Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kamala Harris announces presidential candidacy

ExpandMyMind

On 1/21/2019 at 5:58 PM, Myles said:

I bet Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez  is p***ed.   She has the media focus to be the one.

Considering the media is trying to run Beto, who lost his election... She might just as well run.

My opinion is that she appears qualified, but that almost assures she will not be nominated, going off recent elections.

It will be whomever the lead Leftist media, and Leftist financiers, want in office. That's how Clinton kept getting the auto-nomination. In 2008, Obama was picked by the media, and Clinton by the money, and the media won.

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Considering the media is trying to run Beto, who lost his election... She might just as well run.

Too young.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The US Constitution, Article 2, section 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Too young.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Lol

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Too young.

Oh yeah. She's going to have to wait till next time. 

these candidates are all light weights. i think Trump has established a dangerous precedent for unqualified and tabloid type candidates. what about Hilary? any talk of her running for President? 

On 1/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

t will be somebody that is not a name in the MSM right now.  Remember Obama..? Yes he was a weapon in Illinois, not so much elsewhere, so maybe some could see it coming. But all of a sudden, he picked up steam and blew right passed Golden Girl, Hilary, who started out with a huge lead. Then she cried.

Thats a bit of revisionist history amigo. Obama was hand selected before the '04 primaries and his speech at the DNC convention was simply amazing. Hell I was a GOP operative at the time and I'll never forget listening to that speech and knowing he was gonna win in '08

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:58 PM, Myles said:

I bet Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez  is p***ed.   She has the media focus to be the one.

I wish she were old enough to run. The right wing panic surrounding her is awesome to watch. That most recent headline about her statement on global warming was hilarious.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a bit of revisionist history amigo. Obama was hand selected before the '04 primaries and his speech at the DNC convention was simply amazing. Hell I was a GOP operative at the time and I'll never forget listening to that speech and knowing he was gonna win in '08

I remember thinking nearly the same thing after the first speech I heard of his before his first election. Even said if I could find a way to believe his sold out *** I'd vote for him myself. Lucky for me I knew better.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I wish she were old enough to run. The right wing panic surrounding her is awesome to watch. That most recent headline about her statement on global warming was hilarious.

I feel the same way about the left wing panic of Trump.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I feel the same way about the left wing panic of Trump.

I did too.....

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

these candidates are all light weights. i think Trump has established a dangerous precedent for unqualified and tabloid type candidates. what about Hilary? any talk of her running for President? 

Plenty. She's not saying herself.... yet. But, myself, I think it a high likelyhood.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Plenty. She's not saying herself.... yet. But, myself, I think it a high likelyhood.

From what I can tell she is being shunned by the majority of the dems and especially by the progressive wing.

• Like 1

Here she is in role on Friends.

Edited by OverSword

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think any and all candidates, Dem, Rep or Ind would eat her for lunch. She's already said enough to show she knows very little about anything. Her former job as a bartender and her 10 mins in Congress haven't given her much in the way of experience judging by the way she can't keep her foot out of her mouth. Most people in her position would set about learning their job. The people who are puffing up her ego aren't doing her any favors.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skliss said:

She's already said enough to show she knows very little about anything.

Has she? Honest question after the BS global warming headline debacle from the other day. They were straight lying about her

20 minutes ago, skliss said:

Her former job as a bartender and her 10 mins in Congress haven't given her much in the way of experience judging by the way she can't keep her foot out of her mouth. Most people in her position would set about learning their job. The people who are puffing up her ego aren't doing her any favors.

You have a point there but I would argue that she is every bit if not more qualified as Trump was when he ran.....but like I said you do have a point LOL

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

I think any and all candidates, Dem, Rep or Ind would eat her for lunch. She's already said enough to show she knows very little about anything. Her former job as a bartender and her 10 mins in Congress haven't given her much in the way of experience judging by the way she can't keep her foot out of her mouth. Most people in her position would set about learning their job. The people who are puffing up her ego aren't doing her any favors.

I'm kinda torn on AOC...

On the one hand,she has little career politician brainwashing and so far is loud,brash,and causing her own party fits :lol:...Sound like someone else we know?...

On the other,i'm no fan of several of her policy ideas and her loud brashness has been very loaded with utter nonsense and inaccurracies...again,sounds like someone else we know :lol:

One honest assessment to anyone paying attention is,she is getting this type of hype and attention for the very same reasons Trump swallowed up the all the Republicans media attention in '15-'16!

People are sick and tired of hearing the same 'ol BS from the same old faces that have carried on political favors for one another ever so often disguised as "bipartisan cooperation"...and still nothing gets done for the average everyday American.

I had already been hearing rumblings of old Dems whispering to AOC to "calm it down" or "cool it" once she got voted in...I like that she hasn't,and has made the establishment have to start doing so out in the open...

We need more honest human like politicians who speak their honest opinions out in the open to break up the monopoly of career "sooth sayers"...matters not to me if they screw up their facts every now and then,hell i just want to know where the hell they ACTUALLY stand!

The Democrat and Republican parties need to be taken apart completely,if not outright banned due to religious like devotion anymore,and rebuilt outta brutal unhinged honesty so we can know who is who...only then can "working out deals" with one side or the other be accomplished...

My 2 cents anyway ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Has she? Honest question after the BS global warming headline debacle from the other day. They were straight lying about her

You have a point there but I would argue that she is every bit if not more qualified as Trump was when he ran.....but like I said you do have a point LOL

How is she "every bit if not more qualified" than Trump? Briefly tending bar and decades of running a multi-million if not billion dollar corporation are now the same thing? These kinds of out of the realm of reality statements are what make me dismiss so much of what you say any more.

• Like 3

Just now, skliss said:

How is she "every bit if not more qualified" than Trump? Briefly tending bar and decades of running a multi-million if not billion dollar corporation are now the same thing? These kinds of out of the realm of reality statements are what make me dismiss so much of what you say any more.

The man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, never worked a day in his life and never lived a life that even KINDA resembles the American experience the rest of us have. Real life experience.

I definitely give credit where credit is due, the man is a genius at emotional manipulation, the reality of his finances however is that he was given a multi million dollar corporation in addition to the hundreds of millions potentially illegally funneled to him by his father.

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm kinda torn on AOC...

On the one hand,she has little career politician brainwashing and so far is loud,brash,and causing her own party fits :lol:...Sound like someone else we know?...

On the other,i'm no fan of several of her policy ideas and her loud brashness has been very loaded with utter nonsense and inaccurracies...again,sounds like someone else we know :lol:

One honest assessment to anyone paying attention is,she is getting this type of hype and attention for the very same reasons Trump swallowed up the all the Republicans media attention in '15-'16!

People are sick and tired of hearing the same 'ol BS from the same old faces that have carried on political favors for one another ever so often disguised as "bipartisan cooperation"...and still nothing gets done for the average everyday American.

I had already been hearing rumblings of old Dems whispering to AOC to "calm it down" or "cool it" once she got voted in...I like that she hasn't,and has made the establishment have to start doing so out in the open...

We need more honest human like politicians who speak their honest opinions out in the open to break up the monopoly of career "sooth sayers"...matters not to me if they screw up their facts every now and then,hell i just want to know where the hell they ACTUALLY stand!

The Democrat and Republican parties need to be taken apart completely,if not outright banned due to religious like devotion anymore,and rebuilt outta brutal unhinged honesty so we can know who is who...only then can "working out deals" with one side or the other be accomplished...

My 2 cents anyway ;)

Maybe she would grow into a worthy candidate one day with some years and life experience. I actually thought that about Obama, they pushed him into a job he wasn't ready for and imo he was insecure his entire two terms. One thing that stood out to me was one of the first reports from behind the scenes, about a month in, they would bring him his daily report every morning and ask him to make decisions and he finally had a huge meltdown screaming "Quit asking me to make decisions!" Which is what the POTUS is supposed to do. He was clearly in over his head. But maybe that's what they wanted someone to stand up and give speeches that they could control because they know so little. She'd be the same way.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

The man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, never worked a day in his life and never lived a life that even KINDA resembles the American experience the rest of us have. Real life experience.

I definitely give credit where credit is due, the man is a genius at emotional manipulation, the reality of his finances however is that he was given a multi million dollar corporation in addition to the hundreds of millions potentially illegally funneled to him by his father.

So his companies and all the people who work for him don't exist? It's ridiculous to say "he's never worked a day in his life", clearly he has.  In fact, his construction guys say he insisted on learning how to run all their machinery and has made his kids learn to as well. So I guess he sits in the oval office every day with his feet on his desk and snoozes. Obviously he works in the White House. It makes no sense to say something so easily dismissed.

18 minutes ago, skliss said:

Maybe she would grow into a worthy candidate one day with some years and life experience. I actually thought that about Obama, they pushed him into a job he wasn't ready for and imo he was insecure his entire two terms. One thing that stood out to me was one of the first reports from behind the scenes, about a month in, they would bring him his daily report every morning and ask him to make decisions and he finally had a huge meltdown screaming "Quit asking me to make decisions!" Which is what the POTUS is supposed to do. He was clearly in over his head. But maybe that's what they wanted someone to stand up and give speeches that they could control because they know so little. She'd be the same way.

She's not old enough anyway,but i appreciate her honesty SO FAR on how she thinks and feels no matter if i disagree with many of her stances or not...

Her short lived honesty and clear stances makes her a much better politician in '19 than "Build a wall/Never build a wall Nancy" or "Obamacare is unconstitutional/I won't vote to repeal it" McCain...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skliss said:

So his companies and all the people who work for him don't exist? It's ridiculous to say "he's never worked a day in his life", clearly he has.  In fact, his construction guys say he insisted on learning how to run all their machinery and has made his kids learn to as well.

So the rich guy wants to play with the big toys and im supposed to believe that is work? :lol:

Comeon you know what im saying. He has never had to work a day in his life. He has never been an employee , he has never had the concern of needing to perform in order to keep a job or not pay for his essentials.

12 hours ago, skliss said:

So I guess he sits in the oval office every day with his feet on his desk and snoozes. Obviously he works in the White House. It makes no sense to say something so easily dismissed.

Its only easily dismissed if you refuse to look past the propaganda.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So the rich guy wants to play with the big toys and im supposed to believe that is work?

Maybe you need to spend some time around a high ranking corporate official.  Believe me, you wouldn't want to work that hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1