt you    

Also i never confused awake with asleep and even today I always know when i am in a dream . 

You are sleeping so heavily that I can hear your loud snoring all the way here. Actually what is thought of as reality and the state of believing to be awake, is nearly more infinitely complex than the theme of the Matrix. The Dream is dreaming you. You are just a dream character in the dream God is having. I would worry, if I were you, as you are dreaming that you can distinguish between dreaming and reality. But I'm not you, nor do I wish to be the one in your bed on the day you actually wake up and find out you were really dreaming all along. As then, and only then you will know reality. 

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

You are sleeping so heavily that I can hear your loud snoring all the way here. Actually what is thought of as reality and the state of believing to be awake, is nearly more infinitely complex than the theme of the Matrix. The Dream is dreaming you. You are just a dream character in the dream God is having. I would worry, if I were you, as you are dreaming that you can distinguish between dreaming and reality. But I'm not you, nor do I wish to be the one in your bed on the day you actually wake up and find out you were really dreaming all along. As then, and only then you will know reality. 

Why make it personal? 

The rest is a belief and i do not believe it is YOUR belief You are just stirring. 

Science, logic, and education, allow us to understand  our minds, in both waking and sleeping states

new age, and magic, thinking is no match for science  and  technology. 

The dream world and its part in human cognition is fascinating Ive had an interest in for almost 65 years.

The advent of modern brain imaging machines has allowed scientists a much better understanding of the brain and mind including the nature and purpose of dreaming   But psychology has had an interest in it for almost a century. 

You would not believe what a trained mind can do with, and in, the dream state.  

Edited by Mr Walker

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

And how will you know that isn't a dream within a dream ?

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Why make it personal? 

The rest is a belief and i do not believe it is YOUR belief You are just stirring. 

Science, logic, and education, allow us to understand  our minds, in both waking and sleeping states

new age, and magic, thinking is no match for science  and  technology. 

The dream world and its part in human cognition is fascinating Ive had an interest in for almost 65 years.

The advent of modern brain imaging machines has allowed scientists a much better understanding of the brain and mind including the nature and purpose of dreaming   But psychology has had an interest in it for almost a century. 

You would not believe what a trained mind can do with, and in, the dream state.  

It was not personal, as we are all sleeping and snoring, and thinking we are awake to reality.....we are not awake, especially when we think we are, as this life we are living in the physical world is just a vivid and real-like dream. I would dare even say, while slightly turning in my own slumber, that we are closer to being really awake when we are thinking we are asleep. In other words, what we now consider as sleeping and the dreams that come with it are a closer representation of Real reality. Our physical reality is an illusion, or rather just a dream, especially when we think we are awake. We are all sleepwalker.

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

And how will you know that isn't a dream within a dream ?

I know that it may sound ludicrous to suggest this, but I suggest that even God, when He is sleeping, does not know if He is having a dream within his dream. In His case, being God and infinite, His dream within a dream could be likened to the case of placing two mirrors (two dreams) in front of each other, and the reflection is an infinite back and forth one.

From the internet I fished this out.

What happens when you place two mirrors facing each other? Is it possible to have an infinite amount of reflections?

This question reminds me of Zeno's paradoxes.

It is assumed that the two mirror surfaces are absolutely parallel.

In classical physics the electromagnetic waves that create the reflections are uniform and the energy loss due to the reflection ( depending on the material of the glass) will be what will make the reflections fainter and fainter , but the process is continuous and the limit will be a limit in luminosity. In principle a totally reflecting material would have no limit, going to infinite reflections as time goes to infinity. {corrected from original statement that the wavefronts are instantaneous: Maxwells equations obey special relativity i.e. the velocity c of light is finite}

Reality is quantum mechanical and also special relativity dependent.

With special relativity in the problem it will take time to reach the next reflection, so even for a total reflector infinity will also be reached only at infinite time, during observation, though there will be an enormous number of reflections.

Quantum mechanically there can not be a totally reflecting mirror, even in a thought problem. There will always be a probability of absorption and thus a termination of the wavefront eventually, the images getting less and less defined until they become individual photons and finally totally absorbed .

Since quantum mechanics reigns, in reality no, there will not be an infinite amount of reflections.

I would agree with the bold and underlined conclusion, but I know better, since I know God reigns, and not the simple laws He has decreed for his created image, our physical world, which is only a reflection, a moving image of his eternal realm.

10 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

but I suggest that even God, when He is sleeping,

Does he snore ? I think we are getting into some heavy-duty guesswork here, even If we allow that there is  a greater reality, and I have considerable reason to think there is, I also think speculation about the workings if it, are probably valueless, our understandings only applicable to this "inferior" version of reality.

Edited by Habitat

22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Does he snore ?

If we're lucky :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Gotta get my wife breakfast but will comment on a couple of these posts later 

Hi Walker

:tu: Thanks :unsure2:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

It was not personal, as we are all sleeping and snoring, and thinking we are awake to reality.....we are not awake, especially when we think we are, as this life we are living in the physical world is just a vivid and real-like dream. I would dare even say, while slightly turning in my own slumber, that we are closer to being really awake when we are thinking we are asleep. In other words, what we now consider as sleeping and the dreams that come with it are a closer representation of Real reality. Our physical reality is an illusion, or rather just a dream, especially when we think we are awake. We are all sleepwalker.

No This is magical/new age thinking.

Science and psychology, as well as common sense, illustrate our contextual place, both biologically and cognitively, within the cosmos. Ie we are a construct of the cosmos, not vice versa, but we have a huge capacity for thought, which causes us to ask questions and provide answers.

The problem is, how we choose our answers .  

We now know that dreams serve specific evolved purposes like constructing memory pathways to reinforce what we learned and to reprocess and evaluate our  physical and mental activities in recent hours.  Thus we can use dreams to learn and practice new activities.  We can use them to role play possible future actions to predict outcomes, and we can use them to problem solve. OR we can use them as pure recreation

Our perception of physical reliability is a highly evolved and accurate    sense of our environment, which enables us to survive within any environment and makes us the most adaptable  animal on earth The cockroach has a higher  survival abilty, but not through adaptability, only sheer physical toughness :)   

The basic difference is this. Dreams are a constructed inner reality with no physical attachment to external reality They cannot hurt you. You can safely shape and make a whole dream world that only exists in your mind and "play" in it with no consequences.

Waking perceptions, however flawed, interpret an independently  existing environment and  decisions made in that reality  can have real physical results, including death.

We are the dreamer, not the dream. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 1

If you believe in telekinesis then you're misinformed. If you believe you can do telekinesis then you're crazy.

As for your dreams. They're just dreams, and waking dreams.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've actually had the same kind of experiance that you had...floating in a dark void. The reason why i had that dream/experiance was because when i was younger i messed around with ouija boards and communicated with the 'dead' a lot. the reason why i said 'dead' was because...i ended up realizing later that, the beings that i was in communication with were actually demons. Infact if you try to communicate with anything spiritual in this realm without God. you will open doors to demons. Let me explain it to you like this. When people die, if they know and have a relationship with Jesus, then they go to heaven...If not they go to Hell where they suffer. (people don't get to hang out here). If you see a person that looks like a dead relative, that's a type of demon called a fimiliar spirit. (Those demons are actually able to go back and forth through time and see people and get information and come back and look, like that person you know who died.) Those are also the ones that psychics communicate with. The only thing that exists in the earthly realm that is a spirit is either an angel or a demon. And the spirit of God..who is always around protecting Gods children. 

Anyway after communicating with the demons, I woke up being suspended in this dark pitch black place. I looked up and there was a crescent shape light way way up above me. I was confused, and all i could think of was Jesus. And when i thought about Jesus, a giant hand came up from under me and pushed me up into the light and i came out of the dark place and i was back in my bedroom. 

Later on, I found out by going to church, that the dark place I was in was the spiritual realm.the spirits/demons i had been communicating with, took me there. 

I'm actually reading a book right now about it called, Translation by Faith by a Christian pastor named Bruce Allen. He's actually traveled from one place to another by the power of God. He says that anyone in Christ can do it. And he's taught people how to do it. A couple of people say they have felt vibrations and seen demons and angels walking around in there..they also have spoken to them. He said God spoke to one guy that he knows and told him he wanted to go to another country. So the guy packed his suitcase and told God, "i don't know what you want me to do, I don't have any money to go to that place" and God said, Go to the airport. And from there, God told him to go in the bathroom and put your suitcase in the stall and start worshipping me. So he did that...and God moved him supernaturally to that country. 

I want to tell you, what you saw was not anything of God. The devil is trying to get into your life so he can ruin it. If you keep communicating with them, they can take control of your spriit, they can make you sick. I've experienced stuff like that so, Turn to Jesus and tell Him you want to be able to know the future. That's called Prophecy. I can do that. In fact in the bible, it says that God wants us all to desire to prophesy, which means he always wants people to do that. But you have to repent and turn to Him. He's open to more than you think. You can also communicate with people who have passed if you ask God. And you can communicate with angels. My pastors have both heard and seen angels. But before you do anything, pray first and tell God your interests. Also, ask for the discerning of spirits. Thats done through the spirit of God. So you can know whats evil and whats not. (I hope i'm not confusing you  too much).

Take Care,

-Katy