Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Media Industry lost 1000 jobs this week

Careful_perspective

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah...but it's funny :lol:

eta

Where you been hiding at?...havn't seen you around here in forever lol

I'm not sure myself, I guess I got tired from the same arguments over and over. Im back for more fun for a bit though!

Edit: I'm still proud to be a deplorable though!! 

Edited by Careful_perspective
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yet you're getting a lot more creepy...gonna have to call up that gillette add woman to give you a drive by hot coffee to the face... jk OS :rofl:

I can't help it, all the women I know in real life are feel good leftists.  CP and Michelle make me think there is still hope for the planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw the "Smirk" hired a big time lawyer!... :tsu:

Hope he puts alot more "trusted media" into bankruptcy!

• Like 1

Nice right wing bubble party you folks are having. Can anyone join? Or does your I.Q have to be in double digits? 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Nice right wing bubble party you folks are having. Can anyone join? Or does your I.Q have to be in double digits? 

Yes your IQ has to be double digits, so your single digit IQ is not high enough.  bye.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Seems like some unnecessary hostility there lol

7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm not going to claim to know you but I imagine that if this was Fox news that went out of business, or laying lots of people off, today you would be having a different reaction :lol:

Of COURSE they would.  Hypocrites, all.

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Seems like some unnecessary hostility there lol

It's all he knows.  There's a victory in that, I think.  Let them be miserable.

4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Just saw the "Smirk" hired a big time lawyer!... :tsu:

Hope he puts alot more "trusted media" into bankruptcy!

I'd love to see the vaunted media hysterically reporting that he'd gotten his grape popped by some nut.

13 hours ago, Careful_perspective said:

That boy was, media-lynched for a “smirk.”

From Orwell’s 1984: “to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called.”

That quote has been brandished ad nauseam by right wing media and like a good little follower, you're carrying the torch.

13 hours ago, Careful_perspective said:

I would be happy to see any journalist who used their position to go after the Covington kids be fired. Do I want to see them physically hurt, or starving on the streets, of course not. But there is ludicrous editorial writing that is coming out of companies like Buzzfeed and I am happy to see them die. This is capitalism at its finest, do bad work, fail. 

There's also ludicrous editorial writing coming out of media companies, like Breitbart, who are notorious for extremist views and false claims. Would you be happy to see them die? Didn't think so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Jim said:

It happens in any industry where they cheapen the product and try to defraud their customers.

Poll: More voters trust media to tell the truth than Trump

I know I know Trumpians dont care about polls until one is favorable for them but I just thought I'd add a little perspective

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Poll: More voters trust media to tell the truth than Trump

I know I know Trumpians dont care about polls until one is favorable for them but I just thought I'd add a little perspective

Perspective, maybe.  Confusion, definitely.  I'm not sure how my general statement relates to polls any more than cars or hamburgers and I don't understand what any of this has to do with Trump.  Just because some kids were wearing some souvenir hats when they were accosted doesn't make this about him.

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

Perspective, maybe.  Confusion, definitely.  I'm not sure how my general statement relates to polls any more than cars or hamburgers and I don't understand what any of this has to do with Trump.  Just because some kids were wearing some souvenir hats when they were accosted doesn't make this about him.

No but you made a blanket statement intimating that somehow the news industry was suffering because of "fake news" by saying it was because they were defrauding their customers. I was simply pointing out that the polling suggests otherwise.

I just read that BuzzFeed has to merge with another company or go out of business.   Oh, for JOY!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

That quote has been brandished ad nauseam by right wing media and like a good little follower, you're carrying the torch.

There's also ludicrous editorial writing coming out of media companies, like Breitbart, who are notorious for extremist views and false claims. Would you be happy to see them die? Didn't think so.

Yes, the quote has gone around a lot of conservative circles, doesn't make it any less true. *Shrugs*

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I just read that BuzzFeed has to merge with another company or go out of business.   Oh, for JOY!

Love it!!! :clap:

Make those "reporters" and "journalists" have to go out and get real jobs...No more daydreaming up "news" for a paycheck :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Then why the layoffs?

There are a variety of reasons but they're all about the bottom line. Many of these companies have taken on new investors who have decided why have 6 people do a job when 2 can get it done (ive had that happen to me personally in the past) , some of the layoffs this week were in actual print newspapers and thats self explanatory, and theyre all losing ad revenue to monoliths like facebook and google.

• Like 1