Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb or dust?

JrzGirl

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think I answered that question well in my first sentence.

Also motion detectors although not perfect are designed to prevent false alarms. I would assume their software is getting more sophisticated all the time.

So you think the unreplicable phenomenon that leaves no physical traces is more likely. Why do you even bother portraying yourself as "the skeptic"?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JrzGirl said:

With a pointer? Yeah, I don’t think she did that. 

It doesn't look or act like a real orb. It acts like a CGI dust orb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It doesn't look or act like a real orb. It acts like a CGI dust orb. 

How would a real orb act vs. CGI orb? Please explain. 

They look like balls of light or balls of the absence of. Not black, more like nothing there. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

Is anything directed specifically against any of the children? 

8 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

So you think the unreplicable phenomenon that leaves no physical traces is more likely. Why do you even bother portraying yourself as "the skeptic"?

A skeptic also looks at even normal explanations skeptically. A pseudo-skeptic rarely challenges any normal explanation when the paranormal possibility is out there..

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Is anything directed specifically against any of the children? 

Not understanding your question.

Edited by JrzGirl

2 minutes ago, JrzGirl said:

Not understanding your question.

Is anyone being harassed? 

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

A skeptic also looks at even normal explanations skeptically. A pseudo-skeptic rarely challenges any normal explanation when the paranormal is suggested.

A skeptic fairly considers the evidence and finds the most likely explanation. A paranormalist always defaults to the paranormal explanation even when the evidence suggests otherwise. You are a paranormalist, not a skeptic.

• Like 4

Not that I know of. She had one of her kids witness a phone being thrown 

Nothing in the paranormal world can hurt you unless you let it and she can easily get rid of it by herself. If she wants to.  

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

Nothing in the paranormal world can hurt you unless you let it and she can easily get rid of it by herself. If she wants to.  

How??

Just now, Carnoferox said:

A skeptic fairly considers the evidence and finds the most likely explanation. A paranormalist always defaults to the paranormal explanation even when the evidence suggests otherwise. You are a paranormalist, not a skeptic.

I don’t default to the paranormal, sorry. I only discuss best analysis and likeliness. For example, I don’t claim to know what this orb is - read from the beginning.

How??

With her own belief system. It's not the "tools" involved but the "Power of Intention". Whatever she thinks will work. If she "knows" it will work. It will work. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t default to the paranormal, sorry. I only discuss best analysis and likeliness. For example, I don’t claim to know what this orb is - read from the beginning.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Given the full story I would say a spirit orb would be the leading candidate for the video.

hmm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

hmm

I see consistency in both posts. I don’t default as I analye first.

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t default to the paranormal, sorry. I only discuss best analysis and likeliness. 

That is a complete lie based on your posting history. Even for the most mundane occurrences, such as the video in the OP, you have always supported the paranormal explanation.

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For example, I don’t claim to know what this orb is - read from the beginning.

You do claim once again that the paranormal explanation is more likely than any other.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Given the full story I would say a spirit orb would be the leading candidate for the video. Orbs are the easiest shape that spirits can manifest in (requiring little environmental energy).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

That is a complete lie based on your posting history. Even for the most mundane occurrences, such as the video in the OP, you have always supported the paranormal explanation.

You do claim once again that the paranormal explanation is more likely than any other.

As I said, I analyze on a case-by-case basis as one should.

Sometimes a normal explanation can seem more likely.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

As I said, I analyze on a case-by-case basis as one should.

Sometimes a normal explanation can seem more likely.

Post the link to a thread where you thought a non-paranormal explanation was most likely.

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

Post the link to a thread where you thought a non-paranormal explanation was most likely.

And when I do, you’ll say that one was obviously a wacko. It’s judgment in the end.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

And when I do, you’ll say that one was obviously a wacko. It’s judgment in the end.

Don't make excuses and just post the link. I'm curious to see if you have ever supported a non-paranormal explanation.

Just now, Carnoferox said:

Don't make excuses and just post the link. I'm curious to see if you have ever supported a non-paranormal explanation.

That’ll take researching effort. I’ll find a good example when I have more time.

• Like 1

That’ll take researching effort. I’ll find a good example when I have more time.

If you can't easily find an example, then it's a good sign you're a paranormalist.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Thanks 1