Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump surrenders to Democrats

Unusual Tournament

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Read my lips...

TRUMP IS A LOSER!!!!!!!!!

Calm down friend! I think he can still turn it around! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Careful_perspective said:

I don't care...I staked MY support on him NOT having a George Bush ReadMyLips moment...

I know I would have stood my ground on the line I drew in the sand!

I also know @Piney is not a staunch Trump supporter...but by god... I also know Heaven and Hell would've gone to Hell before Piney would have crossed that line!

Piney for President!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

It was a hopeless venture to begin with. But he had to show his voters that he'd give it all he got. I've tried similar with my kids. Going into hopeless endeavours just to show them you will fight for them, and then stop, when even they can see it's pointless. Clever.

This wasn't that!  Not clever!!!

S.  T.  U.  P.  I.  D.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, joc said:

Read my lips...

16 minutes ago, Careful_perspective said:

Don't you get it?  The federal workers get paid, trump gets to make the SOTU address on schedule, if they don't reach a deal then the government shuts back down.  This is a political triple and trump has a man on third. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The way I read it, he has reopened the government so he can negotiate with the dems, if they won't give him the money then he may take other action.

They won't give him the money for a barrier, no way.  If he declares an emergency at the border, they've already got the judge chosen and the legal injunction written.  It would be challenged in minutes.  It would have to go all the way to SCOTUS and be shot down, IF it can be.  I wish he'd deploy a couple of Divisions on the Border and shut down the Cartels for awhile.  If he did, he could negotiate with THEM to get an honorable deal for keeping the trash out.  I can see now that it's time to stop playing the pointless voting game and start planning and training in earnest for what comes next.  I'll be DAMNED if those scummy b******* will ever put a boot on my neck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, joc said:

Read my lips...

He just gave away 2020.  He might as well not even run.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Don't you get it?  The federal workers get paid, trump gets to make the SOTU address on schedule, if they don't reach a deal then the government shuts back down.  This is a political triple and trump has a man on third. 

Fox News...is that you?... :huh: :lol:

This can't be spun into anything great bud,i'm sorry but the dude and his party just had their bluff called...

Their poker face has been lost now,they just got pantsed in front of the nation...

Mark my words Trump threw a massive tantrum at his cabinet after this!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, susieice said:

They all do that  :lol:  We'll have to wait and see where negotiations takes this.

...its not gonna end politically well for president Trump thats where this is going. there will be no wall, just better boarder security. Pelosi looks like she's in charge not Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At the moment this looks like a loss for The Donald. 

But ... the only real flack he copped for the shutdown was folks not getting paid. I reckon he’s going to get them paid, make sure they get paid “if” the government shuts down again and then shut down the government again.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, joc said:

Piney for President!!!!

"First we kill all the lawyers"- William Shakespeare

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

But ... the only real flack he copped for the shutdown was folks not getting paid. I reckon he’s going to get them paid, make sure they get paid “if” the government shuts down again and then shut down the government again.

Agreed. Who knows where this will go.

lol, will talk in 3 weeks, 

i wonder can trump issue an eo, that makes sure 800k workers are paid  during next gvmnt shutdown , but members of the house and congress will not get paid, instead. including the president,  after all it is their fault they can't do their jobs, not 800k workers who actually do their jobs. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

"Perception"...

Dude just got shoved to the ground,and Nancy kicked sand in his face!

He's already REALLY toned down that BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL talk...he'll walk away with a 100 yd roll of garden fence at this rate. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, will talk in 3 weeks, 

i wonder can trump issue an eo, that makes sure 800k workers are paid  during next gvmnt shutdown , but members of the house and congress will not get paid, instead. including the president,  after all it is their fault they can't do their jobs, not 800k workers who actually do their jobs. 

sorry maybe i don't know a lot about the political system in your country but if Trump issues an EO to pay the federal workers then why would he shut government down?what advantage would he get...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is just one set-back, I am still thinking positive. This video really captured it for me, it's only 6 minutes, worth the watch.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, joc said:

I also know @Piney is not a staunch Trump supporter..

Just for the record. I hate Bernie and Hillary more.

..........and I don't even want to look at Warren, or hear her speak.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Pelosi isnt going to give Trump his State of Union address until funding is assured  for 2019. It's a dangling carrot that Trump can't resist.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pelosi-state-union-not-planned-yet?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

This can't be spun into anything great bud,i'm sorry but the dude and his party just had their bluff called...

I disagree.  Now he gets to get on TV in front of the entire world and spin his narrative and point fingers while telling what will lead to another shut down in a week.  It's a huge political win.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I disagree.  Now he gets to get on TV in front of the entire world and spin his narrative and point fingers while telling what will lead to another shut down in a week.  It's a huge political win.

And then you woke up... :lol:

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

This reminds me of the time GHWB said read my lips, no new taxes and then because the democrats wouldn't budge on a deal he did what he had to do for the people relying on a federal paycheck

Trump has broken a lot of promises when it comes to his wall. he did try thou.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

sorry maybe i don't know a lot about the political system in your country but if Trump issues an EO to pay the federal workers then why would he shut government down?what advantage would he get...

like i said will talk in 3 weeks

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Careful_perspective said:

This is just one set-back, I am still thinking positive. This video really captured it for me, it's only 6 minutes, worth the watch.

A MASSIVE wave of first time voters which of about 70% will be voting Democrat this next cycle...The Republicans can't afford to lose 3rd party voters AT ALL!

With Republicans getting these kinda "victories :wacko:"...good luck to them holding onto any who voted Republican last time instead of a 3rd party.

31 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

He says he doesn't want to go to that extreme but he hasn't ruled it out.

1 hour ago, Careful_perspective said:

i wonder if he really can. it looks like Pelosi will grant president Trump the state of the Union speech after all. it will be scrutinised for any clues to his thinking. but I'm guessing Trump will tone his wall rhetoric down and seek a boarder security compromised instead. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Pelosi isnt going to give Trump his State of Union address until funding is assured  for 2019. It's a dangling carrot that Trump can't resist.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pelosi-state-union-not-planned-yet?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

He doesn't need her to give it. He just won't do it in the House if it comes to that.

• Like 1