Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian woman bitten by snake in toilet

Still Waters

An Australian woman "jumped off her seat" after being bitten by a snake on the toilet, a reptile handler says.

Helen Richards, 59, received the non-venomous strike in the dark at a relative's house in Brisbane on Tuesday.

She received minor puncture wounds from the 1.5m (5ft) carpet python.

Handler Jasmine Zeleny, who retrieved the reptile, said it was common to find snakes seeking water in toilets during hot weather.

Ms Richards told local media she had felt a "sharp tap".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46996559

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This has to be a huge fear among many out there. ugh...

• Like 1

Does it mention the time of day? I find it hard to believe that she didn't see something in the bowl unless it was dark out and had no lights on. There is of course the possibility that she doesn't flush frequently, which is an entirely different discussion.:wacko:

A dry snake tapping a helpless woman in the dark, ain't that just like a reptile

~

• Haha 4

i could never sit down without looking. ever since i saw a video years ago where spiders were under the toilet sit i could no longer just not look despite the biggest spider i could ever find where i live is a nail sided normal spider. even if you are not even trying to look it's right there when you move towards it so how can you miss a snake hiding in there i have no idea, unless the snake was completely down the hole at the time she went in

• Like 1

My immediate thought was this has to have been here in Australia. Lol. Very frightening experience I'm sure, for both the lady and the snake. ^_^

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mystify said:

This has to be a huge fear among many out there. ugh...

Yep. Count me 

• Like 1

Protect your most favorite parts and always look before sitting.

• Like 2