Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeists and Mysterious Psychic Powers

macqdor

Poltergeists and Mysterious Psychic Powers

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/01/poltergeists-and-mysterious-psychic-powers/?fbclid=IwAR3y9nkqImwa9BcTTEtsxiNW6JVyEoTd39YqZQAFqPFNuWSRamlChEqwYU4

If this is not all trickery or naturally occurring phenomena, then we are dealing with forces we are far from comprehending, the methods and processes by which they work every bit as cryptic as the idea of nuclear fusion would have been 100 years ago. These are things beyond reality as we currently know it, past our ability to grasp them. There is no way for us to possibly know at this point what is going on, but we can try to look at what evidence we can find and try to pursue different avenues through the tangle of mysteries to possible answers. Through this sort of speculation and pursuit of the truth there is the possibility that one day we may gain an understanding of what drives the poltergeist phenomenon, whatever that may be- a day when the paranormal will simply be normal. Until then, those poltergeists are the “noisy ghosts,” out running amok and eluding comprehension.

walls2.jpg

Humpty Doo Poltergeist

Edited by macqdor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

walls2.jpg

Humpty Doo Poltergeist

Macqdor, can you tell us what is going on in this photo and the story behind it.

I have heard of Humpty Doo Poltergeist 

From the link intro:

Humpty Doo, one of the best documented poltergeist cases of all time, began 20 years ago this month.

The Cropster was one of at least 30 witnesses to the strange happenings that took place in the small blue house in McMinns Drive, Humpty Doo in Australia’s Northern Territory. Humpty Doo is an Australian slang term meaning ‘everything topsy-turvy, or turned upside down’ – a perfect description of what poltergeists do.

it always blows my mind to think how much science must not know if poltergeist phenomena is real. And I believe it is real from the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence. I agree with the OP quote that scientists need to get to work instead of trying to dismiss.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

it always blows my mind to think how much science must not know if poltergeist phenomena is real. And I believe it is real from the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence. I agree with the OP quote that scientists need to get to work instead of trying to dismiss.

How does that not sink in? 

If the paranormal is real, we would rewrite all we know. Just how likely do you think it is that all gathered knowledge is wrong? 

The odds are astronomical. 

Scientists do not dismiss. I don't know where you make stuff up like that. Have a good read of what I have typed and try piecing the bleeding obvious together. 

Your credulous approach is contradictory. 

As for the Humpty Doo ghost, the Australian Skeptics showed up wanting to do tests and were promptly turned away. 

Skeptics are not welcome and barred from the property. 

So it seems more likely that they wish to maintain the mystery that they know does not exist. That says all that there needs to be said on the case really. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How does that not sink in? 

If the paranormal is real, we would rewrite all we know. Just how likely do you think it is that all gathered knowledge is wrong? 

How does it not sink in that the paranormal would not cause us to rewrite understandings that already work??<_<

Just now, papageorge1 said:

How does it not sink in that the paranormal would not cause us to rewrite understandings that already work??<_<

Easily as that's not the case at all. If these allegedly undetectable forces exit that can maintain intelligent complexity exist, then we have either missed something obvious that makes atoms work differently to what we have observed or we got it all completely wrong. 

Why do you think such extraordinary forces would not affect the standard model? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Easily as that's not the case at all. If these allegedly undetectable forces exit that can maintain intelligent complexity exist, then we have either missed something obvious that makes atoms work differently to what we have observed or we got it all completely wrong. 

Why do you think such extraordinary forces would not affect the standard model? 

All I said was that we would not need to rewrite normal physics. The paranormal can be looked at more like additions.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

All I said was that we would not need to rewrite normal physics. The paranormal can be looked at more like additions.

Not if you understand science it cannot. It's pretty much a complete rewrite and based on no evidence whatsoever. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Not if you understand science it cannot. It's pretty much a complete rewrite and based on no evidence whatsoever. 

So everytime a new discovery is made everything else needs to be rewritten too? I don’t think so.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

So everytime a new discovery is made everything else needs to be rewritten too? I don’t think so.

No  they conform with known sciences though and buld on it. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that. 

Why do you think we spent the best part of half a century chasing the Higgs? The standard model predicted it had to exist. 

You really should familiarise yourself with the sciences before commenting on them. 

Did you realise that's what the standard model did? It refuted all guesses and philosophical ideas and replaced them with science.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Conservation of Energy

Do you know almost everything you see happening around you has a scientific explanation? From the sun rising and falling each day to why everything always comes down if you throw it in the air. Scientists have studied a lot of natural phenomenon and have come up with equations, laws and rules to explain these. These equations, laws and rules are then used in experiments to learn more about the world.

One such law is called the conservation of energy. This law says that the amount of energy in a system never changes. No new energy is created, and no old energy is destroyed. This is the law that you'll be learning about in this lesson. And yes, when people tell you how you have so much energy, they are referring to the same energy that this law talks about.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/law-of-conservation-of-energy-lesson-for-kids.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

All the OP was saying is that science has a lot of work ahead of it if poltergeists exist. And I agreed.

A lot of work like gaining access to Humpty Doo Ghost's property?

• Thanks 1

Waste of time looking papageorge, it zigs when investigators zag. It won't be smoked out.

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

All the OP was saying is that science has a lot of work ahead of it if poltergeists exist. And I agreed.

Well then you are wrong aren't you? 

And especially so in this case. 

• Like 1

Macqdor, can you tell us what is going on in this photo and the story behind it.

Sure!  The Humpty Doo Poltergeist case is one of the most well documented cases in recent memory.  The house occupants you see (in the pic) where experiencing inexplicable wall writings (text book geist stuff) as well as other well poltergeist phenomena.

As for the Humpty Doo ghost, the Australian Skeptics showed up wanting to do tests and were promptly turned away.

Dam right they were barred away.  I'd turn them away to.  The only thing a skeptic believes in is being a career skeptic.    The fact that they showed up proves they understand NOTHING ABOUT  poltergeist phenomena.    Them showing up with pen and clipboard is like me showing up where a bolt of lightening struck yesterday.

Screw skeptics.

Their approach to the this subject is severely flawed and outdated.

@papageorge1

Edited by macqdor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Sure!  The Humpty Doo Poltergeist case is one of the most well documented cases in recent memory.  The house occupants you see (in the pic) where experiencing inexplicable wall writings (text book geist stuff) as well as other well poltergeist phenomena.

Not it's not. It's an anecdote. A ghost story. If it was documented, there would be, you know, documents. There not. There's hearsay in newspapers and entertainment websites. 

Dam right they were barred away.  I'd turn them away to.  The only thing a skeptic believes in is being a career skeptic.    The fact that they showed up proves they understand NOTHING ABOUT  poltergeist phenomena.

Lol, spoken like a true believer. That's the dumbest thing you could do. If the phenomenon was real, a skeptic would be a quick path to credibility and further investigation. 

Them showing up with pen and clipboard is like me showing up where a bolt of lightening struck yesterday.

How so? It is supposed to be a hot spot of activity, a place where lighting not only strikes twice, but regularly. 

Sounds like a weak excuse to me. 

Screw skeptics.

Lol how mature. Gee  why would people not take you seriously LOL :rofl:

In what way, can you please provide more information. 

@papageorge1

I think you two might make a great match!!! :wub::lol:

• Like 1

a ghost story to someone who's in forever in love with with their world view of course.

The average skeptic wouldn't even know where to begin.       walk into a "geist" house what's the first thing you go? Tell Mr. Know it all?

Just now, macqdor said:

a ghost story to someone who's in forever in love with with their world view of course.

How do you come to that conclusion? How do you know what my worldview is? 

Just now, macqdor said:

The average skeptic wouldn't even know where to begin.       

Believers are empty handed when it comes to evidence too. 

Just now, macqdor said:

walk into a "geist" house what's the first thing you go? Tell Mr. Know it all?

Temperature and energy measurements. Any change in natural conditions. For a start. If the alleged disturbance exists at all, finding something to work with would be the best way to start. What the nature of the anomaly is would determine the next steps. 

That's pretty basic investigation. Have you even considered your own question? 

• Like 2

Temperature and energy measurements. Any change in natural conditions.

Temperature and energy conditions?  You could only investigate the conditions in real-time.  Today's baseline is not yesterdays baseline?

How do you investigate wall-writings?

How do you investigate objects being thrown?

What happens if no objects get thrown?  What happens if there's no wall writings while you're there?  Is that your proof?  Is that your baseline?

A skeptic is not arriving to investigate "geist" phenomena. A skeptic is their to promote their world view that all "geist" phenomena is BS.

They have as much experience investigating this type of phenomena as a intern med student has performing his/her first open heart surgery.

skeptics should stick to being skeptics.   Thats what they do best. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

A lot of work like gaining access to Humpty Doo Ghost's property?

The structure of the universe is what it is whether science can study it or not. And in my considered opinion the universe allows for so-called poltergeist activity whether science of the year 2019 understands it or not.

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Well then you are wrong aren't you? 

And especially so in this case. 

Errrr no!!  The only thing above is your false bravado.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

The structure of the universe is what it is whether science can study it or not. And in my considered opinion the universe allows for so-called poltergeist activity whether science of the year 2019 understands it or not.

If it can be observed, it can be observed. 

What's to fear?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's zero to fear. The phenomena is not meant for 7 billion people to see.  The ego of man to think that it is.  The Poltergeist is a sentient being.  It has an IQ. It has an intelligence.   Some of it exceeds our own. 

• Haha 1

Dam right they were barred away.  I'd turn them away to.  The only thing a skeptic believes in is being a career skeptic.    The fact that they showed up proves they understand NOTHING ABOUT  poltergeist phenomena.    Them showing up with pen and clipboard is like me showing up where a bolt of lightening struck yesterday.

Screw skeptics.

Wow, what a nice man..

So, macqdor, you want to screw me?  Isn't that a little bit rude?  (but perhaps a good and accurate guide to your character..)

Anyway.... I'm just wondering, have you (and, apparently, everyone else with similar claims across the globe) solved all your numerous problems with video recording surveillance systems yet?  I mean, I presume you are still being haunted, so ...... where's the footage?  Surely you've learnt your lessons well?

If you're still having problems, would you like me to run you through how to create a simple cheap system that is virtually infallible?

Readers, as usual, are invited to look at macqdor's posting history here (and note the self promotion / spam).  He has incredibly, almost unbelievably, bad luck when it comes to his poltergeese.  er.. polterducks..?  They somehow always escape his cameras..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• The topic was locked