Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Aten34

Science may have proof of psychic abilities

1,186 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

third_eye
7 hours ago, Aten34 said:

To go further in detail spiritual practices such yoga, qigong, tai-chi, and etc all deals with the form of meditation that allows the practitioner to fill up the Dantian, dan t'ian, or tan t'ian with chi energy. Once the practitioner completely fills ups the dantian , the user would be able to project the chi throughout of the body and outside the body. The Dantian is located below the navel right below the belly button. THIS COULD BE LINK TO the enteric nervous system or intrinsic nervous system. 

You must note that the ones that use the English language like that is by and large using the English language to communicate whatever there is there to them that they can use to communicate what they are trying to express, it does not give any form of veracity to anything or any of what they are trying to say. In short it is someone who is not proficient with English using woo language to speak to woo believers. It is an exercise in futility if not outright folly. Try to achieve what they are telling to practice and there is only one way and that way is fail, while all the other options is to fail miserably

Even in the Language of where the beliefs originated, in its original language, is hard enough to provide the accurate expression of what they mean to say. It is beyond and out side the confines of what language in words can apply the full essence of meanings to.

There is nothing to project 'chi' as there is no body for the chi to project from or to or outside of because 'the Dantian' is not a place or a location or a thing. Its like saying - to pull a splash of a cloud that was a drop of rain the previous year out of the vast ocean .

Word is not it , just as a word , any word cannot be anything but words. In simple terms, it is no more than "immersing in the chamber pot of the Masters trying to savor the banquet they had the previous day" as the Zen Masters would say with most distaste.

~

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
21 minutes ago, Habitat said:
25 minutes ago, joc said:

Our bodies contain alkaline reserves and will fight to re-balance any deviations of fluctuating levels.

What specifically ? 

Alkaline reserve. the additional amount of sodium bicarbonate that the body produces to maintain a normal arterial pH (7.35 to 7.45) when the carbon dioxide level increases as a result of hypoventilation. The alkaline reserve is maintained by the kidneys, which control the excretion of bicarbonate ions in urine.
link
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
3 hours ago, joc said:

Actually you said that you could definitely change the Alkalinity of the body....which is incorrect.

Our bodies are designed to operate within a very narrow pH range, which is around 7.365, which is slightly alkaline. 
Our blood is the most important, and therefore most protected, pH measurement. Even a minor fluctuation in our blood’s pH creates distress signals. The blood pH basically never shifts very much – a pH level of 6 would already mean we’re in a coma.
So in order for blood to effectively act as a medium of oxygen and other vital nutrients, the pH needs to be close to this specific range. This slightly alkaline balance is maintained and ensured by the work of our kidneys. They filter out any excessive acids in our system and excrete them in urine. Our bodies contain alkaline reserves and will fight to re-balance any deviations of fluctuating levels.
LINK

 

Everything you've stated is in fact correct. However in order for the body to constantly maintain that balance, when the body becomes more acidic or alkaline, it pulls store minerals and dumps it into blood, to re balance the ph levels, however if you constantly is on a overly acidic diet and your body runs out of those stored minerals, then you are going to stress out the balance system and your body is no longer going have the stored minerals it needs in order to keep that balance, it soon start pulling minerals from the bone marrow in order to keep that balance and thats where acidic diseases start to develop, such joint pain, muscle deterioration, arthritis, diabetes, etc. These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis.

Edited by Ankhael
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
3 hours ago, Horta said:

Most things that have an electromagnetic field don't operate as an "antenna" in any useful way though. Why should humans? If humans or other critters do, exactly how do they do it?

Why would we have evolved speech and telepathy? Wouldn't that be like evolving both the ability to sense photons and an echo location system?

The brain generally runs at around 4 - 30 hz, so why can't we receive such transmissions via machines? Is a telepathic carrier frequency required? How are the power requirements met that would allow such transmissions to cover large distances, and where could we measure such power being dissipated? It isn't happening in the brain, it runs at about 20W and EEG indicates only comparatively minute electrical activity. Where is this telepathic transmission taking place/being sent from, specifically?

 

No, it doesn't explain anything about telepathy at all. It simply draws comparison via over simplified explanations of em radiation an electron theory, in ways that probably aren't relevant to biology and humans in particular, as a basis for unbacked claims. Why has no one ever demonstrated such abilities under controlled conditions? 

What "blockages" are you talking about? Who measured them, what did they compare such measurements to?

 

Why wouldn't rubber soles be better, if they insulate the so called telepathy "antenna" from ground?

 

In practice from what I have seen, you'll lose a lot of weight, get weaker and probably require iron supplements to ward off anaemia. I endorse not using other species the way we do, but the sad fact is that most people find a diet containing at least some meat healthier, because we are omnivores.

 

 

3 hours ago, Horta said:

Most things that have an electromagnetic field don't operate as an "antenna" in any useful way though. Why should humans? If humans or other critters do, exactly how do they do it?

Why would we have evolved speech and telepathy? Wouldn't that be like evolving both the ability to sense photons and an echo location system?

The brain generally runs at around 4 - 30 hz, so why can't we receive such transmissions via machines? Is a telepathic carrier frequency required? How are the power requirements met that would allow such transmissions to cover large distances, and where could we measure such power being dissipated? It isn't happening in the brain, it runs at about 20W and EEG indicates only comparatively minute electrical activity. Where is this telepathic transmission taking place/being sent from, specifically?

 

No, it doesn't explain anything about telepathy at all. It simply draws comparison via over simplified explanations of em radiation an electron theory, in ways that probably aren't relevant to biology and humans in particular, as a basis for unbacked claims. Why has no one ever demonstrated such abilities under controlled conditions? 

What "blockages" are you talking about? Who measured them, what did they compare such measurements to?

 

Why wouldn't rubber soles be better, if they insulate the so called telepathy "antenna" from ground?

 

In practice from what I have seen, you'll lose a lot of weight, get weaker and probably require iron supplements to ward off anaemia. I endorse not using other species the way we do, but the sad fact is that most people find a diet containing at least some meat healthier, because we are omnivores.

 

I'm am going to answer all of your Questions.. 

Edited by Aten34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
9 minutes ago, Aten34 said:

 

I'm am going to answer all of your Questions.. 

We do recieve transmissions. In fact this is one thing i discuss often here somebody has the technology to send signals to your brain that cause you to respond certain ways . i have seen the patent as well. I am going to find it again when i have time later for reference it might be related.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 hour ago, Ankhael said:

Everything you've stated is in fact correct. However in order for the body to constantly maintain that balance, when the body becomes more acidic or alkaline, it pulls store minerals and dumps it into blood, to re balance the ph levels, however if you constantly is on a overly acidic diet and your body runs out of those stored minerals, then you are going to stress out the balance system and your body is no longer going have the stored minerals it needs in order to keep that balance, it soon start pulling minerals from the bone marrow in order to keep that balance and thats where acidic diseases start to develop, such joint pain, muscle deterioration, arthritis, diabetes, etc. These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis.

Why doesn't the same apply to an over alkaline diet? Shouldn't the over stress the system as well? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkalosis

The diet has very little effect on the pH of the blood. It is a well buffered system that resists changes in pH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_solution

Should this system become diseased, then medical professionals will attempt to reestablish a healthy person by modifying many areas including diet. But, remember diet is not a cure but one of many factors addressed in reestablishing a healthy individual.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Chi or Qi is not electromagnetism. That's pretty simple to understand. There are some that want to pretend they are the same but as Piney pointed out Chi and Qi are spiritual. They can't be detected or measured. They are believed to exist.

Also, the word theory is being used two different ways. In the case of the OP it is used as a speculation. This is confusing in that in science a theory explains facts. 

From the OP: 

Quote

In theory, if one changes his or her "diet" to an electrical alkaline plant base diet, full of mostly raw food; fruits, dark leafy greens and vegetables, One can increase the electric flow in the body which would also increase the electromagnetic field (Aura) around the body.

Here theory is used as a speculation. This is the sort of malarkey being used today to sell alkaline water. It is expensive and has no effect on the body. It's just another diet based on whisical thinking and dressed up in some sort of pseudoscientific blather. Later there is speculation that the aura exists. There is no evidence it exists. There is no evidence that the EM field around a person changes due to diet.

It's one speculation after another connected as if there is some element of truth to anything being stated.

Let's suppose the above quote were true even though it is certainly false. Then the next statement goes not necessarily follow from that statement.

Quote

The body should become more sensitive allowing one to be able to transmit and receive electromagnetic waves carrying information via thoughts, emotions and energy resulting in the abilities known as:

Does cranking up the power make something more sensitive? There is no way of knowing without testing. Without testing it is just speculation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why doesn't the same apply to an over alkaline diet? Shouldn't the over stress the system as well? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkalosis

The diet has very little effect on the pH of the blood. It is a well buffered system that resists changes in pH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_solution

Should this system become diseased, then medical professionals will attempt to reestablish a healthy person by modifying many areas including diet. But, remember diet is not a cure but one of many factors addressed in reestablishing a healthy individual.

The plant base diet is not exactly an alkaline diet. The plant base diet keeps your ph levels balanced versus a standard American diet throws your body out of balance after a while of constantly eating the foods that doesn't hold the minerals that your body needs in order to maintain a healthy ph level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
26 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Chi or Qi is not electromagnetism. That's pretty simple to understand. There are some that want to pretend they are the same but as Piney pointed out Chi and Qi are spiritual. They can't be detected or measured. They are believed to exist.

 

For of all no one said that chi and qi was electromagnetism. The theory is that chi or qi is "electricity". Also on rather it can be detected. There are is alot of the electromagnetic spectrum that we can't detect yet we know exist. Same could be said about chi or qi. Look a documentary about a qi master John Chang, he is one the only qi master studied under scientist. They tried to detect his chi or qi using some standard meter by putting on his skin which i think was very stupid lol. However they took to an unknown hotel just to see if he could use his chi or qi to light a small LED light bulb and he successfully lighted the light bulb with his finger, holding one end of the wire while another one of scientists ground the other end of the wire. We this method they was able to detect chi or qi, because he was able to light the small light bulb, which would theoretically suggest that chi is electrical and that it can be detected.

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
12 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

The plant base diet is not exactly an alkaline diet. The plant base diet keeps your ph levels balanced versus a standard American diet throws your body out of balance after a while of constantly eating the foods that doesn't hold the minerals that your body needs in order to maintain a healthy ph level.

Really? Can you provide anything to support this? A plant diet does not do what you claim. Please provide some support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
Just now, Ankhael said:

For of all no one said that chi and qi was electromagnetism. The theory is that chi or qi is "electricity". Also on rather it can be detected. There are is alot of the electromagnetic spectrum that we can't detect yet we know exist. Same could be said about chi or qi. Look a documentary about a qi master John Chang, he is one the only qi master studied under scientist. They tried to detect his chi or qi using some standard meter by putting on his skin which i think was very stupid lol. However they took to an unknown hotel just to see if he could use his chi or qi to light a small LED light bulb and he successfully lighted the light bulb with his finger, holding one end of the wire while another one of scientists ground the other end of the wire. We this method they was able to detect chi or qi, because he was able to light the small light bulb, which would theoretically suggest that chi is electrical and that it can be detected.

Electricity is electromagnetism. There is a wild eyed speculation not based on facts that chi or qi is electricity. There is no limit to the range of EM spectrum that we can't detect. You made a false claim. 

No. It is not silly to use equipment to detect a signal as claimed by the person. Failure to detect simply tells us that the claim made by the person is wrong.

Please provide who these scientists are. Frankly, I don't believe this is true. The light up the light bulb story tells me this is just another fake story by someone that pretends qi is real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Electricity is electromagnetism. There is a wild eyed speculation not based on facts that chi or qi is electricity. There is no limit to the range of EM spectrum that we can't detect. You made a false claim. 

No. It is not silly to use equipment to detect a signal as claimed by the person. Failure to detect simply tells us that the claim made by the person is wrong.

Please provide who these scientists are. Frankly, I don't believe this is true. The light up the light bulb story tells me this is just another fake story by someone that pretends qi is real.

Electromagnetism is produced buy electricity not directly it. 

I said it silly due to the lack of metals leads on the body that would conduct the energy in order for it to be pick up by a multimeter.

 

Here's the documentary 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
11 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

Electromagnetism is produced buy electricity not directly it. 

I said it silly due to the lack of metals leads on the body that would conduct the energy in order for it to be pick up by a multimeter.

 

Here's the documentary 

 

@stereologist in this video, john chang, a qigong master said himself that Qi is electricity..

Edited by Aten34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
22 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

Electromagnetism is produced buy electricity not directly it. 

I said it silly due to the lack of metals leads on the body that would conduct the energy in order for it to be pick up by a multimeter.

 

Here's the documentary 

** snipped video **

 

EM is the force that has two forms: electricity and magnetism. One of the ways in which this force is evidenced is the flow of charged particles which is electricity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism

Electricity is an EM phenomenon.

Electric charge is motion is electricity. That charge might involve metals and it might not. A solution involving an ionic compound dissolved in water can conduct electricity. No metals need be involved.

All it takes is charge in motion. The solar wind is an example of moving charge and a moving charge is electricity.

It is silly to assume metals must be involved to detect electricity with a current detection device.

I did not other to look at the documentary because I don't need to to understand electricity. I've taken a number of courses in physics and in electrical engineering. Is there anything in particular that this documentary shows that might be of interest. Please be specific with where in this 17 minute video someone should look

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
46 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Really? Can you provide anything to support this? A plant diet does not do what you claim. Please provide some support.

Pay very close to what this Doctor says in the beginning if you use common sense, not to offend you, you would realize that the minerals from food is what the body uses to keep the ph levels balanced. Even though he doesn't mention the plant base diet, he does confirm that ph levels are determined by diet when it comes to what part of the body you are referring too.

 

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

EM is the force that has two forms: electricity and magnetism. One of the ways in which this force is evidenced is the flow of charged particles which is electricity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism

Electricity is an EM phenomenon.

Electric charge is motion is electricity. That charge might involve metals and it might not. A solution involving an ionic compound dissolved in water can conduct electricity. No metals need be involved.

All it takes is charge in motion. The solar wind is an example of moving charge and a moving charge is electricity.

It is silly to assume metals must be involved to detect electricity with a current detection device.

I did not other to look at the documentary because I don't need to to understand electricity. I've taken a number of courses in physics and in electrical engineering. Is there anything in particular that this documentary shows that might be of interest. Please be specific with where in this 17 minute video someone should look

 

The documentary isn't about electricity it was in response to you asking about the scientist studying john chang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
19 minutes ago, Aten34 said:

@stereologist in this video, john chang, a qigong master said himself that Qi is electricity..

You are telling me that John Chang is a phony. Qi is not electricity. If it were electricity then it could be detected and measured.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You are telling me that John Chang is a phony. Qi is not electricity. If it were electricity then it could be detected and measured.

 

If you watch the whole they was able to pick up readings off of his arm, also they was able to pick up his qi from lightning up an LED bulb which counts as something that can be measured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
7 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

Pay very close to what this Doctor says in the beginning if you use common sense, not to offend you, you would realize that the minerals from food is what the body uses to keep the ph levels balanced. Even though he doesn't mention the plant base diet, he does confirm that ph levels are determined by diet when it comes to what part of the body you are referring too.

** snipped video **

 

This is a someone from quack watch isn't he? He is a crank with unscientific views. You need to get better sources for your information.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Ankhael said:

If you watch the whole they was able to pick up readings off of his arm, also they was able to pick up his qi from lightning up an LED bulb which counts as something that can be measured.

The light bulb was a trick you fell for. qi is not electricity. It is an imaginary idea with no supporting evidence. 

It falls under the general category of vitalism which is seen in many forms. It is called prana, qi, animal magnetism, and other names. None of these things exist except in the imaginations of people. None of these are real.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

This is a someone from quack watch isn't he? He is a crank with unscientific views. You need to get better sources for your information.

Lmao what is fact, you don't trust the doctor then you can read same information from wikipedia. Which article is written by non physicians lol. We provide it evidence and yet you refuse to look at which that you had a biased view coming into this thread. If you are not going to look at what we present then there is no point in continuing to give info that you request if you are going to cherry pick info that you feel should be look at. You have proven that you have a biased view.

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
10 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

The documentary isn't about electricity it was in response to you asking about the scientist studying john chang

Please tell me the name of the scientists.  

Here is a thread at U-M years old that already tells that chang is a phony.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Please tell me the name of the scientists.  

Here is a thread at U-M years old that already tells that chang is a phony.

 

The scientists are giving in the documentary, go look at and you will know their names. Again You keep requesting info that we present but you refuse to look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Ankhael said:

Lmao what is fact, you don't trust you read same information from wikipedia. Which article is written by non physicians lol. We provide it evidence and yet you refuse to look at which that you had a biased view coming into this thread. If you are not going to look at what we present then there is no point in continuing to give info that you request if you are going to cherry pick info that you feel should be look at. You have proven that you have a biased view.

LMAO that you fall for this drivel from people that can't even read and understand studies in peer reviewed journals.

You might think quite falsely that my information is from wikipedia but that is as wrong as your trust in Glidden. Gidden is the person making all sorts of claims such as chemotherapy doesn't workk when the study he references states exactly the opposite.

You proven you are as gullible as can be and have nothing more than an appeal to someone's educational past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
Just now, stereologist said:

LMAO that you fall for this drivel from people that can't even read and understand studies in peer reviewed journals.

You might think quite falsely that my information is from wikipedia but that is as wrong as your trust in Glidden. Gidden is the person making all sorts of claims such as chemotherapy doesn't workk when the study he references states exactly the opposite.

You proven you are as gullible as can be and have nothing more than an appeal to someone's educational past. 

Lmao i don't if hes a quack job. But what he specifically stated about the subject is correct just use google search engine, its simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.