Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zero crime by asylum seekers in Finland

RoofGardener

Finnish police have been instructed NOT to report (to the media) the asylum status of anyone arrested for a crime. So - for example - they can't say "Mahmoud Mohammed - an asylum seeker - was arrested for Carrot Smuggling in Helsinki yesterday"

http://tundratabloids.com/2019/01/finland-police-banned-from-telling-about-crimes-of-asylum-seekers/

One wonders why this is the case ? Could the government be embarrassed - or even nervous of public reaction to - too many examples of asylum criminality ? 

That would suggest that asylum criminality IS a problem in Finland ? Or somebody anticipates that it may become so ? But rather than do something about it, they just want to make sure nobody KNOWS about it ! 

Excellent. A major result for law and order. 

• Like 1

They must fear a new "Denmark" or a new "Sweden", where xenophobia and political chaos is the new normal .

In Denmark the government is practically controlled by the right wing nationalist Danish People's Party, and in Sweden there's political chaos, because the right wing nationalists in the Sweden Democrats are being excluded by all the other parties, and thereby ignoring 17,6% of the voters, making it next to impossible to form a sustainable government.

"Hear no evil" seems to be their approach to avoid xenophobia. It will fail miserably!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

They must fear a new "Denmark" or a new "Sweden", where xenophobia and political chaos is the new normal .

In Denmark the government is practically controlled by the right wing nationalist Danish People's Party, and in Sweden there's political chaos, because the right wing nationalists in the Sweden Democrats are being excluded by all the other parties, and thereby ignoring 17,6% of the voters, making it next to impossible to form a sustainable government.

"Hear no evil" seems to be their approach to avoid xenophobia. It will fail miserably!

I fear you are correct sci-nerd. However, I fear it is not "xenophobia", which is an irrational fear of strangers, but in many ways an entirely rational concern. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I fear you are correct sci-nerd. However, I fear it is not "xenophobia", which is an irrational fear of strangers, but in many ways an entirely rational concern. 

You are partly right. I have the concerns you talk about, but I don't see muslims in general as a threat. However, there is a large part of the population in my country, who do. They consider being a muslim as the main problem, and the solution to them is to kick each and every muslim out, ASAP.

These people set the agenda in Denmark these days, and they totally ignore the many thousands of muslims who live law abiding, work hard and pay their taxes.

The latest chapter in Danish "xenophobia" is to place rejected and criminal asylum seekers on a remote island. Yes, you read it correct. It has already been decided!

7 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's not xenophobia, it's common sense, you can't put two (or more) completely different cultures and beliefs together and expect good results.

Then, why does the large majority of muslims in the west, live peacefully among us, paying their taxes, by doing our hard/dirty work? The US is one big cultural melting pot, and their biggest problems right now is Trump/Russia and unemployment - not racial issues.
Agreed, they had their share in the recent past, but it's gotten a lot better. It seems there's an adaption period when cultures assimilate with each other, where things get ugly, but we can't rewind the world. The mixing is here to stay.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Then, why does the large majority of muslims in the west, live peacefully among us, paying their taxes, by doing our hard/dirty work? The US is one big cultural melting pot, and their biggest problems right now is Trump/Russia and unemployment - not racial issues.
Agreed, they had their share in the recent past, but it's gotten a lot better. It seems there's an adaption period when cultures assimilate with each other, where things get ugly, but we can't rewind the world. The mixing is here to stay.

Not true any longer.  Far more frequently we have immigrants who bring their culture and isolate themselves within it, not attempting to learn the national language or even be educated in it.  Look anywhere that Muslims predominate in a city.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, and then said:

Not true any longer.  Far more frequently we have immigrants who bring their culture and isolate themselves within it, not attempting to learn the national language or even be educated in it.  Look anywhere that Muslims predominate in a city.  

That's actually true. In the first generation or two. But once the third generation arrives, almost all of them are assimilated. Religion becomes more a custom than a commitment. Friends are naturally found among the natives, even spouses for many. Slowly the mindset of the original immigrants gets replaced by the common contemporary.
It's called natural adaption. It's what we humans do best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

When they get a majority

They will never.

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

A poll a couple of years back in the UK showed that 80% of young Moslems

They are second generation. Those tend to react to racism by seeking their roots. So in short, we create our own problems.

But in 20 years or so, you can make the same poll, and get a very different result. History proves me right.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, seanjo said:

History proves that a slow drip of people integrating is good, but a mass exodus, which is what is happening now, destroys the culture of the foster country unless it takes precautions. You're defending the road to war.

4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Really, have a look at the growth rate. In the UK it's been estimated the Moslem population could be the voting majority by 2050...

Precautions are made. At least in my country (maybe a bit too excessive). Can't talk for yours. If not, you better start.

Don't worry. People will always prefer order and freedom. They only revolt if you discriminate them.

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What precautions?

Not allowing them to make parallel societies, to solely raise their own children, to allow hate speech in their mosques. There are many ways to legally force people to assimilate.

Edited by sci-nerd

6 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

That's actually true. In the first generation or two. But once the third generation arrives, almost all of them are assimilated. Religion becomes more a custom than a commitment. Friends are naturally found among the natives, even spouses for many. Slowly the mindset of the original immigrants gets replaced by the common contemporary.
It's called natural adaption. It's what we humans do best.

You need to look a little more closely into Muslim neighborhoods in Europe today.  Exactly the opposite is occurring.  It is the youth who are most likely to be radicalized.  Check it out.

7 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Just want to point out that our current unemployment is 3.9 percent, the lowest it has been in 50 years.

That's all I wanted to add to this discussion lol. Carry on.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Finland has very few asylum seekers since they let very few in, i think they are doing the right thing not to report if they are asylum seekers since we are all treated equally by the law this does not matter.

Sweden have now formed a new goverment, the reason why they want to exclude the swedish democrats is because they are a right wing party founded by two former SS veterans and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out their political agenda.  Their party leader or fhurer Jimmy Akeson looks like some sort of slimy nonconformist pastor.

https://goo.gl/images/7FX2BV

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

.....The latest chapter in Danish "xenophobia" is to place rejected and criminal asylum seekers on a remote island. Yes, you read it correct. It has already been decided!

A remote Island ? Excellent. 

Wait......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... not the UK ? :o 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

One wonders why this is the case ? Could the government be embarrassed - or even nervous of public reaction to - too many examples of asylum criminality ? 

Idiots are why thats the case. They are currently sitting like vultures waiting for any form of headline they can plausibly legally get away with running to spin as some purported evidence that their race is better and under attack from the lessors. 

From your link:

The guidelines also cover the risks associated with the current situation: radicalization of the population or asylum seekers, the spread of racism and the erosion of public order and security. One of the risks is also the attitude of the police department’s own staff towards increasing workload and possible negative opinions on asylum seekers.

Its really bizarre that such behaviors have become a global phenomenon in such a short amount of time. Its almost like it was being done intentionally by someone who would benefit from such division in western nations.........

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Finnish police have been instructed NOT to report (to the media) the asylum status of anyone arrested for a crime. So - for example - they can't say "Mahmoud Mohammed - an asylum seeker - was arrested for Carrot Smuggling in Helsinki yesterday"

http://tundratabloids.com/2019/01/finland-police-banned-from-telling-about-crimes-of-asylum-seekers/

That would suggest that asylum criminality IS a problem in Finland ? Or somebody anticipates that it may become so ? But rather than do something about it, they just want to make sure nobody KNOWS about it ! 

Excellent. A major result for law and order. 

You cant take people from a warzone where they have learned to kill and steal in order to survive and expect them to just slip back into society like nothing happened. Of course they are going to commit crimes, wherever they go. They have already crossed that boundary so arent held back by it anymore.

16 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You cant take people from a warzone where they have learned to kill and steal in order to survive and expect them to just slip back into society like nothing happened. Of course they are going to commit crimes, wherever they go. They have already crossed that boundary so arent held back by it anymore.

I use that same argument against ex-military becoming police officers.

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Idiots are why thats the case. They are currently sitting like vultures waiting for any form of headline they can plausibly legally get away with running to spin as some purported evidence that their race is better and under attack from the lessors. 

From your link:

Its really bizarre that such behaviors have become a global phenomenon in such a short amount of time. Its almost like it was being done intentionally by someone who would benefit from such division in western nations.........

And yet... curiously.. every single European nation has recorded significant crime rates due to Immigrants from muslim nations. 

I guess there are two responses to this. 

1. Analyse the real results, and inform policy accordingly
  2. Hide it from the public and hope nobody notices. 

Which option do YOU favour, Farmer77 ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Fair enough RabidMongoose. 

So you admit that the unregulated acceptance of immigrants is likely to endanger the native population ? 

Jolly good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think you're wrong  the immigrants who commit crimes commit them because they are more or less forced to since it's hard for them to get a job and what do you do when you aint got any money ??  It's the same for many people the fact is most people want to obey the law even if they have grown up in a war zone. According to the Geneva convention rules that apply only in times of conflict and seek to protect  people who are not taking part in hostilities non combatants have the right to leave a war zone and seek asylum.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

They will never.

They are second generation. Those tend to react to racism by seeking their roots. So in short, we create our own problems.

But in 20 years or so, you can make the same poll, and get a very different result. History proves me right.

Yup. Nothing happenes overnight. You are correct in all of your statements. 

Twenty years ago arriving to Canada and the next few years i kept my balkan mentality. You give me a look i don't like and i was ready to fight. Balkan mentality. Now, i smile. Say thank you, hold the door for old and young. My kids had the same issue. Although young, the mentality was there. Fights in school, kindergarten, soccer games... Now they are just regular avarrage Canadians with university diplomas and good jobs.

Good things take time but if we put pressure than they need even longer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I agree with having an island set aside for immigrants.

Let them build their own country.

Hm. An Island? UK is an Island, right? Let me think, you gave me an idea.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, and then said:

You have a small point. Just a small one. What happened in the US when Italians arrived? First, second generation? Little Italiy's everywhere. The Irish? One neighbourhood in St. Louise was intirely populated by Bosnians. What happened 30 years later? The 3rd generation buys homes in other areas. They are doctors, firefhigters, lawyers....moved to mixed neighborhoods. That is normal. Everywhere. Even here in my City we had a neighborhood that was populated by arabs mostly. Now, half are gone to better areas with more diversity. My neighbors are scots, pakistanis, chinese, old Canadians and new Canadians alike. The more new homes are built the more the more diversity it creates hence ethnic areas become also more diverse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

You have a small point. Just a small one. What happened in the US when Italians arrived? First, second generation? Little Italiy's everywhere. The Irish? One neighbourhood in St. Louise was intirely populated by Bosnians. What happened 30 years later? The 3rd generation buys homes in other areas. They are doctors, firefhigters, lawyers....moved to mixed neighborhoods. That is normal. Everywhere. Even here in my City we had a neighborhood that was populated by arabs mostly. Now, half are gone to better areas with more diversity. My neighbors are scots, pakistanis, chinese, old Canadians and new Canadians alike. The more new homes are built the more the more diversity it creates hence ethnic areas become also more diverse. 

How many of them were susceptible to a religious ideology that is written in a way so as to be interpreted by some as a license to kill or subjugate all those who disagree?  2nd and 3rd Gen Muslims in Europe are doing exactly this in numbers that are sufficient to damage the fabric of the host nations.  Deny it as long as you care to and use anecdotal evidence to back your claims.  Frankly, I don't give a damn if the EU, UK or Canada burn themselves down with this scourge.  If it begins to rear its vile head in my area, it WILL be fought.  Cowards don't deserve the consideration or help that is due people who're willing to resist evil.