Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump surrenders to Democrats

Unusual Tournament

Was just reading that Trump isn't thrilled with the amount the new bill has in it. But then I read that many, maybe most, of the media liberal elite are crazed that ANY wall funding was given. Liberals are about to start eating there own over this.

Amazing that Pelosi must have approved of "immoral", "ineffective" wall funding. What happened to not a dollar?

16 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Just a quick couple of paragraphs of what went down,or the message you're trying to convey here Ella...

I'm at work,don't have time to watch a video atm...

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Was just reading that Trump isn't thrilled with the amount the new bill has in it. But then I read that many, maybe most, of the media liberal elite are crazed that ANY wall funding was given. Liberals are about to start eating there own over this.

Amazing that Pelosi must have approved of "immoral", "ineffective" wall funding. What happened to not a dollar?

I havn't seen much "liberal media outrage" to be honest DC...

I have seen that Trumps original request of $25 billion knocked down to 1/5th of $5 billion,and now Republican "leaders" urging him to take 1/5th of that...

So basically 1/25th of the original bankroll...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I havn't seen much "liberal media outrage" to be honest DC...

I have seen that Trumps original request of $25 billion knocked down to 1/5th of $5 billion,and now Republican "leaders" urging him to take 1/5th of that...

So basically 1/25th of the original bankroll...

I read a couple article that were op-eds about how giving anything for the wall was wrong, and that the 55 miles of fencing would be in Texas were it was going to hurt Hispanic families with relatives on both sides of the border.

Maybe I was overstating, but Google News thought they should be at the top of my feed. 

17 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Colbert is an idiot, but he may have touched on something.  Through all of this shutdown and negotiations, Trump has been gaging the Progs and public opinion, etc.  I wonder what the likelihood is that he’ll sign the deal and then declare a national emergency to allocate the rest of the monies for the wall that he wanted.  How can a judge then put a hold on that after the Progs just OK’d the wall?  That would mess with the Progs so much, they won’t know which way to go.  That is very weak grounds for an injunction.  Trump could then fast track to the Supreme Court if it gets that far, the SC will find for the President on Constitutional grounds.  But Trump could build the wall without declaring a national emergency by just using 10 USC 284.  I think people are too wrapped up with this $5billion figure.  The wall will get built and I think Trump has been playing with the Progs.  It will make them inept, more so than they are anyway.

It seems that Stephen's 'humor' usually has facts to back his stories up i follow him for quite some time (mostly because the way he reads Trump's tweets, priceless :D) but i would not know much really as i am not interested in internal politics of any country. Thanks for your opinion about it.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 1:27 AM, Black Red Devil said:

Israel is surrounded by Hamas and Hezbolah who they could wipe out anytime of the day,

This isn't really accurate.  Sure, the IDF could but it would require massive numbers of civilian casualties in Gaza and southern Lebanon not to mention the 100,000 + missiles the Hizballah now possess.  When it comes it will be a bloody damned MESS.  The civilians in southern Lebanon are quite fond of the Iranian cash and benefits they receive but they will someday pay a butcher's bill that will be staggering.  Because the Hizballah organization is political as well as military, Iran uses it to buy allegiance by giving aid and funding building projects for the poor in Lebanon.  The problem with this largesse is that they tend to require random houses to store munitions and launchers.  The IDF spokesmen have made it very clear to anyone who's listening that they will not allow the presence of civilians to stop them from ENDING the Hizballah in the next fight.  My guess is that southern Lebanon is going to resemble a moonscape when it's over.  The Hizzies are going to be a victim of their own success.  They've become a disciplined, well-armed fighting force with much more accurate surface to surface ballistic missiles.  

On 07/02/2019 at 10:20 PM, DieChecker said:

Wait. I thought that was the whole point of Executive Orders?? Didn't Obama CREATE DACA without a way to pay for it... with a stroke of a pen? And against what the Congress at the time wanted?

Like has been happening with DACA. 

Uh... Didn't Dredimus just refute the Sheriff's facts with Federal data? Are you ending discussion because you want your "facts" to be true, and the Federal facts to not be true?

So... You're going to support sinking a "good idea" because you hate the man?

Regarding the 25 Billion...

So that then brings up the point of Why didn't the Democrats continue to offer that same thing? Why keep degrading the offer, if not mostly out of spite? Is "spite" a genuine way to run the government? I guess now it is.... On both sides apparently. Except the President will still get his agenda done, and Madam Pelosi will have zero chance of getting anything she wants through the Senate or President. 

People are applauding Pelosi, yet they don't realize that she's effectively RUINED any chance she had of any bipartisan efforts in the next two years.

Sometimes a stupid cow needs to know when she has to offer up some milk. Or the farmer might just starve her to death.

I'm not sure that such a reason is something the courts even have to consider. I think all they have to consider is if it is legal, not if it is quasi-moral, or quasi-ethical. 

Dredimus spoke of felony arrests but that word isn't in the NY post article. 

Also the stats should be on the CBP site shouldn't they?

Kids and Family apprehension in FY2018 were up about 40 per cent in the previous year.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/usbp-sw-border-apprehensions

• Like 1

I haven't really been keeping up with the negotiations.   Does anyone know what else besides the $$ were included or negotiated out of this. 

16 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Just a quick couple of paragraphs of what went down,or the message you're trying to convey here Ella...

I'm at work,don't have time to watch a video atm...

Yeah, I just don't understand why the woman in the red blazer/jacket said that they got everything in this deal they wanted when our President is not happy about this deal but will maybe just take it and continue on with the construction that is ongoing at the border, not moving as fast as the President would like but at least he's doing it.

So if you can look at this one,this one is most important in regards to what the President  and others need  in this deal.

eta

So if you can not listen to the first 5 minutes  I would start at point 5 min 15 sec in.

Edited by Ellapennella

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I haven't really been keeping up with the negotiations.   Does anyone know what else besides the $$ were included or negotiated out of this. 

I think it was basically the same deal as mid December... No DACA, or other stuff, just money. The Ds were trying to put wording in that would limit the number of beds that ICE could sustain, but the Ds dropped it when it was a sticking point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/12/us/politics/border-wall-deal.html

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Are you paying attention to what President Trump is doing?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

eta

If you ever need to know what is going on just read his twitter , he will always share what's going on. 

Edited by Ellapennella

47 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

eta

If you ever need to know what is going on just read his twitter , he will always share what's going on. 

Yes we do. Lying and scaming that is what he does.

Seems like he will soon share much more...off Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

It seems that Stephen's 'humor' usually has facts to back his stories up i follow him for quite some time (mostly because the way he reads Trump's tweets, priceless :D) but i would not know much really as i am not interested in internal politics of any country. Thanks for your opinion about it.

Colbert, Kimmel and Stewart - best in the world.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

Colbert, Kimmel and Stewart - best in the world.

I like his kind of humor very much, it's refreshing for me especially his caravan dance :D

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

eta

i do.. I even comment now and then on his tweets..

a thing I do point out when the trumpers get rabid and forth at the mouth with the adoration and how every one supports him..

he has 58 million followers.. 

when he first started to run and got in.. his tweets were getting likes in the 300k or more.. and retweeted 100k plus

now he is lucky if he gets 50k likes and a couple thousand retweets.. 

Now he has lost favor with Rupert.. since he gets a bit of negative news from his favorite Fox news..  (told you that would happen) it wont be long till he starts calling fox fake news.. especially if Rupert taps someone else as his favorite.. 

• Like 3

Interestingly, Trump's approval ratings are shooting up over the last week or so.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246662/trump-approval-economic-confidence-rebound.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

Some polls are even showing an approval over 50%.

Maybe folding when he did wasn't such a bad idea?

Edited by DieChecker

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Maybe folding when he did wasn't such a bad idea?

Well we will know once a Democrat president decides to declare an Emergency for their own lil project...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well we will know once a Democrat president decides to declare an Emergency for their own lil project...

This will go back and forth forever and ever.

National Emergencies declared by President.

Carter-2

Reagan-6

H.W. Bush-5

Clinton-17

Bush II-13

Obama-12

Trump-3

The vast majority of these National Emergencies are still active and actively renewed.

Trump needs to get with the program as he seems to be lagging behind. :D

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2019 at 1:15 PM, DieChecker said:

Everybody pounds their chest and makes ultimatums, they want to look dominant going into negotiations (Art of the  Deal).  Then they compromise and make a deal and move on to other issues.  I am rather glad it is not all or nothing no matter who is in power.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Everybody pounds their chest and makes ultimatums, they want to look dominant going into negotiations (Art of the  Deal).  Then they compromise and make a deal and move on to other issues.  I am rather glad it is not all or nothing no matter who is in power.

I said much the same when the Democrats took control of the House. Maybe it would lead to more compromises. Appears to what is going on.

Problem is when the far right and far left news sources keep pressing out to the fringes.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, odas said:

Yes we do. Lying and scaming that is what he does.

Seems like he will soon share much more...off Twitter.

What are you accusing  him of  lying & scamming about?  

On 2/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, DingoLingo said:

i do.. I even comment now and then on his tweets..

a thing I do point out when the trumpers get rabid and forth at the mouth with the adoration and how every one supports him..

he has 58 million followers.. 

when he first started to run and got in.. his tweets were getting likes in the 300k or more.. and retweeted 100k plus

now he is lucky if he gets 50k likes and a couple thousand retweets.. 

Now he has lost favor with Rupert.. since he gets a bit of negative news from his favorite Fox news..  (told you that would happen) it wont be long till he starts calling fox fake news.. especially if Rupert taps someone else as his favorite.. 

Oh yes, I remember when you shared with us all that you read his account and I said I did not. I do read it now, it's the only way to know what is really occurring since the media stations are not always a reliable source on covering the  President.

Do you  really think that if the t.v personalities at fox news were told to flip on Trump that Trump's base would leave him? 

Edited by Ellapennella

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh yes, I remember when you shared with us all that you read his account and I said I did not. I do read it now, it's the only way to know what is really occurring since the media stations are not always a reliable source on covering the  President.

Do you  really think that if the t.v personalities at fox news were told to flip on Trump that Trump's base would leave him? 

heh only reason why most of the trump base followed him was because of fox news.. 

Fox is seen as the republican voice in news.. 

once Fox starts dumping trump he will loose a lot of his following.. 

• Like 3