Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Paranormalist

UM-Bot

The term "paranormal" is defined as not being in accordance with the natural or known scientific laws, or beyond the scope of scientific understanding. The suffix "-ologist" denotes an expert in a particular kind of scientific study. Combining these two, I came up with the innovative new title, "paranormalist." When I first wrote this article in 2005 I intended to include the best paranormal investigators from around the world, however what I discovered after a great deal of research through some of the most credible sources (from the Parapsychological Association to Vatican's Congregation for the Causes of Saints Office) is that one name excels and stands out far and above all others in such a remarkable way, it would be very remiss of me not to focus entirely on this investigator. Truly deserving of the title, "paranormalist", Christopher Chacon is one of the world's foremost authorities in the scientific investigation, research and exploration of the paranormal.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=325091

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I'm flabbergasted! With all the discussions around this forum on UFOs, and the paranormal, no one had posted any comments to this great column selected by UM-Bot.

The date here shows it was posted on Jan 25. And here we are on the 10th of Oct, and not a single soul, apart from this post of mine, had anything to say about the work of Christopher Chacon, nor cite the highly scientific scruple used by him in these subjects. 

""Truly deserving of the title, "paranormalist", Christopher Chacon is one of the world's foremost authorities in the scientific investigation, research and exploration of the paranormal.""

It's downright insulting to those running this forum, if anyone asked me.

Great work UM-Bot!

• Like 2

Well, @Pettytalk, I just found this, I probably missed it because I only joined in April.  Thanks for bringing it up.  I have heard of Chris Chacon but it has been a while.

Not much to discuss here. He does what I do and have done in my life at a much smaller scale. I see he puts it at a higher percentage - 20-30% being paranormal - than I do, but then he has seen more than I have by the sound of it. I figure about 10% is, but, ok, I can go with 20 if need be :)

It would be interesting to chat with him about his cases and conclusions.

As for "discussion", UM is not for that on the paranormal. You can try but will soon face the "I don't believe it so you are wrong, stupid or lying and need mental help" camp and there is no point after that.

Most of that conversation goes on privately among those who are intent and wishful to sort out what may be going on or what it could mean if it is as it seems.

So, I think tagging this topic to resurrect it is just an effort to troll, really. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Not much to discuss here. He does what I do and have done in my life at a much smaller scale. I see he puts it at a higher percentage - 20-30% being paranormal - than I do, but then he has seen more than I have by the sound of it. I figure about 10% is, but, ok, I can go with 20 if need be :)

It would be interesting to chat with him about his cases and conclusions.

As for "discussion", UM is not for that on the paranormal. You can try but will soon face the "I don't believe it so you are wrong, stupid or lying and need mental help" camp and there is no point after that.

Most of that conversation goes on privately among those who are intent and wishful to sort out what may be going on or what it could mean if it is as it seems.

So, I think tagging this topic to resurrect it is just an effort to troll, really. 

It's all psychological to me. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Hey i resemble that remark ;)..not really i ask for evidence/proof then after the barrage of cliche excuses, insults, ad hominem attacks etc, I say no, I don't believe your "stories". I respect you do but i dont, repeat ad Nausea.

Applying objective standards to subjective topics turns them into debates, not discussions and insisting on only objective material shuts out a whole lot of ideas and reality, but this is what UM seems to demand on the whole. Kind of like using a hammer for a screwdriver.

UM changed a few years back from discussions into a debate forum and I find that sad. 

But, you know, life goes on. Eventually, I will find a forum that still is in the business of talking ideas over a few beers.

Edited by Not A Rockstar
keyboard went crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Applying objective standards to subjective topics turns them into debates, not discussions and insisting on only objective material shuts out a whole lot of ideas and reality, but this is what UM seems to demand on the whole. Kind of like using a hammer for a screwdriver.

UM changed a few years back from discussions into a debate forum and I find that sad. 

But, you know, life goes on. Eventually, I will find a forum that still is in the business of talking ideas over a few beers.

When you find it will you let me know?

32 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Perhaps believers should treat it as a subjective experience rather than objective fact.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

When you find it will you let me know?

LOL, yeah. 

• Like 1