Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Adelaide Supreme Court Haunted

Golden Duck

31 million Supreme Court renovations halted after medium declares the spirit of a dead judge is haunting the building - as plans are rearranged to 'appease the ghost'

The unnamed psychic medium told building firm Hansen Yuncken former Supreme Court Chief Justice Sir George Murray is not impressed with plans to redesign the Adelaide courtroom where he spent 26 years.

Hansen Yuncken hired the woman at their own expense after a spate of incidents, including a fire extinguisher and chairs being moved around the courtrooms.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6611759/Supreme-Court-renovations-halted-medium-declares-spirit-dead-judge-haunting-building.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd say the jury is out on this one, if you can pardon the pun.

• Haha 7

I have only a "medium" amount of faith in this story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I read the full article in this morning's paper but couldn't get more detail online.

Absolutely ridiculous. Never heard of anything in the field so inane. 

Someone is making good money out of this silly stunt. 

I'd like more detail, pity the information is scant. But if true, then Hansen Yunken just became the laughing stock of the industry. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Dp

Edited by psyche101

Somebody just needs to tell that judge 'would you get an afterlife!!'.

hahaha....I kill me:lol:

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss the need for some investigation. My friend’s dad has been a cleaner for the courts for quite a while, and says he always hears noises and doors slamming and just says it’s creepy.

A very respected journalist in the Adelaide Advertiser added this, this morning.   ( Posted in another thread but directly relevant here )

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/rex-jory-i-lived-with-a-ghost-or-presence-for-months/news-story/27ba2b11e9a2bdb35ad32ca028f776f6

The trouble started soon after we moved in. A group of us were sitting in the lounge room one night — our two young children had gone to bed — when a hard-covered book sitting on top of a writing bureau flew across the room and landed on the carpet.

Everyone saw it, no-one could explain it.

Someone picked up the book and put it back on the desk. It immediately took flight again, thumping on to the carpet.

And so began a series of extraordinary events which defy explanation.

At night there was loud thumping, like some punching or slapping an empty wardrobe or wooden crate. Oddly, it was difficult to locate the source of the noise.

The shower over the bath would suddenly start going at odd hours of the night. A plumbers’ inspection tap, high on an internal wall, would somehow be turned off.

Locked doors would open and close. A set of double-glass doors separating the lounge room and dining room would open simultaneously and then gently close even though one of the doors was bolted top and bottom.

A door leading to a side veranda, which was deadlocked, would open and close. It was impossible without a key.

Curiously, our ghost or poltergeist or unexplained presence didn’t unduly disturb us.

The children, then aged seven and five, took it in their stride. But they once asked who the stranger was they had seen walking down the passage.

He wore khaki shorts, a khaki shirt and leather sandals, they said.

Their sheer innocence gives authority to their sighting.

I certainly did not see our ghost, although “his” presence was tangible at times. A chill would descend on the room.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

You can see why I am reluctant to tell the story of my ghost.

The whole incident, which lasted about three months, is not credible.

The story reads like the rambling of someone with a highly developed imagination or a sense of the ridiculous.

I was so intrigued that I rang the psychology department of the Adelaide University. The gentleman I spoke to was not the slightest bit cynical or suspicious.

“Beyond the known natural,” he said.

Such incidents occur regularly but there is no logical explanation. Perhaps a poltergeist, as if that helps.

So don’t discount the fears of workers in the Supreme Court. They sense something. It is simply beyond the known natural.

Edited by Mr Walker

Since we're comparing case studies from authority ...

~

The Thurston County ritual abuse case was a 1988 case in which Paul Ingram, county Republican Party Chairman of Thurston County, Washington and the ...

~

Beware of being a "true believer." Paul Ingram believed, and it cost him his freedom. The Prosecution Of A False Memory: The Paul Ingram Case. By Daniel ...

~

by KA Olio - ‎1998 - ‎Cited by 32 - ‎Related articles

The case of Paul Ingram, a man who pleaded guilty to sexually abusing his daughters, has received widespread media attention. R. Ofshe (see record ...

~

In depth analysis and documented in Carl Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World, Chapter 9 - Therapy '

~

23 hours ago, Xxpenny said:

I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss the need for some investigation. My friend’s dad has been a cleaner for the courts for quite a while, and says he always hears noises and doors slamming and just says it’s creepy.

The point is, this is construction. 

We don't stop for ghost stories. Doesn't happen. 

There's something really fishy going on here. 

• Like 1

Only one source......?

I might just draw Hansen Yuncken's attention to this (they are a very big and well known firm) and see what their response is.  If I was a shareholder, I know dam well what MY response would be.  Indeed, my first thought is that it was a false story started by one of their competitors...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Only one source......?

I might just draw Hansen Yuncken's attention to this (they are a very big and well known firm) and see what their response is.  If I was a shareholder, I know dam well what MY response would be.  Indeed, my first thought is that it was a false story started by one of their competitors...

I know if I was a shareholder, if the story was true, I wouldn't be anymore. 

• Like 1