Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science may have proof of psychic abilities

Aten34

18 hours ago, Horta said:

No, it doesn't explain anything about telepathy at all. It simply draws comparison via over simplified explanations of em radiation an electron theory, in ways that probably aren't relevant to biology and humans in particular, as a basis for unbacked claims. Why has no one ever demonstrated such abilities under controlled conditions? 

What "blockages" are you talking about? Who measured them, what did they compare such measurements to?

First in foremost, this thread is based on a theory, if you would have read carefully through the first post you probably would have caught that. And because of your replies, it would seem that you completely misunderstood this whole theory, you have no understanding of what the theory is presenting.

So I'm going reply to some of your questions, with a recap of the theory so that you could get a better understanding of the bases of this theory.

The whole point of the theory was to get the readers to take parapsychology and the study of psychic abilities and compare it to a branch of physics called "ELECTROMAGNETISM". The reason for this is when you look at the application of electromagnetism in technologies such as Televisions, Telephones, Radios, and other devices that require wireless communication, there's a striking resemblance of how these devices work in comparison to the psychic abilities known as Telepathy, Remote Viewing and Empathy etc. Because humans and some other life forms posses an electromagnetic field, one can hypothesize that psychic abilities can possibly be explained in the science of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism. Another thing is that I assume that the theory presented in this thread was to get the readers to take the ideas of psychic abilities out of the realm of the paranormal and into a field of science that may explain the concept. Just to note this is a "Theory" not a "Claim".

To my knowledge Everything that is presented in this theory and its entirety have not been tested in a controlled environment in the study of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism, everyone knows that it has already been tested under controlled conditions with the consideration of discovering the "Paranormal", but has not been considered to be "tested" with the application of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism along with the other elements presented in this theory, with an example such as taking 2 controlled groups of people: Group number 1 would remained on the standardize "American Diet" with 30 days or more of meditation before testing and Group number 2 would be put on a raw "Electrical Plant Base Diet" with 30 days or more of meditation before testing and when they reach the testing phase they test both group in the same controlled setting and compare results and see if they can pick up readings that can be measured.

You asked what blockages are you talking about, who measured them, what did they compare such measurement too. First off I notice that you partially quoted the answer to your first question and did not notice it, but I will repeat what was said in the theory. Once again the theory never presented or indicated that any measurement was made in comparisons. Again This theory has not been tested. Now as for the Blockages, it was stated in theory that the blockages was flouride, plaque, and other unhealthy substances that builds up in the body that act as strong insulators. the theory goes on to say that these insulators block the flow of electricity and interfere with the sending and receiving of electromagnetic waves, which would theoretically explained why most humans isn't capable of properly displaying these abilities do to the negative effects of the standard American diet. One prime example of these blockages in action is when you introduce fluoride to the body it congeals the arteries of some main organs such as the brain and heart and other organ systems in the body turning cholesterol into plaque which slows down or impair electrical flow in organ functions possibly decreasing the electromagnetic field which in theory would explain why most humans lack psychic abilities.

54 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

First in foremost, this thread is based on a theory, if you would have read carefully through the first post you probably would have caught that. And because of your replies, it would seem that you completely misunderstood this whole theory, you have no understanding of what the theory is presenting.

So I'm going reply to some of your questions, with a recap of the theory so that you could get a better understanding of the bases of this theory.

The whole point of the theory was to get the readers to take parapsychology and the study of psychic abilities and compare it to a branch of physics called "ELECTROMAGNETISM". The reason for this is when you look at the application of electromagnetism in technologies such as Televisions, Telephones, Radios, and other devices that require wireless communication, there's a striking resemblance of how these devices work in comparison to the psychic abilities known as Telepathy, Remote Viewing and Empathy etc. Because humans and some other life forms posses an electromagnetic field, one can hypothesize that psychic abilities can possibly be explained in the science of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism. Another thing is that I assume that the theory presented in this thread was to get the readers to take the ideas of psychic abilities out of the realm of the paranormal and into a field of science that may explain the concept. Just to note this is a "Theory" not a "Claim".

Surely a theory (even in the colloquial sense) is a plausible explanation for some phenomena? You've basically offered "rf communication works, therefore telepathy". Even overlooking the fact that telepathy isn't known to exist to begin with, that's very vague, and even then your basic explanation of how this works in machines wasn't always terribly accurate.

To my knowledge Everything that is presented in this theory and its entirety have not been tested in a controlled environment in the study of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism, everyone knows that it has already been tested under controlled conditions with the consideration of discovering the "Paranormal", but has not been considered to be "tested" with the application of electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism along with the other elements presented in this theory, with an example such as taking 2 controlled groups of people: Group number 1 would remained on the standardize "American Diet" with 30 days or more of meditation before testing and Group number 2 would be put on a raw "Electrical Plant Base Diet" with 30 days or more of meditation before testing and when they reach the testing phase they test both group in the same controlled setting and compare results and see if they can pick up readings that can be measured.

This seems a bit pseudo sciencey in that you have already formed a conclusion and are designing experiments to fit that conclusion. Not very good logic. None of this is initially necessary.

Surely the first step would require something to verify that telepathy exists at all to begin with? Then you could hypothesise about the how and why of telepathy, and test this out against experiments.

You asked what blockages are you talking about, who measured them, what did they compare such measurement too. First off I notice that you partially quoted the answer to your first question and did not notice it, but I will repeat what was said in the theory. Once again the theory never presented or indicated that any measurement was made in comparisons. Again This theory has not been tested. Now as for the Blockages, it was stated in theory that the blockages was flouride, plaque, and other unhealthy substances that builds up in the body that act as strong insulators. the theory goes on to say that these insulators block the flow of electricity and interfere with the sending and receiving of electromagnetic waves, which would theoretically explained why most humans isn't capable of properly displaying these abilities do to the negative effects of the standard American diet. One prime example of these blockages in action is when you introduce fluoride to the body it congeals the arteries of some main organs such as the brain and heart and other organ systems in the body turning cholesterol into plaque which slows down or impair electrical flow in organ functions possibly decreasing the electromagnetic field which in theory would explain why most humans lack psychic abilities.

So you are proposing an effect which you say has never been measured, as an explanation for something that isn't known to exist..? That isn't very convincing.

A more compelling argument would hold that humans don't really display these abilities because they don't have them. That's the position you need to falsify.

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Horta said:

Surely a theory (even in the colloquial sense) is a plausible explanation for some phenomena? You've basically offered "rf communication works, therefore telepathy". Even overlooking the fact that telepathy isn't known to exist to begin with, that's very vague, and even then your basic explanation of how this works in machines wasn't always terribly accurate.

In the subject of this theory, I'm not saying "rf communication works therefore "Tele"pathy works, I am saying that rf communication strikingly resembles the "idea" and "concept" of "Tele"pathy. If one questions the existence of "Tele"pathy then one can theoretically find its explanation in the science of Electromagnetism/Bioelectromagnetism.

"AGAIN IN THE THEORY IT WAS NEVER STATED THAT "TELE"PATHY OR ANY OTHER PSYCHIC ABILITIES EXISTED. Its a just a theory.

2 hours ago, Horta said:

This seems a bit pseudo sciencey in that you have already formed a conclusion and are designing experiments to fit that conclusion. Not very good logic. None of this is initially necessary.

Surely the first step would require something to verify that telepathy exists at all to begin with? Then you could hypothesise about the how and why of telepathy, and test this out against experiments.

Of course this is psuedo science, no one implied otherwise, and I never formed a conclusion. I brought up the experiments as an example in order to present that the theory and its elements can be tested that way.

rf communications is a "Mechanical" version of the Idea, concept, and possibility  of "Tele"pathy that exist, and has been observed in technology such as the "Tele"Phone and Radios . The phenomenon may not have been confirmed to exist in humans as of yet, that's why people such as myself and Aten34 have an abstract mind to find the science behind the possibility of "Tele"pathy.

2 hours ago, Horta said:

So you are proposing an effect which you say has never been measured, as an explanation for something that isn't known to exist..? That isn't very convincing.

The only thing that I am Proposing that do "EXIST"  is the "MECHANICAL" versions of the Idea, concept, and possibility of "Tele"pathy,  and Remote Viewing and that is RF communications, which has scientifically already been observed in the "Tele"phone, "Tele"vision and radios and other devices that uses RF Communications.

FUN FACT, (not related to the discussion) "Tele" means far away, distant. "Phone" means voice or sound, "Pathy" means perception. Lol just found that funny.

Edited by Ankhael

13 hours ago, Ankhael said:

Diet doesn't affect pH levels, however  diet, it does provide the body with energy and minerals to help regulate the pH. Homeostasis at the end of the day boils down to the energy supply from food. Everything the body does boils down to it needing energy from food to do all the body functions in the first place Including homeostasis.

I see that you are now moving the goal posts. This idea that food is needed to survive is known to even the smallest children.

14 hours ago, Ankhael said:

Lol I never stated that urine pH levels are related to the bones lol maybe you missed understood my post, and i agree with you in my last post when you brought it up, even though i  was wondering where you got that notion from, that I said that.

Apparently when you stated "stored minerals" you had no idea where they were stored. I'm simply providing you with that information.

You also made claims about "So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system" Apparently, you are wrong. You made something up and it was not correct.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ankhael said:

First in foremost, this thread is based on a theory, if you would have read carefully through the first post you probably would have caught that. And because of your replies, it would seem that you completely misunderstood this whole theory, you have no understanding of what the theory is presenting. Your write that you are presenting a theory, not a claim. You most certainly are making a claim. It is definitely a speculation and one that as I read further seems to be nothing more than one speculation after another.

First off it is not a theory unless of course you mean a wild eyed unlikely speculation with no supporting evidence. The use of scientific terms seems to be more to feign some sort of legitimacy.

A theory in science is an explanation for facts. Here you have no scientific theory, but you do have some ideas strung together in a wild eyed speculation.

In this you suggest that radio, television, and telephones somehow work like paranormal events called remote viewing, telepathy, etc. They do not. The difference is that telepathy doesn't exist. Remote viewing is a joke at est. But radio, television, and telephones do work and are easily demonstrated to work. The devices are reliable. They transmit and receive information and can do it over great distances. The signals are even generated by events billions of light years away and those signals can be detected here on Earth.

Testing has shown that telepathy does not exist.  Just because people can imagine that telepathy exists does not mean it exists. Just as people sprouting wings and flying does not exist, telepathy does not exist. Just as fish swimming through rocks does not exist, telepathy does not exist. Yet we can imagine all of them to be possible. Testing tells us what is possible and what is not.

Remote viewing is a joke unless of course you were one of the poor Heaven's Gate group that killed themselves to upload to the mother ship behind Hale Bopp comet. That mother ship did not exist but was visited by the delusional remote viewing groups. The remote viewers have also visited an alien mining camp on Mars. The Mars orbiter shows that the place does not exist. Regardless of the facts there are still those falling for this imaginary viewing.

The existence of EM fields around anything from magnets to biological organisms, the Earth, the Sun, or a volcano only tells us something about the processes happening in those objects. It certainly does not mean there is a connection to imaginary things like telepathy. 

Comparing EM theory to the paranormal is easy. One exists and makes major verifiable predictions. The other doesn't exist when tested.

Again there is the diet baloney. As we have seen there is nothing to the diet that affects the body unless of course the pH of urine is of interest. What do you expect this diet to do. You give no reason for why the diet should be changed. Is this simply more of your lack of understanding of diets and human metabolism?

You make the claim that there are things like fluoride that act as blockers. Where did you get that speculation? That seems to be made up just like all of the diet baloney. You go on to another speculation that these blockers block electricity. If they block the bodies processes that would lead to disease. Can you tell us what diseases you are hinting at? 

You suggest diet interferes with imaginary things. You refer to the American diet. You really think that all Americans eat the same foods? How strange. 

Where did this come from? "One prime example of these blockages in action is when you introduce fluoride to the body it congeals the arteries of some main organs such as the brain and heart and other organ systems in the body turning cholesterol into plaque which slows down or impair electrical flow in organ functions possibly decreasing the electromagnetic field which in theory would explain why most humans lack psychic abilities." It is a bunch of nonsense strung together. I'd love to know where that came from.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 12:17 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This is literally the only reason I would want psychic powers

I literally only want The Force in order to move the remote control from one side of the room to my hand without having to get off the couch.

That and Force Choking burglar alarm salesmen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ankhael said:

In the subject of this theory, I'm not saying "rf communication works therefore "Tele"pathy works, I am saying that rf communication strikingly resembles the "idea" and "concept" of "Tele"pathy. If one questions the existence of "Tele"pathy then one can theoretically find its explanation in the science of Electromagnetism/Bioelectromagnetism.

"AGAIN IN THE THEORY IT WAS NEVER STATED THAT "TELE"PATHY OR ANY OTHER PSYCHIC ABILITIES EXISTED. Its a just a theory.

Of course this is psuedo science, no one implied otherwise, and I never formed a conclusion. I brought up the experiments as an example in order to present that the theory and its elements can be tested that way.

rf communications is a "Mechanical" version of the Idea, concept, and possibility  of "Tele"pathy that exist, and has been observed in technology such as the "Tele"Phone and Radios . The phenomenon may not have been confirmed to exist in humans as of yet, that's why people such as myself and Aten34 have an abstract mind to find the science behind the possibility of "Tele"pathy.

The only thing that I am Proposing that do "EXIST"  is the "MECHANICAL" versions of the Idea, concept, and possibility of "Tele"pathy,  and Remote Viewing and that is RF communications, which has scientifically already been observed in the "Tele"phone, "Tele"vision and radios and other devices that uses RF Communications.

FUN FACT, (not related to the discussion) "Tele" means far away, distant. "Phone" means voice or sound, "Pathy" means perception. Lol just found that funny.

You really have no theory here. You have wild eyed speculations one after the other.

You should be calling your ideas a guess. That is what it is.

RF communication is not mechanical. It is electrical in nature. It is so well understood that it has many different forms including analog and digital transmissions. It is done using amplitude and frequency modulation. 

I'll give you a hint here. Tele is a prefix meaning far. It comes from Greek. That is why it is found in many words such as telemetry, and telegram. Just because someone coined a word using the same Greek prefix does not mean they things have anything in common.

You say you want to find the science behind telepathy. Maybe you need to switch gears here and understand the psychology of people believing in imaginary issues. If telepathy is shown not to exist and people still believe in it then the issue is why do people believe in things that do not exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Aten34 Thank you for your original post; I found it easy to understand. I am randomly able to receive thoughts from others but very rarely can I put my thoughts in another's head. I am in the process of changing to a raw food diet so I look forward to monitoring any changes in 'sensitivity' this may provoke.

Thank you also to Nnicolette for her contributions. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

I literally only want The Force in order to move the remote control from one side of the room to my hand without having to get off the couch.

That and Force Choking burglar alarm salesmen.

And I'm not joking when I say this - when I want something that's out of reach and I can't be bothered to move, I genuinely reach out with my hand, Luke Skywalker-style, in the vague hope that, in the short period since I last tried it, I had developed said telekinetic powers.

Hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

@stereologist  

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

A theory in science is an explanation for facts.

Because you have no correct definition of a "Theory", your opinions and their entirety is no longer revelant to me.

In my own words the correct definition of a Theory is a group of ideas that are use to explain something or a subject matter.

I think you are referring to a "Scientific Theory" which is composed of facts.

Edited by Ankhael

3 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

@stereologist  

Because you have no correct definition of a "Theory", your opinions and their entirety is no longer revelant to me.

In my own words the correct definition of a Theory is a group of ideas that are use to something or a subject matter.

I think you are referring to a "Scientific Theory" which is composed of facts.

Your definition is your personal definition which is not a standard definition for theory. Let me show you the definition of theory.

Your definition of scientific theory is wrong. A scientific theory is an explanation for facts. It is based on facts. It is not composed of facts.

Your unfounded speculations are a collection of ideas some of which are demonstrably false such as your ideas about diet, and the existence of telepathy.

Definition of theory

1: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomenathe wave theory of light
2a: a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of actionher method is based on the theory that all children want to learn
b: an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances often used in the phrase in theoryin theory, we have always advocated freedom for all
3a: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b: an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE
c: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subjecttheory of equations
4: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an artmusic theory
5: abstract thought : SPECULATION
6: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

As we can see you are not covered by definition 1, the scientific use of the term.

You are not using theory as in definition 2, 4 or 6.

You are using definition 3 and 5. As I stated you are using the word theory as in a speculation.

HARIBO ?!?

The title of this thread is that science may have proof of psychic abilities yet not a single piece of scientific evidence has been presented to support that statement.

Rather, this thread is about idle speculations and heaping them into a pile and pretending that something of interest exists in that pile.

If telepathy were an EM phenomenon that would be detectable. The effect would be measurable.

No tests have ever shown that telepathy works.

Suppose there was such as thing as telepathy.

http://skepdic.com/telepath.html

Since there is no way to distinguish direct communication with another mind from communication with a future or past perception by that or some other mind, there is no way to distinguish telepathy from precognition or retrocognition. There is no way to distinguish telepathy, clairvoyance, retrocognition, or precognition from a mind perceiving directly the akashic record. There is no way to distinguish telepathy, clairvoyance, retrocognition, precognition, or perceiving the akashic record from perceiving what is directly placed in the mind by God (occasionalism). There is no way to distinguish telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, perceiving the akashic record, or having perceptions directly implanted in our minds by a god from perceiving the hidden record of all perceptions in the eleventh dimension that is vibrating in the intersection between the tenth and twelfth dimensions.

If it were an EM phenomenon then it would be possible to distinguish telepathy form these other ideas.

If we read further down we learn that early attempts to validate telepathy were based on the researchers being tricked. They were hoodwinked in a number of celebrated instances of telepathy.

It took some time to sink in but eventually the experimenters realized that for some reason human beings like to deceive each other.

JB Rhine was a foremost proponent of the idea that ESP existed and he is often mentioned by believers. Yet, his results were not duplicated suggesting that something was wrong at his lab.

Rhine was undaunted by the criticism. In fact, he claimed in his first book (Extra-Sensory Perception, 1934) that he’d done over 90,000 trials and could justifiably conclude that ESP is “an actual and demonstrable occurrence.” However, there were attempts to duplicate these trials at Princeton, Johns Hopkins, Colgate, Southern Methodist, and Brown, all without success.

Nothing supports the idea of telepathy being real. 

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You are using definition 3 and 5. As I stated you are using the word theory as in a speculation.

Um.. Duh, its a speculation, no one said anything about thread's theory being a fact, like I constantly repeated that through out this thread. And no one seems to know how to read clearly. as of a matter fact its stated in the beginning of the theory the very first post, but because some yall so quick to jump on someone to debunk (which is typical of most forum users lol) you missed loads of details in post because when your reading your not paying attention, your just already typing what your going to say in your head before you even finish reading the comment that you are going to reply too. :lol:

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Testing has shown that telepathy does not exist.  Just because people can imagine that telepathy exists does not mean it exists. Just as people sprouting wings and flying does not exist, telepathy does not exist.

No one said it existed, remember its a speculation (theory definition 3 and 5) :mellow::sleepy:

I'll give you a hint here. Tele is a prefix meaning far. It comes from Greek. That is why it is found in many words such as telemetry, and telegram. Just because someone coined a word using the same Greek prefix does not mean they things have anything in common.

Wow, thanks for the hint, even though you obviously quoted me saying  it and me making note that it was not related to the topic meaning i wasn't trying to make a connection.:mellow:

In this you suggest that radio, television, and telephones somehow work like paranormal events called remote viewing, telepathy, etc. They do not.

This is why reading clearly is important, I didn't say they work alike, I said that RF communication is similiar to the Idea and concept of Telepahy

Again there is the diet baloney. As we have seen there is nothing to the diet that affects the body unless of course the pH of urine is of interest. What do you expect this diet to do. You give no reason for why the diet should be changed. Is this simply more of your lack of understanding of diets and human metabolism?

Read bro Read ok... the theory suggest that the diet will make the body more "electrical" to allow the body's electromagnetic Field to raise. wow I think @Horta is the only user that actually asked a very interesting questions that wasn't already answer in the theory. Like what would act as the antenna in body, and transmissions and he address brain hertz that we have yet to answer.

You make the claim that there are things like fluoride that act as blockers. Where did you get that speculation? That seems to be made up just like all of the diet baloney. You go on to another speculation that these blockers block electricity. If they block the bodies processes that would lead to disease. Can you tell us what diseases you are hinting at?

Um.. where did I get speculation, um the speculation came from me. And its not made up entirely, you can read about strokes and heart attacks if you want to know what diseases and metal poisoning which can affect the electrical flow in the central nervous and the heart causing not to work properly. Everything I'm speculating comes from some source of FACT and no I am not saying the speculation itself is a fact, it is a speculation base on a fact. Don't want you assuming things I don't want to repeat.

You suggest diet interferes with imaginary things. You refer to the American diet. You really think that all Americans eat the same foods? How strange. 

It's not strange, America is statistically the fattest country in the world suffering from almost the highest "DIETARY" diseases. Why don't you look up the statistic numbers on cancer rate and heart disease and tell that almost all Americans don't eat the same foods. I'll wait

Where did this come from? "One prime example of these blockages in action is when you introduce fluoride to the body it congeals the arteries of some main organs such as the brain and heart and other organ systems in the body turning cholesterol into plaque which slows down or impair electrical flow in organ functions possibly decreasing the electromagnetic field which in theory would explain why most humans lack psychic abilities." It is a bunch of nonsense strung together. I'd love to know where that came from.

.Um.. Me... it came from me, the speculation came from me based on FACTS related heart, central nervous system, and digestive system diseases and or poor system functions, why don't you use google and look up what I told you in my previous reply to one of your quote. And let me make it clear again, I am in no way suggestion that this speculation is a Fact itself but it is speculated off of Facts not a fact itself.

Word of advice please read all of this carefully

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

Um.. Duh, its a speculation, no one said anything about thread's theory being a fact, like I constantly repeated that through out this thread. And no one seems to know how to read clearly. as of a matter fact its stated in the beginning of the theory the very first post, but because some yall so quick to jump on someone to debunk (which is typical of most forum users lol) you missed loads of details in post because when your reading your not paying attention, your just already typing what your going to say in your head before you even finish reading the comment that you are going to reply too. :lol:

No one said it existed, remember its a speculation (theory definition 3 and 5) :mellow::sleepy:

Wow, thanks for the hint, even though you obviously quoted me saying  it and me making note that it was not related to the topic meaning i wasn't trying to make a connection.:mellow:

This is why reading clearly is important, I didn't say they work alike, I said that RF communication is similiar to the Idea and concept of Telepahy

Read bro Read ok... the theory suggest that the diet will make the body more "electrical" to allow the body's electromagnetic Field to raise. wow I think @Horta is the only user that actually asked a very interesting questions that wasn't already answer in the theory. Like what would act as the antenna in body, and transmissions and he address brain hertz that we have yet to answer.

Um.. where did I get speculation, um the speculation came from me. And its not made up entirely, you can read about strokes and heart attacks if you want to know what diseases and metal poisoning which can affect the electrical flow in the central nervous and the heart causing not to work properly. Everything I'm speculating comes from some source of FACT and no I am not saying the speculation itself is a fact, it is a speculation base on a fact. Don't want you assuming things I don't want to repeat.

It's not strange, America is statistically the fattest country in the world suffering from almost the highest "DIETARY" diseases. Why don't you look up the statistic numbers on cancer rate and heart disease and tell that almost all Americans don't eat the same foods. I'll wait

.Um.. Me... it came from me, the speculation came from me based on FACTS related heart, central nervous system, and digestive system diseases and or poor system functions, why don't you use google and look up what I told you in my previous reply to one of your quote. And let me make it clear again, I am in no way suggestion that this speculation is a Fact itself but it is speculated off of Facts not a fact itself.

Word of advice please read all of this carefully

More laughable assumptions, but even worse than the contents of the OP. The OP Is a jumble of speculations that are not connected at all. Not sure why it is such a jumbled mess.

The simple fact of the matter is that people can read clearly, but what is written is poorly thought out and poorly worded. The lack of cohesiveness and the incorrectness of word usage do plague the thread and the honor of failure is all yours. I am assuming that English is a second language for you. I have from the start due to the odd and often incorrect wording. I have tried to assist you by pointing out the errors which you seem unwilling to correct.

For example, theories cannot be facts. Theories are idle speculations. In science a theory is based on facts. Thus theories cannot be facts.

As you agree that telepathy is a speculation it means that the title of the thread, something Aten34 wrote, is a falsehood - a lie if you wish. The OP goes on to claim the following: "However recent research may actually scientifically confirmed psychic abilities in a branch of physics called electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism. " But that is never presented. I suspect it is as vacuous a claim as anything posted here.

If you want to make a subtle distinction here that Aten34 claims that telepathy is electromagnetism and you want to pretend that it is similar to radio I really don't care because the two are nothing alike.

The problem is that the theory making the body more "electrical" through diet has been repeatedly shown to be dead wrong. It simply doesn't happen. That has been shown repeatedly throughout this thread. I guess you are unable to read clearly. If you could read clearly then you'd know that diet does not affect a person as the OP claims.

And now you are claiming that the nonsense you posted about fluoride is a fact. Please support your statements by presenting the facts. Please post how these materials are blockers. 

I see you also are unwilling to support this American diet claim. No surprise there. Please do. I want to see more clueless sputtering.

I see that the effects you claim are just more unsubstantiated ramblings that are not based on any facts. It is just random musing you posted.

Word of advice stop posting rubbish that you want to pretend are facts.

America is statistically the fattest country in the world

Typical rubbish comment. This isn't true and has not been true for years. I suggest those that are amazingly clueless check out the WHO.

You can see that the US is not the fattest country in the world.

The thread is plagued with so much nonsensical speculation. At least get the decidable facts right!

I think there is a big misunderstanding about this thread. @Horta and @stereologist the theory i  post in the creation of this thread is all on ABSTRACT thinking AND SPECULATION on the ideas of psychic abilities. I never said anything was fact when it comes to the ideas of psychic abilities or any other ideas of paranormal phenomena.

@Ankhael was right on point with his observation on comprehending what the intent of this theory was to be.. WITH AN OPEN ABSTRACT MIND i was trying to take the ideas, concepts and possiblities of psychic abilities and pull it from "parapsychology" and place them in the realm of physics; electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism due to the fact that technologies that were engineered in this science bare a resemblance to the ideas of psychic abilities and take in consideration that the phenomena MAY be possible in this branch of this science. if i'm not mistaken, i stated this earlier to @Piney.

Horta was the only one to somewhat to go into a scenario and QUESTION how would all of this work with humans concerning antennas to transmit electromagnetic waves from one person to the next and machinery... VERY VERY good questions...

i never came here to shove the ideas of psychic abilities down people throats saying that they actually exist. i only came here to get "believers" of the idea of psychic abilities and "skeptics" of the idea of psychic abilities to look at it from a realistic approach. In order to do that, one may ask "if the idea of psychic abilities were real, what place it will have in today's science to explain it? what branch of science it will be place in? and keep in mind "IF" the last 2 question was met, will it advance human understanding of this world?"... 

but i should have made a clearer introduction of this thread to avoid misunderstanding to produce positive dialogue in this thread. AND i should have put MORE thought in the wording process of the theory for better understanding stereologist

Edited by Aten34
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aten34 said:

I think there is a big misunderstanding about this thread. @Horta and @stereologist the theory i  post in the creation of this thread is all on ABSTRACT thinking AND SPECULATION on the ideas of psychic abilities. I never said anything was fact when it comes to the ideas of psychic abilities or any other ideas of paranormal phenomena.

@Ankhael was right on point with his observation on comprehending what the intent of this theory was to be.. WITH AN OPEN ABSTRACT MIND i was trying to take the ideas, concepts and possiblities of psychic abilities and pull it from "parapsychology" and place them in the realm of physics; electromagnetism/bioelectromagnetism due to the fact that technologies that were engineered in this science bare a resemblance to the ideas of psychic abilities and take in consideration that the phenomena MAY be possible in this branch of this science. if i'm not mistaken, i stated this earlier to @Piney.

Horta was the only one to somewhat to go into a scenario and QUESTION how would all of this work with humans concerning antennas to transmit electromagnetic waves from one person to the next and machinery... VERY VERY good questions...

i never came here to shove the ideas of psychic abilities down people throats saying that they actually exist. i only came here to get "believers" of the idea of psychic abilities and "skeptics" of the idea of psychic abilities to look at it from a realistic approach. In order to do that, one may ask "if the idea of psychic abilities were real, what place it will have in today's science to explain it? what branch of science it will be place in? and keep in mind "IF" the last 2 question was met, will it advance human understanding of this world?"... 

but i should have made a clearer introduction of this thread to avoid misunderstanding to produce positive dialogue in this thread

How can you relate speculations on ideas of psychic abilities to real world verifiable and well understood phenomena?  The theory of EM is a well established scientific theory has been verified countless times and is well enough understood to combine it with the weak force into a coherent theory. But psychic abilities do not appear to exist. Testing shows it not to exist. 

There is more similarity between clouds and watermelons. They both exist and water is a primary ingredient of both.

So let's suppose that psychic abilities were real. Then they would be objectively measurable and detectable. The idea that this would be an instance of an EM phenomenon is unlikely. The reason is that the claims, if we are suppose these are true, do not necessarily follow cause and effect. They do not appear to be related to time. It doesn't seem to be a human only ability. It does not seem to be an ability that is permanent. It comes and goes. It doesn't always appear to be correct. It's not that it can't be interpreted properly. It is that the message received is not what was sent.

Telepathy seems to be like astrology. Different people give different descriptions.

22 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So let's suppose that psychic abilities were real. Then they would be objectively measurable and detectable. The idea that this would be an instance of an EM phenomenon is unlikely. The reason is that the claims, if we are suppose these are true, do not necessarily follow cause and effect. They do not appear to be related to time. It doesn't seem to be a human only ability. It does not seem to be an ability that is permanent. It comes and goes. It doesn't always appear to be correct. It's not that it can't be interpreted properly. It is that the message received is not what was sent.

Telepathy seems to be like astrology. Different people give different descriptions.

'So let's suppose that psychic abilities were real. Then they would be objectively measurable and detectable'. Why? Why do you think your second sentence is automatically true just because your first one is? Skeptics here at UM keep trotting this statement out and I don't understand why. Are they trying to reassure themselves? Is it too scary to let their mind float somewhere in between science and what has not, as yet, been explained? 

You're right, psychic abilities come and go; very often they are not absolutely accurate and yes, sometimes the message sent doesn't always arrive at it's destination intact ....... does that make those abilities a lie? Of course not. They're just a bit 'out of focus' and incomplete.

You are also right in saying that telepathy seems like astrology. Both are being interpreted by individuals with different life experiences and ways of viewing the world. I think the problem with a lot of skeptics is that they only work in black and white .... do yourselves a favour and come over to the many-shades-of-grey side! :lol: And I've just remembered that your avatar is someone painting an animal black and white!

stereologist: what do you think the reality of having psychic abilities would be? Do you imagine it as being something you can tap into 24/7? Do you imagine the ability is completely controlled by your will?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

'So let's suppose that psychic abilities were real. Then they would be objectively measurable and detectable'. Why? Why do you think your second sentence is automatically true just because your first one is? Skeptics here at UM keep trotting this statement out and I don't understand why. Are they trying to reassure themselves? Is it too scary to let their mind float somewhere in between science and what has not, as yet, been explained? 

You're right, psychic abilities come and go; very often they are not absolutely accurate and yes, sometimes the message sent doesn't always arrive at it's destination intact ....... does that make those abilities a lie? Of course not. They're just a bit 'out of focus' and incomplete.

You are also right in saying that telepathy seems like astrology. Both are being interpreted by individuals with different life experiences and ways of viewing the world. I think the problem with a lot of skeptics is that they only work in black and white .... do yourselves a favour and come over to the many-shades-of-grey side! :lol: And I've just remembered that your avatar is someone painting an animal black and white!

stereologist: what do you think the reality of having psychic abilities would be? Do you imagine it as being something you can tap into 24/7? Do you imagine the ability is completely controlled by your will?

So you think that something can be real and not measurable or detectable? How odd.

How would you know it is real? Some people might like to suggest that there is something about living beings that differs from the non-living. This is called vitalism and has been repeatedly shown to be wrong. 

The excuse of psychic abilities coming and going is to cover up for the failures of psychic abilities. There are more excuses every day it seems.

There are plenty of excuses as to why psychic abilities are not real. The excuses have gone back to the days of JB Rhine and before. The basic argument is that psychic abilities fail when closely scrutinized. The simple fact is that when purposeful cheating is eliminated and unknowing cheating is eliminated the ability goes away. Today the effect is believed to exist only when something happens that appears to be statistically significant. It's the old that's odd story. Yet, when time is given to collect lots of data the outcome is no ability. That is what testing expects when there is no ability. The believers simply put forward another excuse for the failure. 

The many-shades-of-gray claim is another failure. Science is full of many-shades-of-gray. Look at medicines that work for some but not all people. Example, penicillin  is helpful for disease control but some people are allergic to the antibiotic. Science, especially in the biological fields, is not as you suppose black and white. It is much more complicated than you suggest.

But the pseudosciences like astrology and psychic abilities are testable and shown not to work. That's a decidable issue.

26 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

You're right, psychic abilities come and go; very often they are not absolutely accurate and yes, sometimes the message sent doesn't always arrive at it's destination intact

I've heard it described as being akin to listening for bird-song in a gale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

The title of this thread is that science may have proof of psychic abilities yet not a single piece of scientific evidence has been presented to support that statement.

Right.  So, it's a bogus thread.  You note it.....then move on.  Nothing here to see.   There are no shortages of bogus threads to be ignored.  

So you think that something can be real and not measurable or detectable? How odd.

How would you know it is real? Some people might like to suggest that there is something about living beings that differs from the non-living. This is called vitalism and has been repeatedly shown to be wrong. 

The excuse of psychic abilities coming and going is to cover up for the failures of psychic abilities. There are more excuses every day it seems.

There are plenty of excuses as to why psychic abilities are not real. The excuses have gone back to the days of JB Rhine and before. The basic argument is that psychic abilities fail when closely scrutinized. The simple fact is that when purposeful cheating is eliminated and unknowing cheating is eliminated the ability goes away. Today the effect is believed to exist only when something happens that appears to be statistically significant. It's the old that's odd story. Yet, when time is given to collect lots of data the outcome is no ability. That is what testing expects when there is no ability. The believers simply put forward another excuse for the failure. 

The many-shades-of-gray claim is another failure. Science is full of many-shades-of-gray. Look at medicines that work for some but not all people. Example, penicillin  is helpful for disease control but some people are allergic to the antibiotic. Science, especially in the biological fields, is not as you suppose black and white. It is much more complicated than you suggest.

But the pseudosciences like astrology and psychic abilities are testable and shown not to work. That's a decidable issue.

You don't know what you're talking about. I'm not saying that glibly, I mean that you literally have no experience of psychic ability and also don't appear to have the capacity to imagine it.

edit to say: of course something can be real and undetectable .... by some. Also, beware of over-generalising. :)

Edited by ouija ouija

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

How can you relate speculations on ideas of psychic abilities to real world verifiable and well understood phenomena?  The theory of EM is a well established scientific theory has been verified countless times and is well enough understood to combine it with the weak force into a coherent theory. But psychic abilities do not appear to exist. Testing shows it not to exist. 

You are correct. the idea of psychic abilities do not exist.

You said:

"How can you relate speculations on ideas of psychic abilities to real world verifiable and well understood phenomena?  The theory of EM is a well established scientific theory has been verified countless times and is well enough understood to combine it with the weak force into a coherent theory."

the only reason i was trying to relate the 2, was because the branches of physics called electromagnetism (EM) and bio-electromagnetism (Bio-EM) show striking resemblance to the idea of psychic abilities. The theories of EM and bio-EM is pretty much the same, the difference between the 2 is that one scientific theory is dealing "electronics" such as telephones and the other is dealing with "biological entities" (life form) such as animals and humans. Bio-EM is what i focus on the most in this theory because it will be the only scientific theory to have at least a slim chance to possibly explain the idea of psychic abilities.

"But psychic abilities do not appear to exist. Testing shows it not to exist."

You are correct about this as well. The testing has been done, but only with the thought of discovering the paranormal in parapsychology and so far there was no evidence that showed it exist, but testing has NEVER been done in the field of bio-EM and that's the whole point of this thread.

"So let's suppose that psychic abilities were real. Then they would be objectively measurable and detectable. The idea that this would be an instance of an EM phenomenon is unlikely." 

That is true because EM deals with Phones, radios and television NOT biological life forms. Bio-EM would be more of a suitable approach.

"The reason is that the claims"

If you are referring this thread theory making claims, then you are mistaken. i never may claims. ONLY speculations.

"They do not appear to be related to time. It doesn't seem to be a human only ability. It does not seem to be an ability that is permanent. It comes and goes. It doesn't always appear to be correct. It's not that it can't be interpreted properly. It is that the message received is not what was sent."

Like i said before, if the idea of psychic abilities is tested from a different approach instead of the paranormal perspective, then it may be possible to find an answer to a possible psychic ability being permanent or not and if it can be done by will and also possible measurements

• The topic was locked