Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump surrenders to Democrats

Unusual Tournament

Just now, susieice said:

He says he doesn't want to go to that extreme but he hasn't ruled it out.

i don't know what extremes he can go to to get his wall. i think this is classic Trump bluster. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i don't know what extremes he can go to to get his wall. i think this is classic Trump bluster. 

We'll see in 3 weeks.

Just now, susieice said:

We'll see in 3 weeks.

And then we'll see in 8 weeks,and then we'll see in 18 weeks...

Classic Washington bluster...his own Republican Congress and Senate wouldn't give it too him,they ALL caved this week!...

He ain't getting any BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL!

In 3 weeks i'll bring this thread back up,if he doesn't get his wall...i want everyone to start guessing how many more "Week" lines in the sand we'll come up with :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

And then we'll see in 8 weeks,and then we'll see in 18 weeks...

Classic Washington bluster...his own Republican Congress and Senate wouldn't give it too him,they ALL caved this week!...

He ain't getting any BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL!

In 3 weeks i'll bring this thread back up,if he doesn't get his wall...i want everyone to start guessing how many more "Week" lines in the sand we'll come up with :lol:

This could easily go on for 8...18 weeks. I wouldn't call it caving yet. 

1 minute ago, susieice said:

why? the reason for the longest gov shutdown was funding for his wall. he's cut a deal and there is no funding for his wall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Captain Risky said:

why? the reason for the longest gov shutdown was funding for his wall. he's cut a deal and there is no funding for his wall. 

Anybody can say anything. Seems to be how things work. We'll see what happens. Then we'll know.

Just now, susieice said:

but if he keeps opening it every couple of weeks,he's not really making any kind of stand either...Nancy and Chuck still get paid lol

Those 800,000 employees getting paid of which half are most probably Democrats aren't going to help his numbers in '20 either...they see this as HIS tantrum causing them to miss their checks...

Shoulda never started this...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

but if he keeps opening it every couple of weeks,he's not really making any kind of stand either...Nancy and Chuck still get paid lol

Those 800,000 employees getting paid of which half are most probably Democrats aren't going to help his numbers in '20 either...they see this as HIS tantrum causing them to miss their checks...

Shoulda never started this...

I don't think it's going to end soon. Nancy and Chuck have sort of presented a challenge that's not going to go away. He's agreed to talk so now the ball is in their court. Somethings up. I agree they shouldn't be paid if the Federal workers aren't. They shouldn't be doing a lot of things they did. It's just a fact that Trump hasn't accepted any pay since he went into office. 

The employees will be paid their back pay quickly. They will get one more before 3 weeks is up. We'll have to see what happens then. I'm not sure yet if tantrum is really the word to use here. 

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

I don't think it's going to end soon. Nancy and Chuck have sort of presented a challenge that's not going to go away. He's agreed to talk so now the ball is in their court. Somethings up. I agree they shouldn't be paid if the Federal workers aren't. They shouldn't be doing a lot of things they did. It's just a fact that Trump hasn't accepted any pay since he went into office. 

The employees will be paid their back pay quickly. They will get one more before 3 weeks is up. We'll have to see what happens then. I'm not sure yet if tantrum is really the word to use here. 

I hear ya Susie,this was just a SERIOUS kick to the nuts for this administration...no other way to put it...

I'm outta this for now cause i'm not here to argue,discuss,ect.

This was what it was...and the perception through the eyes of this 95% of the time 3rd party voter who voted Trump just not to get Hillary...This was bigger than just a kick in the nuts,Pelosi castrated him...

• Like 2

All I know is that I work with a majority of Trump supporters (that's what I get for moving to rural Northeastern Pennsylvania).  After our first missed paycheck, I can tell you that they placed the blame on Trump.  

As far as a national emergency.  Let him do it.  Let him explain to a judge that he waited 2 months to declare a NATIONAL EMERGENCY while pondering it weekly on Twitter to see if he got his way first.  That should go over well in court.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

That should go over well in court.

Yeah, because Judges are concerned about Emergencies, as to if they happened earlier, and not if they are happening right now. Duh... Gosh!

Perhaps if Trump gets an "Obama" judge that might be important. But, then, anything he says won't be good enough in that event anyway.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I don't think it's going to end soon. Nancy and Chuck have sort of presented a challenge that's not going to go away. He's agreed to talk so now the ball is in their court.

I'd agree. Now it is up to Nancy to bargain in good faith. If she doesn't, the Republicans (and those independents who are probably now happy Trump gave in), are going to be very p***ed off. 

From what I've seen Nancy has been more of a baby on the issue then Trump has. 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

A three week deal. With the expectation of "speaking about the wall funding", which most Democrats have been saying they will do once the shutdown is over. Well... Now it is over. Is, "No", still going to count as "speaking" about the wall funding? That is historically what Democrats have done. Said one they will deal and then said No later.

I've never seen people Crow so much about someone making a good decision.

They asked him to open government, and so he does, and they deride him for it. Democrats are just precious. Very much like those kids in Junior high who beat your baseball team, and all pull down their pants and taunt you for loosing. Very grown up. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

A three week deal. With the expectation of "speaking about the wall funding", which most Democrats have been saying they will do once the shutdown is over. Well... Now it is over. Is, "No", still going to count as "speaking" about the wall funding? That is historically what Democrats have done. Said one they will deal and then said No later.

no idea what you're trying to say. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'd agree. Now it is up to Nancy to bargain in good faith. If she doesn't, the Republicans (and those independents who are probably now happy Trump gave in), are going to be very p***ed off. 

From what I've seen Nancy has been more of a baby on the issue then Trump has. 

Nancy Pelosi has never claimed ownership of the shutdown. she has listened to Trump and flatly refused to cooperate with any Trump request for funding. the republicans are Trumps real enemy since they never took the matter up and fought the democrats when they had the numbers the last 2 years. Trump started something and now you expect the Dem's and Nancy to bow to his wishes when his own people want nothing to do with him? is that your definition of being a baby?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Incoming tweet from hair twittler.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1088958154791100417

The comments are comedy gold. Ryan Hill is dead on accurate and schools his every tweet.

lol. its gold alright. imagine that, Trump caring about those getting badly hurt by the shutdown. like its already been said, i don't think anyone has been as badly hurt by this shutdown than Trump himself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

lol. its gold alright. imagine that, Trump caring about those getting badly hurt by the shutdown. like its already been said, i don't think anyone has been as badly hurt by this shutdown than Trump himself. 

He folded because of the optics, not because he actually cared for his subjects. With the looming airport shutdowns, his staff finally got through to him, sorta.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I've never seen people Crow so much about someone making a good decision.

They asked him to open government, and so he does, and they deride him for it. Democrats are just precious. Very much like those kids in Junior high who beat your baseball team, and all pull down their pants and taunt you for loosing. Very grown up. 

Yeah, let's give the arsonist credit for putting out the fire he started :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

He folded because of the optics, not because he actually cared for his subjects. With the looming airport shutdowns, his staff finally got through to him, sorta.

I suspect that if he tries to shut down the government again then the air traffic controllers will just strike, forcing him to immediately end it again. He's lost any power he had.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Don't you get it?  The federal workers get paid, trump gets to make the SOTU address on schedule, if they don't reach a deal then the government shuts back down.  This is a political triple and trump has a man on third. 

I heard Bill Oreilley have this take and if the wall issue was a popular one you would be correct. As is the majority will simply place the blame for the next shutdown on Trump like they did for this one.

IMO we need to consider the possibility that the real winner here are America's enemies. The chaos president has, after a month of holding the nation hostage, created the environment where every single federal employee affected by the shutdown still has NO financial security for at least another three weeks. Not to mention the almost 40 million households receiving foodstamps. 

So with this "caving" Trump has simply created more chaos and made Americans less safe not just in the short term but he is creating conditions that could take a generation to overcome when it comes to attracting qualified and quality personnel for important position such as ATC, USCG and probably most ironically USCBP.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

You hit the political nail right on the head. The only winner is Putin, the Saudis, and probably Netanyahu. Oops, forgot lil Kimmy from Best Korea. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

Like I said, lots of people claiming gold when they are still sifting sand. Castrated? Safety? 

This is probably going to be like all the other End-of-Trump stories. Where there is much complaining and blame throwing and then joyous rapture, followed by nothing bad happening. A footnote forgotten by March.

Enjoy your win Pelosi supporters, while you can. Pelosi talks big, but she has 2 years of NONE of her legislation getting past the Senate or President, unless they deal or fold. She should be looking for allies, not burning bridges. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2