Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNA and the boy in the box......

Newfrance

This case goes back to 1957................A boy is found in a  box and ''Never Identified.''   Quite a search was done to locate relatives but no success ever came about.  Recently   a genaoloical searches have solved several case that appeared to have been lost to history.......Will it work in this case........Does anyone know if the process is taking place or if it has had any success.............Please post..............................................

• Confused 1

• The title was changed to DNA and the boy in the box......

Agree with Piney. I know of a few different boy in the box cases.

I assume you mean the Philadelphia episode?

I would hope that they are trying to bring some closure to the case but unless someone is actively pushing it, it will probably get lost in the background noise of all the other unsolved murders.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I assume you mean the Philadelphia episode?

There was quite a few of them in the Delaware Valley. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I assumed the Philadelphia incident due to the date, 1957.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in_the_Box_(Philadelphia

If so this is the link to said Boy in the Box.

Rest of what I said is true though. Unless someone cares enough to push it then there are other things to put police resources into.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

A good friend of mine found a 'Boy in a Box' in Adelaide South Australia in the 90s.

Kid wasn't dead but had been neglected in ways that are hard to describe. People can do some horrid things to other people.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

A good friend of mine found a 'Boy in a Box' in Adelaide South Australia in the 90s.

I was called in on a baby in a box  in a blueberry field because they thought the kid was tribal. His mother was a Latino from the city.

• Like 3

From the above linked wiki:

In August 2018 Barbara Rae-Venter, the genetic genealogist who helped to identify the Golden State Killer using a DNA profiling technique, stated that she was using the same method to try to identify the boy in the box.[7]

There's your answer OP.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

There's your answer OP.

Well... I found the wiki. But I didn't read it. Mainly cause I wasn't all that interested.

On another note I am sure the OP should have found the wiki article and if interested read it and found that answer.

So now I feel like they were planning to wow us with their knowledge.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Well... I found the wiki. But I didn't read it. Mainly cause I wasn't all that interested.

On another note I am sure the OP should have found the wiki article and if interested read it and found that answer.

So now I feel like they were planning to wow us with their knowledge.

Yeah, i just looked under "investigation" and read the last paragraph. I, too, do not care about this case in any fashion.

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yeah, i just looked under "investigation" and read the last paragraph. I, too, do not care about this case in any fashion.

I feel like making a gorilla related pun but it is far to hot. Perhaps later when I am not sweating faster then I can drink vodka.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I feel like making a gorilla related pun but it is far to hot. Perhaps later when I am not sweating faster then I can drink vodka.

I wish I were drinking. It's the only think that makes UM palatable these days with these dumbass topics and all my good posts being deleted almost immediately by mods.
ugh. 10 more hours on call.

• Like 1

I work a 4-2 roster. 4 weeks of sobriety and fairly full on work. 2 weeks of doing whatever I wish. Which often involves drinking. Usually it would involve drinking in a South East Asian or Oceanic nation, Bali and Fiji being preferences. But this break required a few days of Adulting in Australia. Where alcohol is far more expensive then Bali.

:|

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

There's your answer OP.

hope they solve it, it would be quite neat............

2 minutes ago, Newfrance said:

hope they solve it, it would be quite neat............

What is your interest? There are a lot of unsolved murders of all kinds from all eras.

2 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

Usually it would involve drinking in a South East Asian or Oceanic nation, Bali and Fiji being preferences. 

:|

Sounds horrible.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Sounds horrible.... :rolleyes:

It is. I would go an harass @third_eye if his country were not so ridiculously expensive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

It is. I would go an harass @third_eye if his country were not so ridiculously expensive.

Take me with you. This country gets more disappointing every day, I want to live on a tropical island in south east asia and be drunk all the time. Maybe get involved in the illegal animal trade or some light drug smuggling...

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Take me with you. This country gets more disappointing every day, I want to live on a tropical island in south east asia and be drunk all the time. Maybe get involved in the illegal animal trade or some light drug smuggling...

The illegal exotic bird trade from Australia used to be worth incredible money. Sounds like something that could be revitalized.

Drug smuggling in SE Asia is generally better done at the heavy end. Not bribing everyone is generally punishable with death by firing squad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

The illegal exotic bird trade from Australia used to be worth incredible money. Sounds like something that could be revitalized.

Drug smuggling in SE Asia is generally better done at the heavy end. Not bribing everyone is generally punishable with death by firing squad.

I'm okay with birds... but i'm also oddly at peace with a firing squad, too. 

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm okay with birds... but i'm also oddly at peace with a firing squad, too. 

Dead is dead has always been my opinion. How you get there is academic once you are there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

What is your interest? There are a lot of unsolved murders of all kinds from all eras.

Kind of neat  really find out who he was, kind of like solving the golden state killer case. ..

Man and women adopt this boy. White hillbilly type, he gets in rages when drunk but also flys off the handle for small things. Women left boy in his company. She had to work. Man flew in a rage because boy spilled something on the floor. He beat the boy and grabbed him and hit him against something hard. Hard surface. Boy went into convulsion and died. Oddly, the man felt the boy was faking it. He had no remorse. Left him on the floor while he drank. Women comes home. Cries. Yells. Man hits her in the face. She is told to help him get rid of it before it smells. She wraps the child in a blanket. Cut his hair to feel connected. Saddness. Loss. Helpess to stand against man. She did not get over it for years. Blamed herself. She would have gone to the hospital with boy. Why is orphanage covering up! They knew the boy. Boy was slow. Speech issue. He picked up the box from outside. Fingerprints contaminated. No hope in solving. Everyone is gone. Hospital to have records of women beaten and boy with her. Sad case.