Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteoroid seen slamming into the moon

glorybebe

If we had a human presence there daily, I guess being killed by a random strike like that would be similar to being struck by lightning here.  The odds would be longer though, I guess.

• Like 4

From what I have read, humans would need to live underground there for protection from space debris.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, and then said:

If we had a human presence there daily, I guess being killed by a random strike like that would be similar to being struck by lightning here.  The odds would be longer though, I guess.

People get struck by lightning, because they provide it with a shorter path between the cloud and the ground, than the surroundings. So the lightning is actually attracted to us, under the right circumstances.
If you find yourself in the middle of a thunderstorm, you can avoid getting hit, simply by laying down, or surrounding yourself with buildings or trees.

Meteoroids act more like bullets or grenades. Once they have a path, it takes a lot to change it. But like you said, they are rare.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

On 23.1.2019 at 11:24 PM, acute said:

Alien spacecraft. :yes:

Touchdown failed. Like in Roswell. Fumblers.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, toast said:

Touchdown failed. Like in Roswell. Fumblers.

Consumate amateurs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They do not fail, I suggest they Intergalactic Martyrs, sacrificing themselves so they may continue to haunt our dreams and nightmares as both Ghosts and Aliens

• Like 2
  • Haha 3