Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Aten34

Science may have proof of psychic abilities

1,186 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

stereologist

If we continue to the next section of the same wikipedia page we continue to learn that all of these claims about an alkaline diet do not appear to be true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet#Alternative_medicine

Quote

While it has been proposed that this diet can help increase energy, lose weight, and treat cancer and heart disease, there is no evidence to support any of these claims.

Quote

It has been proposed that this diet will increase "energy" or treat cardiovascular disease; there is no evidence to support these assertions.

Sure there are claims. Sure there are people with degrees making these claims, but the claims are nothing more than unsubstantiated tales. Testing doesn't appear to support any of these stories.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I see you did misread the wikipedia page. You simply made an invalid inference that was not of the wikipedia page.

Diet was not mentioned on the page and you decided that didn't matter or that at the very least you'd make an unfounded speculation.

Let's go back to what actually is posted int he wikipedia. I also posted the quote.

It states right there, "The idea that these diets can materially affect blood pH for the purpose of treating a range of diseases is not supported by scientific research and makes incorrect assumptions about how alkaline diets function that are contrary to human physiology." There is no scientific research supporting these diet claims. Just as you misunderstood what was posted, other people do as well. Diet does not affect the pH. 

 

Sigh smh...... the article does not mention diet because it has indicated it. metabolic is dealing with metabolism. metabolism is the process of which the body digest and process food. food is what you eat. what you eat is your diet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
11 minutes ago, Aten34 said:

Sigh smh...... the article does not mention diet because it has indicated it. metabolic is dealing with metabolism. metabolism is the process of which the body digest and process food. food is what you eat. what you eat is your diet....

You were wrong and I pointed that out. I provided clear concise proof that you were wrong. No problem. Just move forward.

Metabolism is more than what you state. It also has the ability in the body to prevent changes in pH as the process of food digestion occurs. 

So please correct your problem. Let me repeat what you are avoiding:

"The idea that these diets can materially affect blood pH for the purpose of treating a range of diseases is not supported by scientific research and makes incorrect assumptions about how alkaline diets function that are contrary to human physiology."

That's pretty clear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

The next section of the article continues to point out the fallacious claims of the alkaline diet.

Quote

The British Dietetic Association named the alkaline diet one of the "top 5 worst celeb diets to avoid in 2018", branding it as "nonsense".[12]

Because the alkaline diet promotes excluding certain families of foods, it could result in a less balanced diet with resulting nutrient deficiencies such as essential fatty acids and phytonutrients.[1] Many websites and books promoting this diet sell courses of supplements and foods which are unnecessary to purchase even under the diet's own terms.[13] The level of effort needed to use this diet is considered "high" as there are many foods that need to be excluded.

This is under the section titled adverse effects.

The diet and its claims are labeled nonsense.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
38 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The next section of the article continues to point out the fallacious claims of the alkaline diet.

This is under the section titled adverse effects.

The diet and its claims are labeled nonsense.

Dude we already established that the plant base diet is not an alkaline diet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Ankhael said:

Dude we already established that the plant base diet is not an alkaline diet

Did I say it was? No.

I am telling Aten34 that an alkaline diet does not change pH as they claim. They seem to think that the body is unable to regulate the internal pH when presented with alkaline food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
32 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You were wrong and I pointed that out. I provided clear concise proof that you were wrong. No problem. Just move forward.

Metabolism is more than what you state. It also has the ability in the body to prevent changes in pH as the process of food digestion occurs. 

So please correct your problem. Let me repeat what you are avoiding:

"The idea that these diets can materially affect blood pH for the purpose of treating a range of diseases is not supported by scientific research and makes incorrect assumptions about how alkaline diets function that are contrary to human physiology."

That's pretty clear.

I never avoid anything. That statement is FALSE... Scratch alkaline diets. i'm not talking about that.... i'm simply telling you that FOOD affects your pH levels. DOESN'T matter of the diet. Simple as that. i have proving that to you and you avoided it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
5 minutes ago, Aten34 said:

I never avoid anything. That statement is FALSE... Scratch alkaline diets. i'm not talking about that.... i'm simply telling you that FOOD affects your pH levels. DOESN'T matter of the diet. Simple as that. i have proving that to you and you avoided it....

I am pointing out that is false. Diet does NOT affect the internal pH of the person. 

What it will affect is what Piney already pointed out. It affects the pH of the urine.

You have only been able to make an unwarranted and incorrect inference. 

Quote

The role of the diet and its influence on the acidity of urine has been studied for decades

That is from the history section of the alkaline diet page. Notice that I am not making any inferences at all. I am simply posting what is stated.

You can continue reading and learn that the diet change is used to deal with kidney stone formation.

And you did avoid the portion that states unequivocally that the pH of the diet does NOT affect the pH of the blood.

Edited by stereologist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Did I say it was? No.

I am telling Aten34 that an alkaline diet does not change pH as they claim. They seem to think that the body is unable to regulate the internal pH when presented with alkaline food.

But aten34 already acknowledged that earlier in the debate. If you read earlier post. What he is saying now is that food helps the body regulates ph levels. Because most all living things needs food in order to live. I agree that food doesn't drastically changes ph levels such as the so called " alkaline" diet. However if and whenever the body leans more toward one side of the scale then it should, the body grabs the proper "minerals" which it gets from "Food" and dumps into the blood stream to keep the body in balance. So while its true that diet doesn't change the ph level drastically, the body does still need minerals from food in order to internally regulate its ph level on its own by itself.

Edited by Ankhael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
20 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I am pointing out that is false. Diet does NOT affect the internal pH of the person. 

What it will affect is what Piney already pointed out. It affects the pH of the urine.

You have only been able to make an unwarranted and incorrect inference. 

That is from the history section of the alkaline diet page. Notice that I am not making any inferences at all. I am simply posting what is stated.

You can continue reading and learn that the diet change is used to deal with kidney stone formation.

And you did avoid the portion that states unequivocally that the pH of the diet does NOT affect the pH of the blood.

The body in itself needs nutrition to do almost all body functions properly, which is called metabolism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
8 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

But aten34 already acknowledged that earlier in the debate. If you read earlier post. What he is saying now is that food helps the body regulates ph levels. Because most all living things needs food in order to live. agree that food doesn't drastically changes ph levels such as the so called " alkaline" diet. However if and whenever the body leans more toward one side of the scale then it should, the body grabs the proper "minerals" which it gets from "Food" and dumps into the blood stream to keep the body in balance. So while its true that diet doesn't change the ph level drastically, the body does still need minerals from food in order to internally regulate its ph level on its own by itself

 

1 minute ago, Ankhael said:

The body in itself needs nutrition to do almost all body functions properly, which is called metabolism.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
4 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

But aten34 already acknowledged that earlier in the debate. If you read earlier post. What he is saying now is that food helps the body regulates ph levels. Because most all living things needs food in order to live. agree that food doesn't drastically changes ph levels such as the so called " alkaline" diet. However if and whenever the body leans more toward one side of the scale then it should, the body grabs the proper "minerals" which it gets from "Food" and dumps into the blood stream to keep the body in balance. So while its true that diet doesn't change the ph level drastically, the body does still need minerals from food in order to internally regulate its ph level on its own by itself.

That is my position. But Aten34 has specifically stated the following: "diet does indeed change ph levels." That is form post #165. Are you now claiming he didn't post that?

Diet does not change body pH levels. The body guards against that. Diet does change urine pH levels.

Here is the interesting part of the body grabbing minerals.

Here is what you stated about stressing the body. "These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis."

But is that the case? It turns out that the bones are not compromised by changes in urine pH as the body attempts to regulate pH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

The body in itself needs nutrition to do almost all body functions properly, which is called metabolism.

I'm sorry but I think everyone about 3rd grade knows that.

Not sure where you are going with telling me something I've known about for decades.

Edited by stereologist
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aten34
28 minutes ago, stereologist said:

 

That is from the history section of the alkaline diet page. Notice that I am not making any inferences at all. I am simply posting what is stated.

You can continue reading and learn that the diet change is used to deal with kidney stone formation.

And you did avoid the portion that states unequivocally that the pH of the diet does NOT affect the pH of the blood.

"You can continue reading and learn that the diet change is used to deal with kidney stone formation."....

hmmm... Did you that kidney formation is directly link with pH levels of the blood??????

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That is my position. But Aten34 has specifically stated the following: "diet does indeed change ph levels." That is form post #165. Are you now claiming he didn't post that?

Diet does not change body pH levels. The body guards against that. Diet does change urine pH levels.

Here is the interesting part of the body grabbing minerals.

Here is what you stated about stressing the body. "These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis."

But is that the case? It turns out that the bones are not compromised by changes in urine pH as the body attempts to regulate pH.

That is my fault not stating it correctly. that is my bad. i was trying to tell you through metabolism

Edited by Aten34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Aten34 said:

"You can continue reading and learn that the diet change is used to deal with kidney stone formation."....

hmmm... Did you that kidney formation is directly link with pH levels of the blood??????

That is my fault not stating it correctly. that is my bad. i was trying to tell through metabolism

My gosh you are getting this all wrong. Kidney stones form not in the blood but in the urinary system. Diet affects the acidity of urine. Therefore, formation of the kidney stones is affected by diet.

What we digest does not change the internal pH of our bodies. It would be deadly if it did. The body was a superb set of mechanisms to protect the internal environment of our bodies. An acidic or alkaline diet is transformed into food for our bodies without allowing that diet to alter the pH of our bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Here is a study looking at bones and urine pH levels.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/nutritional-disturbance-in-acidbase-balance-and-osteoporosis-a-hypothesis-that-disregards-the-essential-homeostatic-role-of-the-kidney/3EAD569004A55B4AEAA0DAFC30AB5BE6/core-reader

Quote

Several recent human studies have shown that there is no relationship between nutritionally induced variations of urinary acid excretion and Ca balance, bone metabolism and the risk of osteoporotic fractures. Variations in human diets across a plausible range of intakes have been shown to have no effect on blood pH. Consistent with this lack of a mechanistic basis, long-term studies of alkalinising diets have shown no effect on the age-related change in bone fragility. Consequently, advocating the consumption of alkalinising foods or supplements and/or removing animal protein from the human diet is not justified by the evidence accumulated over the last several decades.

This is a scientific study showing that diet does not change the body's pH and it makes no sense to alter your diet to address the pH of the foods consumed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That is my position. But Aten34 has specifically stated the following: "diet does indeed change ph levels." That is form post #165. Are you now claiming he didn't post that?

Diet does not change body pH levels. The body guards against that. Diet does change urine pH levels.

Here is the interesting part of the body grabbing minerals.

Here is what you stated about stressing the body. "These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis."

But is that the case? It turns out that the bones are not compromised by changes in urine pH as the body attempts to regulate pH.

Your mixing things up. The pH level is vaguely different when it comes to different parts of the body. Like the blood, urine, saliva, stomach and possibly lymph fluid. Testing the pH levels of urine is not going to tell you about your bones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 minutes ago, Ankhael said:

Your mixing things up. The pH level is vaguely different when it comes to different parts of the body. Like the blood, urine, saliva, stomach and possibly lymph fluid. Testing the pH levels of urine is not going to tell you about your bones.

No. I am aware that not all parts of the body have the same pH level. It is not "vaguely different". It can be very different. 

Is this an attempt at wiggling out of a failure? 

The simple fact is that diet does not affect the pH of the body, regardless of the pH which is maintained by homeostatis. Urine pH changes and it is not the intent of the body to regulate urine pH.

Testing as I pointed out shows that pH levels of urine are unrelated to the bones. I'll supply that link again.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/nutritional-disturbance-in-acidbase-balance-and-osteoporosis-a-hypothesis-that-disregards-the-essential-homeostatic-role-of-the-kidney/3EAD569004A55B4AEAA0DAFC30AB5BE6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
16 minutes ago, stereologist said:

No. I am aware that not all parts of the body have the same pH level. It is not "vaguely different". It can be very different. 

Is this an attempt at wiggling out of a failure? 

The simple fact is that diet does not affect the pH of the body, regardless of the pH which is maintained by homeostatis. Urine pH changes and it is not the intent of the body to regulate urine pH.

Testing as I pointed out shows that pH levels of urine are unrelated to the bones. I'll supply that link again.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/nutritional-disturbance-in-acidbase-balance-and-osteoporosis-a-hypothesis-that-disregards-the-essential-homeostatic-role-of-the-kidney/3EAD569004A55B4AEAA0DAFC30AB5BE6

Lol I never stated that urine pH levels are related to the bones lol maybe you missed understood my post, and i agree with you in my last post when you brought it up, even though i  was wondering where you got that notion from, that I said that.

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
26 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The simple fact is that diet does not affect the pH of the body, regardless of the pH which is maintained by homeostatis. Urine pH changes and it is not the intent of the body to regulate urine pH.

Diet doesn't affect pH levels, however  diet, it does provide the body with energy and minerals to help regulate the pH. Homeostasis at the end of the day boils down to the energy supply from food. Everything the body does boils down to it needing energy from food to do all the body functions in the first place Including homeostasis.

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Horta
9 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

We do recieve transmissions. In fact this is one thing i discuss often here somebody has the technology to send signals to your brain that cause you to respond certain ways . i have seen the patent as well. I am going to find it again when i have time later for reference it might be related.

Of course we have the "god machine" that affects the brain via electromagnetism, we also know that infrasound affects the brain/nervous system. Our best method of understanding thoughts occurring in the brain at the moment are with fMRI (that uses magnetism among other things). The brain can be affected or stimulated both internally and externally in many ways, and it can also be measured in many ways. These are hardly "transmissions" in any sense that seems relevant to telepathy though.

It's likely that we will be able to send and receive all sorts of transmissions in the future. People are already working on ways to integrate the neocortex with artificial intelligence "wirelessly". The problems have more to do with miniaturisation and that our brain imaging techniques aren't sophisticated enough (yet).

This is very different to naturally occurring "telepathy" though. This claim requires that the brain and nervous system can already send/receive intelligent signals (specifically rf signals are being proposed here) to other brains which can then interpret them as feelings and language, as a way of communicating "wirelessly" and over vast distances. This should be easy to measure, yet no form of telepathy has ever been demonstrated under controlled conditions.

What "transmissions" are you talking about?

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
13 hours ago, Ankhael said:

Everything you've stated is in fact correct. However in order for the body to constantly maintain that balance, when the body becomes more acidic or alkaline, it pulls store minerals and dumps it into blood, to re balance the ph levels, however if you constantly is on a overly acidic diet and your body runs out of those stored minerals, then you are going to stress out the balance system and your body is no longer going have the stored minerals it needs in order to keep that balance, it soon start pulling minerals from the bone marrow in order to keep that balance and thats where acidic diseases start to develop, such joint pain, muscle deterioration, arthritis, diabetes, etc. These diseases play a big role in you messing up and over stress the balance system, because if you no longer eat the foods that holds the minerals that your body can store so that when the ph balance becomes compromised it can grab from those stores and can keep that balance. So if you are constantly on a over acidic diet you eventually overstressed the balance system and then it actually can becomes possible to have an over acidic environment in the body known as acidosis.

And if you breath in enough water...you will die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ankhael
57 minutes ago, joc said:

And if you breath in enough water...you will die.

O....K

Edited by Ankhael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

I wonder if this is what Pre Med is like back in the 70's

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.