Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Dark_Grey

US SC Approves Ban on Trans in Military

210 posts in this topic

and then
2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You mean Bradley Manning, right? Not the former SEAL?

That's kind of important to your post.

Yes, sorry about the confusion.  ANY man or woman who is willing to live that life of excellence and extreme discipline in pursuit of a place among the SEALs or any other SOG unit has my undying appreciation.  I don't pretend to understand the whole transgender issue but I do understand the requirements for that kind of service and anyone who volunteers for it has my respect. Even those who wash out are better than most of us.  Manning is a special kind of whining snowflake, IMO.

• Like 1

DieChecker
34 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Please cite even a single scientific study that shows how trans people are incapable of carrying out their basic duties in the military.

I don't think that is the issue. Even a casual reading of the "Ban" shows it should only affect those with diagnosed active mental health issues, and those who want to join to get free surgery. 

Those who have already had the surgery, or are willing to hold off while in the military, should be able to join and serve from what I've read.

You are pointing out a variable that's not even part of the equation. As much as you want it to be.....

• Like 1

and then

There's a scripture reference that always confused me in the past but has recently been explained. Christ told His disciples on the Mount of Olives that Nation would rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom in the run-up to His return.  Those two groups always seemed redundant to me.  Apparently, the Greek for the word "nation" means "people groups or ethnicities"  This is a perfect description for what is happening today.  Americans, especially, have become a house deeply divided due to our ability to express hatred through anonymous means on social media.  We also have corporate entities that control the dissemination of public opinion and who no longer have any pretense toward honesty or equity.  They are controlled by a small, elite group and express a solid agenda.  Those who doubt or dispute this should explain how media coverage can be so uniform over 95+ percent of their coverage of Trump.  They don't even attempt to justify the one-sided coverage any longer.  Then we have Federal government agencies that use Sturm Truppen tactics - while tipping the media to time and place- to openly intimidate political adversaries.  Stone was stormed by 29 heavily armed and armored agents in a pre-dawn raid, only to be released in minutes on his own signature by a judge.  A phone call to his attorney would have accomplished the same thing.  Half the country seems okay with this.  The other half is taking notes and making plans.  Someone wants America at war with itself.  They'll soon accomplish that mission.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

Timothy

On 25/01/2019 at 11:42 AM, Careful_perspective said:

I really appreciate your point, and I agree. I think some trans people would probably make great Troop members, just like there are probably quite a few fat people who would make good troops, The point is, the Military is not a social program, being fair is not going to improve readiness. The military wants those who have their mental illnesses well managed and be able to serve without medication due to supply lines being targeted and disrupted in many situations. Almost all trans persons use hormone treatments, and their hormone usage being disrupted may cause mental imbalance. 

I’ve been busy, bit of a late reply:

What I posted negates what you posted. I chose my words carefully.

So I’ll say again: As long as they are physically and mentally sound, capable of the job, and not expecting any special treatment, they should be allowed IMO.‘.

What you posted is relevant in some circumstances, but definitely not all.

So, the real question is: If you were serving alongside a straight and a trans person concurrently, but the straight person was less skilled than the trans person: who would you choose?

aztek
10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Links please.

military.com

Medical Conditions That Can Keep You From Joining the Military

Psychosexual Conditions

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction are transsexualism, exhibitionism, transvestitism, voyeurism, and other paraphilias.

Edited by aztek

Setton
10 hours ago, and then said:

Those who doubt or dispute this should explain how media coverage can be so uniform over 95+ percent of their coverage of Trump

Because he's an unlikeable ****? 

• Haha 1

Dark_Grey
On 30/01/2019 at 2:45 AM, and then said:

They are controlled by a small, elite group and express a solid agenda.  Those who doubt or dispute this should explain how media coverage can be so uniform over 95+ percent of their coverage of Trump.  They don't even attempt to justify the one-sided coverage any longer.  Then we have Federal government agencies that use Sturm Truppen tactics - while tipping the media to time and place- to openly intimidate political adversaries.  Stone was stormed by 29 heavily armed and armored agents in a pre-dawn raid, only to be released in minutes on his own signature by a judge.  A phone call to his attorney would have accomplished the same thing.  Half the country seems okay with this.  The other half is taking notes and making plans.  Someone wants America at war with itself.  They'll soon accomplish that mission.

Wait till I put together a thread on Roger Stone. A young CNN analyst was at Stone's house, with a camera man, one hour before the Feds raided Stone's house. How did that intrepid reporter know the raid was going to happen? According to him, he "had a hunch". He got on a plane, scheduled a camera crew and showed up at Stone's house just in time for a surprise raid all based on...a hunch. World's greatest detective right there. No other reporters present during the raid and the FBI agents on site don't seem surprised to see a camera crew there.

Someone clearly tipped off CNN to the upcoming raid because they need to build a narrative that Stone is a horrible guy. Most pundits can't even name the charges against Stone yet they used more resources to storm his house than they did to capture Bin Laden. Think about that. Our reality is so obviously being manipulated.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
25 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Someone clearly tipped off CNN to the upcoming raid because they need to build a narrative that Stone is a horrible guy.

There ya go.  "Stone is a horrible guy" = "Trump is a horrible guy".   21 agents there? REAL horrible!!  All they had to do is ask him and his lawyer to come to headquarters.

uh huh.  It's a Hollywood extravaganza. Propaganda R us.

• Like 1

Lord Harry

Excellent! Now the only thing necessary is to declare trandgenderism a mental disorder and institutionalize those freaks. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Sad 1

aztek
10 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Excellent! Now the only thing necessary is to declare trandgenderism a mental disorder and institutionalize those freaks. 

it has already been declared as such decades ago.  none violent disorder do not require institutionalization

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1