Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump surrenders to Democrats

Unusual Tournament

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL bro, you arent going to gaslight me just stop :lol:.

Stop pretending that you want to actually discuss the issues, you dont. Folks that actually want to talk about issues dont support people who lie about them and they certainly dont help spread those lies themselves.

If you honestly dont know, gaslighting is the technique youre using here. Its a somewhat classic move but rather transparent and empty at this point.

gas·light

Dictionary result for gaslight

/ˈɡaslīt/
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
  1. manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

So... some one asking you to have an actual discussion is now Gaslighting? What a handy little tool of escape. Some one has a difference of opinion, just accuse them of gaslighting and move on... got it.

Now, lets talk about gaslighting then... which is what you have done this entire conversation. You have accused not only the the administration of lying repeatedly, but said that anyone that supports the administration for any reason is a liar as well... literally trying to make anyone that supports a narrative other than your own question their own motives. So, you do it repeatedly and when some one isn't stopped by your tactic you accuse them of doing what you are actually doing... how quaint.

Don't worry, Just don't reply to my post anymore, its that easy. Like I said, if you want to have an actual discussion, please feel free to hit me up any time. Otherwise... just leave me be. I wont be buying in to your bait tactics.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Link seems like it wants to say....

"People are DYING...!!"

"oh, and walls work..."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

True enough. But, unless it gets fixed... It's hypocrisy to wail about one person doing it and greedily accept the works of another.

I'll admit to being a hypocrite... will you? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dredimus said:

Don't worry, Just don't reply to my post anymore, its that easy. Like I said, if you want to have an actual discussion, please feel free to hit me up any time. Otherwise... just leave me be. I wont be buying in to your bait tactics.

Nahhh its not that easy. When I see you or any other Clintonite er I mean Trumpian post bull im gonna post the facts :tu:

• Like 3

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Nahhh its not that easy. When I see you or any other Clintonite er I mean Trumpian post bull im gonna post the facts :tu:

Then post some facts, something you have yet to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

True enough. But, unless it gets fixed... It's hypocrisy to wail about one person doing it and greedily accept the works of another.

I'll admit to being a hypocrite... will you? 

I absolutely will.....just not in this case but thats because I wasnt an Obama supporter.....though in hindsight it seems to be a case of not knowing how good something is until its gone :lol:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Walls work not as good Part#3:

If a Wall is built in the desert and on one ever sees it, is it still a Wall?

If it stops what it was meant to stop. It's all good.

The exception being if the wall is a "tiger talisman", which is a talisman you wear to keep the tigers away, and the proof is that every day you aren't attacked by tigers.

The problem with that regarding a Wall in the desert, is we know for fact that people are traveling the mountains and deserts. The Border patrol finds their bodies pretty regularly. As well as their trash, footprints, body wastes....

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The topic at hand, the most important topic facing America, is the erosion of truth and the creation of alternate realities.  

This reminds me of the New Green Deal. And Medicare for All....

Topics that are chiefly political in nature and based on fringe ideas that have no real basis in modern US reality. 

The erosion of Truth wasn't an issue for the Presidency of Bill Clinton or Barack Obama... Yet now it is?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I absolutely will.....just not in this case but thats because I wasnt an Obama supporter.....though in hindsight it seems to be a case of not knowing how good something is until its gone :lol:

Respect coming your way. :tu:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The erosion of Truth wasn't an issue for the Presidency of Bill Clinton or Barack Obama... Yet now it is?

No it wholly was. Thats why I said earlier that its debatable how much Trump is the source vs simply being the one to have reached an unbefore seen level of mastery at it.

Its also part of why Trump supporters make me lose my mind. Its like DUDE i was here with you when you screamed for months and years about Clinton lying WTF!?!?!?! LOL 

Edit to add that I was screaming with them and maybe I feel a little betrayed

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

No it wholly was. Thats why I said earlier that its debatable how much Trump is the source vs simply being the one to have reached an unbefore seen level of mastery at it.

Its also part of why Trump supporters make me lose my mind. Its like DUDE i was here with you when you screamed for months and years about Clinton lying WTF!?!?!?! LOL 

Ha! Well, hopefully the NEXT guy won't be a Liar... Sure.. Like that's going to happen.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

Ha! Well, hopefully the NEXT guy won't be a Liar... Sure.. Like that's going to happen.

It won't if we keep giving liars passes.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It won't if we keep giving liars passes.

True. But, I've never met/read about/heard of a politician who wasn't a liar to some degree. 

We'd need to completely tear down who is in office (everyone just about) and implement some kind of totalitarian purge, complete with several ways of detecting liars, and then removing them from politics somehow.

Like I said... Sure, like that's going to happen...

I don't think the existing government would allow Anti-Liar reform if it had any real chops to it. Criminals won't vote to criminalize themselves.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

True. But, I've never met/read about/heard of a politician who wasn't a liar to some degree. 

We'd need to completely tear down who is in office (everyone just about) and implement some kind of totalitarian purge, complete with several ways of detecting liars, and then removing them from politics somehow.

Like I said... Sure, like that's going to happen...

I don't think the existing government would allow Anti-Liar reform if it had any real chops to it. Criminals won't vote to criminalize themselves.

In this current climate, I think we reward them.

Look at what is going on in Virginia.  Normally, those guys would resign (particularly the governor).  But with the public passiveness with what has occurred in the past, I honestly think that they won't.  Why?  Because it's for a single term and they don't care.  You can't touch them.

It's gotten to the point where even if caught in a lie or scandal, they shrug their shoulders and just ignore it.  Executive privilege, immunity to criminal indictments, and the ability to create laws to legalize their own unethical behavior.  Not to mention pardon powers. 

That being said, I think we need something along the lines of a permanent special counsel who's sole mandate is to combat corruption and unethical behaviour.  Something along the lines of the White House ethics office, but with real teeth and greater jurisdiction.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LOL bro, you arent going to gaslight me just stop :lol:.

Stop pretending that you want to actually discuss the issues, you dont. Folks that actually want to talk about issues dont support people who lie about them and they certainly dont help spread those lies themselves.

If you honestly dont know, gaslighting is the technique youre using here. Its a somewhat classic move but rather transparent and empty at this point.

You are being gaslighted? Exposure to words on a forum that you don't agree with is gaslighting? Oh my. I can't even wrap my head around this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Jesus dude, I can think of half a dozen things wrong with America that are more important than “the media lies” and “people think they have a right to their own version of reality”.

And I'm almost certain that those dozen things you think of are in large part due to people ignoring facts in favor of their own version of reality.

• Like 1

Well put. Practically every thing they defend Trump on is what they previously attacked Hillary/Obama/InsertDemocratHere on as well. Its not just the brazen lies that bug me, it's the brazen hypocrisy.

• Thanks 3

On 2/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, Captain Risky said:

More power to Trump if he can find a loophole for his wall. 

Yeah but it's not just his wall, why do people say that? It's needed for our National Security. Obviously it's  a problem for our Nation to maintain such an open border along with a set of  ridiculous asylum laws. Who's manufactured that loophole & why? 

• Like 1

I just follow Stephen Colbert for updates. One about ''art of deal making'' was so relaxing :D

It was like he got 1.6 billion offer which he rejected&shut down government. Then he got lower offer and said yes :D 

[edit] or maybe Stephen is just silly entertainer so he spins everything, i would not know.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot

3 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

I just follow Stephen Colbert for updates. One about ''art of deal making'' was so relaxing :D

It was like he got 1.6 billion offer which he rejected&shut down government. Then he got lower offer and said yes :D 

[edit] or maybe Stephen is just silly entertainer so he spins everything, i would not know.

Colbert is an idiot, but he may have touched on something.  Through all of this shutdown and negotiations, Trump has been gaging the Progs and public opinion, etc.  I wonder what the likelihood is that he’ll sign the deal and then declare a national emergency to allocate the rest of the monies for the wall that he wanted.  How can a judge then put a hold on that after the Progs just OK’d the wall?  That would mess with the Progs so much, they won’t know which way to go.  That is very weak grounds for an injunction.  Trump could then fast track to the Supreme Court if it gets that far, the SC will find for the President on Constitutional grounds.  But Trump could build the wall without declaring a national emergency by just using 10 USC 284.  I think people are too wrapped up with this $5billion figure.  The wall will get built and I think Trump has been playing with the Progs.  It will make them inept, more so than they are anyway.

57 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Colbert is an idiot, but he may have touched on something.  Through all of this shutdown and negotiations, Trump has been gaging the Progs and public opinion, etc.  I wonder what the likelihood is that he’ll sign the deal and then declare a national emergency to allocate the rest of the monies for the wall that he wanted.  How can a judge then put a hold on that after the Progs just OK’d the wall?  That would mess with the Progs so much, they won’t know which way to go.  That is very weak grounds for an injunction.  Trump could then fast track to the Supreme Court if it gets that far, the SC will find for the President on Constitutional grounds.  But Trump could build the wall without declaring a national emergency by just using 10 USC 284.  I think people are too wrapped up with this $5billion figure.  The wall will get built and I think Trump has been playing with the Progs.  It will make them inept, more so than they are anyway.

Well Trump is the one who's been stumbling and bumbling through all this...

Gonna make Mexico pay for it,$25 Billion for the big beautiful wall,ok $5 billion for the wall or i'll shut it back down,1.3 billion and i might declare a state of emergency...

He's not showing the "Great Deal Maker" he was thought to be...

He's backed up every time!

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well Trump is the one who's been stumbling and bumbling through all this...

Gonna make Mexico pay for it,$25 Billion for the big beautiful wall,ok $5 billion for the wall or i'll shut it back down,1.3 billion and i might declare a state of emergency...

He's not showing the "Great Deal Maker" he was thought to be...

He's backed up every time!

The never Trumpers are to  blame. 

Saying  Mexico will pay for it had something to do with NAFTA . 

I wouldn't  underestimate him , the wall is being built regardless even as we speak.

I see it differently, I see it as  he's trying to get the country to run the way it's suppose to, the government is suppose to work together.Have you noticed what he has to work with? He's trying to do the right thing.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

The never Trumpers are to  blame. 

Saying  Mexico will pay for it had something to do with NAFTA . 

I wouldn't  underestimate him , the wall is being built regardless even as we speak.

I see it differently, I see it as  he's trying to get the country to run the way it's suppose to, the government is suppose to work together.Have you noticed what he has to work with? He's trying to do the right thing.

To be honest,i've never been for the "Big,beautiful,concrete wall" that was first proposed...to many holes in that idea,and the effects on wildlife could be catastrophic!

Common sense walling in certain areas,sub stations at certain points,drone coverage,ect discussed by others here have been FAR superior ideas and would be a lot harder for politicians to shutdown/ignore...

No doubt...but it can't be all laid at the feet of the left...

I remember before the midterm elections here and everywhere else hearing how everyone needed to get out and vote!...Most important midterms EVER,gotta keep the majority!

Majority of what...Cowards?!

The Republicans in the House and Senate are a bunch of Cowards,i find it hard to believe many got re-elected...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

To be honest,i've never been for the "Big,beautiful,concrete wall" that was first proposed...to many holes in that idea,and the effects on wildlife could be catastrophic!

Common sense walling in certain areas,sub stations at certain points,drone coverage,ect discussed by others here have been FAR superior ideas and would be a lot harder for politicians to shutdown/ignore...

No doubt...but it can't be all laid at the feet of the left...

I remember before the midterm elections here and everywhere else hearing how everyone needed to get out and vote!...Most important midterms EVER,gotta keep the majority!

Majority of what...Cowards?!

The Republicans in the House and Senate are a bunch of Cowards,i find it hard to believe many got re-elected...