Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does Bigfoot prepare for a winter storm?

Still Waters

35 minutes ago, PrisonerX said:

I'm far from angry. Disappointed would be a better characterization. I do enjoy this though, you have no idea. You're right, I'm not here to enlighten anyone, I'm here to laugh at your expense. 

Okay, so you admit to having zero and just being a forum troll, cool at least we can agree on that.

Your delusions cost me zero, which is the same amount of proof you have provided, zero.

And knowing your type you will jump to get your must have last word...have at it you are dismissed.

12 hours ago, PrisonerX said:

Nice straw man. Go away. 

Continue making **** up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freetoroam said:

They have?  Dare i even ask where you got this from? 

Who has observed them locating hibernating squirrels and bare in mind to do this would take time, so who ever observed this would have had enough time to get it all on camera, please provide that.

I did not notice this mistake. Squirrels do not hibernate.

54 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Yes they do.  See the Arctic Ground Squirrel.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PrisonerX said:

You only know what you're told to know, drone. If you were actually smart enough to consider the possibility you've been fooled, you'd figure out the truth of the matter, and in short order. I'd almost pity people like you, if you weren't so unashamedly arrogant. 

2nd attempt, what do you have to bring to the discussion to back up your side of the topic?

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Squirrels haven't hibernated around here for years, they are out all year long.

I am so sure that if BF was digging into ground to obtain a ground squirrel we would notice the  holes.

The ground freezes down 4 feet and deeper in northern areas.

The woman in question is from NY state. That puts the freeze line down 40 to 50 inches in her area.

http://www.hammerpedia.com/frost-line-map/

Just north of there in VT it is 60 to 70 inches.

I was not thinking ground squirrel because of rock rock overbearing layer of frozen ground.

1 minute ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Squirrels haven't hibernated around here for years, they are out all year long.

I see arboreal squirrels out ll year long. Someone is pretending that BF can dig down through 3 to 5 feet of frozen ground to access a small meal. That's funny isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I see arboreal squirrels out ll year long. Someone is pretending that BF can dig down through 3 to 5 feet of frozen ground to access a small meal. That's funny isn't it?

Digging 3 to 5 feet of frozen ground would be difficult enough with the correct tools, highly unlikely a BF could manage that... even with a spade?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Digging 3 to 5 feet of frozen ground would be difficult enough with the correct tools, highly unlikely a BF could manage that... even with a spade?

I know a BF excuse. They can make themselves tiny. That is wy we never see them in the forest. They hide under leaves or in squirrel holes.

• Haha 2

Okay, so tell me how many acorns an alleged creature the size of bigfoot would need to consume in a day....

Who are the silliest, those that think there is an extant specimen of fauna, that answers to the description of a bigfoot, or those who want to argue with them about it ? Hmmm.....tough choice !

Told my friend Maria about this thread and she replied "be quiet and comb your face" :-D 

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Who are the silliest, those that think there is an extant specimen of fauna, that answers to the description of a bigfoot, or those who want to argue with them about it ? Hmmm.....tough choice !

You forgot the 3rd option for silliest, ;)

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You forgot the 3rd option for silliest, ;)

What, you ? Seems pretty silly to announce other options, but neglect to mention them ! Or you are a pedant who thinks I should have said "sillier"

Edited by Habitat
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What, you ? Seems pretty silly to announce other options, but neglect to mention them ! Or you are a pedant who thinks I should have said "sillier"

I believe you proved beyond doubt you take the title.

Next.

Yikes. People are getting very heated in here.

In order to bring back some semblance of civility into this thread, I'll just make this point:

I think something that is worth pointing out is that there are so many contradicting pieces of evidence but forth by Bigfoot investigators on what Bigfoot supposedly does to make it through winter. Some claim they migrate and have supposed proof of migration:

"This area is just one of the "Bigfoot Alley" areas that has been a suspected migratory path for Sasquatch...The team had a few incidents during their investigation that lead them to believe they had located more than one of the migratory paths used by the creatures." [Source]

"Several expeditions prove the theory of a Bigfoot migration route at high elevations." [Source]

"According to [Tom] Biscardi, the Rocky Mountain Front is known as the “Bigfoot byway” and is a popular migration route for the mythical creature..." [Source]

Others claim they hibernate, though just as many claim they don't (This is a point that is relevant in this post):

"Bigfoot goes into semi-hibernation during colder weather. For one thing he then requires less food." [Source]

"On the other hand, those pro-Yeti observers state that these beasts do not come out much. They hibernate for long, extended periods of time. That's why there are so few sightings." [Source]

And then others say that Bigfoot either makes shelter or takes shelter:

"Although the creature is known for its hirsute nature, Beatty indicated that the Bigfoot's fur may not be enough to protect it from frigid temperatures. As such, she said, "they do den in caves. They go into people's barns sometimes to stay warm in the haylofts and also in abandoned houses." " [Source]

"...one might assume that they have been constructed to offer the beasts a degree of shelter, particularly during the winter." [Source]

"Like all animals, Bigfoot would need to find shelter to survive rainy nights and cold winters." [Source]

And then there's many that just say Bigfoot does what he usually does all the other seasons in the year. I didn't post direct quotes for these since this post already has enough and I tend to over-quote. PM me and I will gladly send sources of these. Of course, hibernating, migrating, and sheltering don't seem to be the case since Bigfoot activity is still reported in during winter months.

Hmm...look at all of these contradictions. It's almost as if all the evidence for these supposed Bigfoot behaviors are extremely limited, incorrect, or simply don't exist. Interesting, isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MaxieRosalee said:

Some claim they migrate and have supposed proof of migration:

And then others say that Bigfoot either makes shelter or takes shelter:

To me, if we are to accept this as a legitimate explanation, it would be easy to confirm with trail cams.   But alas, nothing.

"This area is just one of the "Bigfoot Alley" areas that has been a suspected migratory path for Sasquatch...The team had a few incidents during their investigation that lead them to believe they had located more than one of the migratory paths used by the creatures." [Source]

"Several expeditions prove the theory of a Bigfoot migration route at high elevations." [Source]

"According to [Tom] Biscardi, the Rocky Mountain Front is known as the “Bigfoot byway” and is a popular migration route for the mythical creature..." 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, the13bats said:

Lets see any proof a bigfoot exists much less catches and kills dear...i know you will toss an insult because its all you have.

I tend to agree. Till there is a live, or dead, specimen, people can speculate all they want. But nothing makes it real till then. Similarly people can point out flaws in the speculation, but they also are simply speculating.

I've been called a BF true believer several times. But mainly because I call out people posting BS statements to "prove" Bigfoot isn't real.

Unexplained deer kills happen. Whether from Bigfoot, or poachers, or feral dogs, or whatever... Saying Bigfoot does not eat deer is just as baseless as saying he does.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stereologist said:

I am so sure that if BF was digging into ground to obtain a ground squirrel we would notice the  holes.

The ground freezes down 4 feet and deeper in northern areas.

The woman in question is from NY state. That puts the freeze line down 40 to 50 inches in her area.

http://www.hammerpedia.com/frost-line-map/

Just north of there in VT it is 60 to 70 inches.

I was not thinking ground squirrel because of rock rock overbearing layer of frozen ground.

Serious Question: Do most squirrels back East actually live in the ground? Most on the West coast have nests they build up in the trees.

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Serious Question: Do most squirrels back East actually live in the ground? Most on the West coast have nests they build up in the trees.

Here in Florida they nest in trees as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay, so tell me how many acorns an alleged creature the size of bigfoot would need to consume in a day....

Going off what I could find easily, it would take somewhere around 450 to 500 acorns a day if that's all they ate. Acorns are about 110 calories, but not high in protein content. This is of course that we are going off the premise that BF would consume 40-50,000 calories a day. That daily caloric intake is the rough estimate of a grizzly bears daily intake. So if BF were to be an omnivore, than conservatively somewhere around 100, maybe 200 a day.

This is why I say you would find evidence of the creature occupying a certain area. If the creature as described existed the food supply would dwindle fast, especially if there was a breeding population of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I tend to agree. Till there is a live, or dead, specimen, people can speculate all they want. But nothing makes it real till then. Similarly people can point out flaws in the speculation, but they also are simply speculating.

I've been called a BF true believer several times. But mainly because I call out people posting BS statements to "prove" Bigfoot isn't real.

Unexplained deer kills happen. Whether from Bigfoot, or poachers, or feral dogs, or whatever... Saying Bigfoot does not eat deer is just as baseless as saying he does.

I cannot even imagine a bigfoot running down a deer.    I have lots of deer near me.   They take off running sometimes when we move in the house.   There is not any way for a giant 800 lb creature to sneak up on them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked