Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
JrzGirl

Orb or dust?

96 posts in this topic

JrzGirl

I am posting this on behalf of my best friend. She recently shared with me that she has been experiencing some weird activities in her apartment. She has a small Samsung camera placed in her living room for security purposes. Camera will detect if there is movement and will send a alert to your phone stating Movement has been detected. Which is why she recorded this. She stated she kept getting constant notification about movement being detected, but no one was in the house at the moment. Besides this recording, she had stuff being moved and at some point, thrown. Her youngest child is now currently scared to be in her room, because she states that something scares her. Her oldest child also claimed that his poster was knocked down while he was in his room. She had her son run to her room one evening stating he saw a shadow fly over him. She is very scared about all that is happening, specially since the children are getting scared as well. She has not mentioned anything to kids about ghost to avoid scaring them more. What do you guys think? Any idea what appears in the video? This was currently posted on YouTube by her. Any help or tips would greatly help. Thanks!

Edited by JrzGirl

Carnoferox

Insect.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Thanks 3

Imaginarynumber1

Dust or a bug. I've had a similar camera and would get stuff like this all the time.

• Thanks 2

papageorge1

Given the full story I would say a spirit orb would be the leading candidate for the video. Orbs are the easiest shape that spirits can manifest in (requiring little environmental energy).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Carnoferox
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Given the full story I would say a spirit orb would be the leading candidate for the video. Orbs are the easiest shape that spirits can manifest in (requiring little environmental energy).

What a shock. Papa, if you're going to be immediately supporting the paranormal explanation then make sure it's something more profound than a speck floating past a camera.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

papageorge1
5 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

What a shock. Papa, if you're going to be immediately supporting the paranormal explanation then make sure it's something more profound than a speck floating past a camera.

How do you know it’s a speck floating past a camera?

• Haha 1

Carnoferox
Just now, papageorge1 said:

How do you know it’s a speck floating past a camera?

What's more likely, one of the billions of dust specks or dozens of insects found throughout the common household, or an untestable phenomenon with no physical evidence?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

papageorge1
1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

What's more likely, one of the billions of dust specks or dozens of insects found throughout the common household, or an untestable phenomenon with no physical evidence?

It depends on all the details that can be known about the specific case and the worldview of the commentator. 

My worldview holds that spiritual orbs are not terribly rare and that there is also a materialist bent in many people that will always claim an orb as a material phenomena.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Davros of Skaro

There's something CGI looking about that orb?

I say someone's making stuff up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Carnoferox
Just now, papageorge1 said:

It depends on all the details that can be known about the specific case and the worldview of the commentator. 

My worldview holds that spiritual orbs are not terribly rare and that there is also a materialist bent in many people that will always claim an orb as a material phenomena.

I'll ask the question again: what is more likely, common household components that can be readily observed and leave physical traces, or an unreplicable phenomenon that leaves no physical traces.

• Thanks 1

JrzGirl

This video has not been tampered at all. She has another video showing something similar too. These apartments she lives in were built over some old mobile homes community that was demolished a few years ago. I thought it was dust too, but no dust would move that way. 

• Like 1

GoodReality
25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Orbs are the easiest shape that spirits can manifest in (requiring little environmental energy).

What is this environmental energy exactly?

To the OP, if they're serious about all of this then just continue to record, be logical, and don't let them build this into something it's not. This could easily be dust or a bug, but items being "thrown" wouldn't be so easy to explain

• Like 4

GoodReality
3 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

but no dust would move that way. 

Why not? What would stop the air conditioner causing dust to act like this? 

• Like 3

Davros of Skaro
5 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

This video has not been tampered at all. She has another video showing something similar too. These apartments she lives in were built over some old mobile homes community that was demolished a few years ago. I thought it was dust too, but no dust would move that way. 

You should post these other vids.

• Like 2

papageorge1
3 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

I'll ask the question again: what is more likely, common household components that can be readily observed and leave physical traces, or an unreplicable phenomenon that leaves no physical traces.

I think I answered that question well in my first sentence.

Also motion detectors although not perfect are designed to prevent false alarms. I would assume their software is getting more sophisticated all the time.

• Like 1

JrzGirl
8 minutes ago, MERRY DMAS said:

Well I don’t think the kids would stuff up like that. I’ve known her for manh years and her kids as well. They are not the type of kids to tell stories like this. She did say that she had felt like someone kept watching her and felt uneasy at her previous house. Even her youngest daughter. 

• Like 1

JrzGirl
2 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Why not? What would stop the air conditioner causing dust to act like this? 

She’ve had this camera since she has moved in. Camera would work fine and would notify when there is someone moving in the house, physically. But why would it all of a sudden go off ?

papageorge1
6 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

What is this environmental energy exactly?

Energy taken from the physical environment leaving cold spots, draining batteries, etc..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JrzGirl

I can’t upload the videos, I am guessing it’s too large. 

JrzGirl

Have any of you experienced something like this before? 

Piney
33 minutes ago, MERRY DMAS said:

:yes:

• Thanks 1

GoodReality
16 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

I can’t upload the videos, I am guessing it’s too large. 

Upload it to youtube 

• Like 1

Piney
27 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

That doesn't mean anything.

I'm calling a CGI job. It moves like it was directed with a pointer and I don't feel any woowoo about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JrzGirl
1 minute ago, GoodReality said:

Upload it to youtube 

I will ask her to upload it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JrzGirl
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

That doesn't mean anything.

I'm calling a CGI job. It moves like it was directed with a pointer and I don't feel any woowoo about it. 

With a pointer? Yeah, I don’t think she did that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1