Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Stock Jersey UFO pictures real or hoax

the13bats

The basic story, In 52 george stock took 5 pics of a typical flying saucer ufo and even had a buddy witness the event unlike the serious debunking of the paul trent pics out of McMinnville i cant seem to find anything on stocks pics, perhaps i missed it or didnt look hard enough,

Heres one image,

UFO2.jpg.1718069299196dc9afc4773f37826623.jpg

You can find the other pics and versions of the story online, so hoax or ?

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You can find the other pics and versions of the story online, so hoax or ?

Just from the depth you can see it's the same size as a farmer's summer hat.  You can also see the bottom of the "ship" is altered.

I'm calling fake. 

Yeah, what was really cool when they debunked the paul trent pics as the side rear view mirror from an old pick up truck, they posted a truck with the mirror.

• Like 1

I would say real pic, fake "UFO".  It looks like somebody threw a sombrero or some other hat, into the air. 

Perhaps no one took it at all serious hence why i couldn't find any debunking of it

A few points:

1. As far as I am aware, George Stock did not release the original negatives, and their whereabouts are unknown.  The images we see are hideously over contrasty, and I suspect they are scanned prints or photocopies of prints, probably 3rd generation or worse.

2. I've only seen 4 of the alleged 5 photos.

3. The objects in the images do not seem to match very well.... yet George doesn't seem to refer in his comments to any 'morphing' or inconsistencies, or that strange round outer edge effect seen in the images.  That edge effect, by the way, suspiciously seems to match the surrounding sky's light grey shade to an extraordinary level of accuracy, as if the edge was completely transparent - this was not mentioned in Stock's comments either...

4. George claims he was running and the craft was accelerating away, as he took the last two shots.  Yet no motion blur of craft or scenery?  Impressive...

5. The objects all seem to be of slightly different clarity, both in sharpness and contrast, to other scenery in the same image.  It's hard to make any determination about that without access to much better quality scans, however.

Scan technology has increased the potential quality of images dramatically over the years, yet we are stuck with these?  Perhaps George took them to his grave with good reason..

Edited by ChrLzs

Sounds good to me