Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump surrenders to Democrats

Unusual Tournament

You just beat me to it lol,i put my comment on the old thread...

Every time a BIG issues pops up and causes troubles in Washington,the Republicans ALWAYS are the ones to cave!

Time for everyone to just say the hell with it and start voting Democrat,Republicans in Washington show time and again they are gutless!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Every time a BIG issues pops up and causes troubles in Washington,the Republicans ALWAYS are the ones to cave!

Time for everyone to just say the hell with it and start voting Democrat,Republicans in Washington show time and again they are gutless!

yeah i sought of rushed this one onto the pages...lol its big news and for all his bluster Trump has caved in. to be honest he never really negotiated with the Democrats instead using the media and his twitter account to put pressure on the democrats. hopeless strategy. I'm sure if he was a little bit more respectful and tactful he could have got a better outcome. denying Pelosi travel was not a good move and frankly immature. if i was a republican id be angry that a divided party couldn't give the president what he wanted the last two years so why would the democrats now.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm tired of them taking the high road and a) not getting credit for it and B) thinking for one second that the Dems are ever going to keep their word and deal fairly with us.  Truly is like Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football. Watch the Dems renege again and no one will call them the liars and cheats that they are. Sick of being polite!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

yeah i sought of rushed this one onto the pages...lol its big news and for all his bluster Trump has caved in. to be honest he never really negotiated with the Democrats instead using the media and his twitter account to put pressure on the democrats. hopeless strategy. I'm sure if he was a little bit more respectful and tactful he could have got a better outcome. denying Pelosi travel was not a good move and frankly immature. if i was a republican id be angry that a divided party couldn't give the president what he wanted the last two years so why would the democrats now.   

This has been the second biggest sign of knee shaking weakness the Republicans have shown too the masses in recent years...this is right up there with their botched Obamacare "fight"...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

It was a hopeless venture to begin with. But he had to show his voters that he'd give it all he got. I've tried similar with my kids. Going into hopeless endeavours just to show them you will fight for them, and then stop, when even they can see it's pointless. Clever.

• Like 3

Just now, skliss said:

I'm tired of them taking the high road and a) not getting credit for it and B) thinking for one second that the Dems are ever going to keep their word and deal fairly with us.  Truly is like Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football. Watch the Dems renege again and no one will call them the liars and cheats that they are. Sick of being polite!

They shoulda learned after Obamacare and the past 2 YEARS!...

They are incapable of learning,you don't win a fight by bowing to your knees!

I'm sick of Republicans,i'm just going to stick with "throwing away" my vote at any and all levels anymore...

Just now, sci-nerd said:

It was a hopeless venture to begin with. But he had to show his voters that he'd give it all he got. I've tried similar with my kids. Going into hopeless endeavours just to show them you will fight for them, and then stop, when even they can see it's pointless. Clever.

Republicans do it every time...

22 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Personally, I would love it if he gets his second term anything to P@## the Liberals off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dems already offered 5 billion for border security so it seems like it will be bolstered substantially, even without the wall. It's not like Republicans or Trump could think of it as a complete loss if the negotiations end up with 5 billion to beef up security. 

Why not just have an army of drones patrol the border? $5,000,000,000 would buy quite a few :D Spend some of the money developing new methods of searching vehicles at the ports of entry. Seems more sensible than a metal fence that can be climbed over, dug under or cut through in a matter of minutes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Personally, I would love it if he gets his second term anything to P@## the Liberals off.

Butt hurt?

• Like 1

It's only good until February 15th. There could be another shutdown in 3 weeks. He hasn't ruled out issuing a state of emergency either.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's only good until February 15th. There could be another shutdown in 3 weeks. He hasn't ruled out issuing a state of emergency either.

He blew it Susie...he shuts it down AGAIN,any and ALL perception and responsibility falls on him!...

State of Emergency...i'd like to see him pull that stunt :lol:

I'm not putting all the blame on him,Reps in other positions have been just as cowardly.

• Like 2

Im very annoyed at the 2 years republicans had house and senate and didn't begin this process then. This is going to be such a fight. 

• Like 2

He blew it Susie...he shuts it down AGAIN,any and ALL perception and responsibility falls on him!...

State of Emergency...i'd like to see him pull that stunt :lol:

I'm not putting all the blame on him,Reps in other positions have been just as cowardly.

I'm just saying what he said. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump surrenders to Democrats, ends government shutdown

About time.  That's too long to go without a paycheck.

• Like 6

This reminds me of the time GHWB said read my lips, no new taxes and then because the democrats wouldn't budge on a deal he did what he had to do for the people relying on a federal paycheck

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm just saying what he said. 

Not trying to be an ass toward ya Susie ;)

I'm just sick of lieing and cowardice in the name of securring a cushy job...

• Like 5

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Not trying to be an ass toward ya Susie ;)

I'm just sick of lieing and cowardice in the name of securring a cushy job...

They all do that  :lol:  We'll have to wait and see where negotiations takes this.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

This reminds me of the time GHWB said read my lips, no new taxes and then because the democrats couldn't budge he did what he had to do for the people relying on a federal paycheck

Meanwhile while playing nice is going on in the Republican party,the Democrat base keeps growing and showing their followers THEY WILL GET THEIR WAY!

"But CK,the American people will see the Dems for who they really are"... ^_^

Yep the American people can see through BS alright...A large portion saw a whole video and have been told numerous times how the events unfolded,yet a "Smirk" and a hat to a large growing portion means it's totally different than reality...

Yep,keep playing nice...

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

They all do that  :lol:  We'll have to wait and see where negotiations takes this.

I'll bet ya $100 right now,Dems "win" the negotiations...hell i'll take odds against any and all here :lol:

• Like 3

I'll bet ya $100 right now,Dems "win" the negotiations...hell i'll take odds against any and all here :lol:

You could be right. There could also be retaliations. I see few innocent babes in DC. What a mess!

• Like 4

It just occurred to me, The canceled State of the Union address will now happen, and then a week later, short a wall funding deal, the government will close again.  Sounds like everything's coming up Milhouse.

everythings-coming-up-milhouse-millhouse

1 hour ago, Careful_perspective said:

Im very annoyed at the 2 years republicans had house and senate and didn't begin this process then. This is going to be such a fight. 

Read my lips...

TRUMP IS A LOSER!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1