Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Opioid Execs ran "a criminal enterprise"

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Earl.Of.Trumps

It's about friggin' time!  It's only been going on for decades.

Next up is the "happy doc" contributor to death and mayhem, the ones that hand out prescriptions like penny candy and then get kick backs from the druggie companies.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey

It was an open secret. Glad to see it's at least made it to court. Now, how many major pushers will actually see jail time? 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
31 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It's about friggin' time!  It's only been going on for decades.

YEAH RIGHT!!!! 

Bring back the firing squad for these scumbags! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
35 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It's about friggin' time!  It's only been going on for decades.

Next up is the "happy doc" contributor to death and mayhem, the ones that hand out prescriptions like penny candy and then get kick backs from the druggie companies.

These are the ones who really fed and supplied the crisis.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

unfortunately they will not see a day in prison, they got money for good lawyers, and they did not personally prescribed unnecessary pills to patients.  i do not see any convictions, unless they plead guilty to lesser charges, pay huge fine to authorities (another criminal enterprise) and be out on probation, or worst case house arrest

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

My missus relies on Oramorph to manage her pain. Sometimes only the strongest drug works.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
54 minutes ago, susieice said:

These are the ones who really fed and supplied the crisis.

Absolutely, Susie. Doctor Feel Good getting rich off of addicting and killing people.

Damn, has this society ever gone morally bankrupt. :wacko:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

Doctors arrived, the real poison of this crime. How and why more aren’t removed for the many families they’ve destroyed is sickening.

They are a plague unto themselves, so let them now feel the pain from the Trans Andover.

A confederate room, not one escaped the ungagged ghost’s dream.

From the moment the horde arrives .... they all fall down.

 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

I actually was in the hospital for 4 days in Dec. As I was being discharged the Dr. Said "Do you want a narcotic?" I said "What? A narcotic?" Dr. "For the pain." Me "No, I'll just take ibuprofen if I need it." 

I just thought....what an odd way to ask!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss

And here we thought greed was good according to some UM members here like @RavenHawk. Everybody here remember this the next time he or anybody else here brings up that "greed is good" in a debate about capitalism.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, Katniss said:

And here we thought greed was good according to some UM members here like @RavenHawk. Everybody here remember this the next time he or anybody else here brings up that "greed is good" in a debate about capitalism.

do you want more money than you have right now? a better car, house, maybe a spouse?  any desire for more IS greed.  just like  anything it is good in moderation. without desire to get more, businesses will not expand.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus

Listened to a podcast about this recently, I believe it’s like a single family or so that has started this opioid epidemic with pharmaceuticals. Even with the knowledge of its addictive properties, even going as far as creating yet another powerful opiod stronger than fentanyl. I believe they even came up with a cure pill for the problem they started in the first place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

Image result for im playing both sides meme oxycotin

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
3 hours ago, aztek said:

do you want more money than you have right now? a better car, house, maybe a spouse?  any desire for more IS greed.  just like  anything it is good in moderation. without desire to get more, businesses will not expand.  

Are those things excess to you, beyond your basic needs to live in today’s modern world? Even so much to the extreme, more than one needs. That it even may cost other people their lives?

This case with this business is no different then a criminal street drug dealer selling deadly drugs to people without a care to those people’s health and lives. Both love money more then anything else in the world, so life becomes cheap and meaningless to them except for their own.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
9 hours ago, Katniss said:

Are those things excess to you, beyond your basic needs to live in today’s modern world?

nope,   who is to tell me what i need and what is excess? you? 

but if you insist, you only need shelter and food\water, the rest is excess. 

businesses, regardless which ones, drug cartel, or a toy factory all want to sell more. nothing wrong  with that, that is how businesses grows, hires more people and builds an economy, 

you seem to be stock on moral factor and absolutely wrong concept of "need" it is not your call to say what a person needs and what he does not.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
6 hours ago, aztek said:

nope,   who is to tell me what i need and what is excess? you?

 

The jury and the judge, if your attempted gain of excess = greed hurts or cost peoples their lives in the process.

Quote

but if you insist, you only need shelter and food\water, the rest is excess. 

You left out the basic needs of healthcare and education in a modern world. Those are not extreme excess = greed and does not cost people their lives.

Quote

businesses, regardless which ones, drug cartel, or a toy factory all want to sell more. nothing wrong  with that, that is how businesses grows, hires more people and builds an economy, 

Except drug cartels do it at the expense of other peoples lives. It can be said the same for toy companies too, if they don’t recall defective toy products that could potentially harm children and continue to sell them for gain of profit. When greed hurts or cost people their lives, there is no justification for the sake of business growth no matter how a person spins it or tries to justify it.

Quote

you seem to be stock on moral factor and absolutely wrong concept of "need" it is not your call to say what a person needs and what he does not.

Once again it is the judge and jury’s call, when that person’s needs becomes excess = greed and cost people their lives. So it goes beyond a moral factor, it should be against the law and is.

The only time greed is good is when everybody at any time on the entire planet wins and lives to tell about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
14 minutes ago, Katniss said:

The jury and the judge,

uh, nope, it is not a trial. court is not making a list of allowed possessions in a free country, so my question is the same who are you to tell me what i need and what i do not need?

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
15 minutes ago, Katniss said:

 

Except drug cartels do it at the expense of other peoples lives. It can be said the same for toy companies too, if they don’t recall defective toy products that could potentially harm children and continue to sell them for gain of profit. When greed hurts or cost people their lives, there is no justification for the sake of business growth no matter how a person spins it or tries to justify it.

 

if someone dies, it is a crime,  and it has to be taken care of by court,   the rest is the same, both want to make more and expand, i do not see what your point is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
31 minutes ago, Katniss said:

 

You left out the basic needs of healthcare and education in a modern world. Those are not extreme excess = greed and does not cost people their lives.

 

those are luxuries, you do not need that,  billions of people around the world do not have that, and survive. figure out a way to stay healthy,  if you want to get education,  get it yourself if you have what it takes, no one owes you an education and a healthcare, those are services, no one owes you their services, last time we had it, it was called slavery,  nor you have a right on either, check the bill of rights.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
2 hours ago, aztek said:

uh, nope, it is not a trial. court is not making a list of allowed possessions in a free country, so my question is the same who are you to tell me what i need and what i do not need?

Well then your question becomes moot. The main part of this discussion has really nothing personally to do with you, if you didn't cost someone their life for gain of profit. That's why I keep reiterating that point, followed by it being up to a jury and judge.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

if someone dies, it is a crime,  and it has to be taken care of by court,   the rest is the same, both want to make more and expand, i do not see what your point is here.

At the cost other people's lives when they do so? That was my whole point. You didn't get the gist of that in my post? I'm sorry, I guess I can't clarify it anymore to you.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

those are luxuries, you do not need that,  billions of people around the world do not have that, and survive. figure out a way to stay healthy,  if you want to get education,  get it yourself if you have what it takes, no one owes you an education and a healthcare, those are services, no one owes you their services, last time we had it, it was called slavery,  nor you have a right on either, check the bill of rights.

If you could explain to me, why you think a completely disabled person or a person born sick does not need any kind of healthcare or should figure out a way to stay healthy? And why a mentally challenged person does not need some kind of education to survive and understand the fast pace modern world he or she lives in? Would you please be so kind to help me understand that? I would like to know why we should leave fortunate people so helpless or to die.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
On 2/13/2019 at 8:18 AM, skliss said:

I actually was in the hospital for 4 days in Dec. As I was being discharged the Dr. Said "Do you want a narcotic?" I said "What? A narcotic?" Dr. "For the pain." Me "No, I'll just take ibuprofen if I need it." 

I just thought....what an odd way to ask!

Not everyone is susceptible to to these substances. If anyone in the medical community really cared, they would look for a genetic marker for who might be more or less susceptible, not postmortem.

In this age of Death, he has arrived to bring them more, with most doctors a measured poison, they are cut down like straw in that place, so that only the fire remains.

 

 

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
Posted (edited)

First Lady scolds journalists for being more interested in character assassinations than in the "opioid crisis" that is killing Americans, from every walk of life, every day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/melania-trump-closes-be-best-tour-shots-media-n979636

"The widow of late rocker Chris Cornell, who died by suicide in May 2017 at the age of 52, traveled to Capitol Hill on Monday to speak to Congress about the opioid crisis and the impact addiction has on families in the United States and around the world.

Though Cornell’s death was ruled a suicide, Vicky has stated in the past that she believes that the side effects of the prescription drug Ativan — which can cause worsening depression and thoughts of self-harm in rare cases — may have impacted Cornell."

At People mag: https://people.com/music/chris-cornell-congress-opioid-crisis/

"Learn about the opioid epidemic in the United States, including information about treatment and recovery from opiate addiction."

At Harvard Uni Online Learning: https://online-learning.harvard.edu/course/opioid-crisis-america

Edited by Eldorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

Opioids may be getting all the headlines and cause the worst effects but they are far from being the only way drug companies harm people.  The media is saturated with ads for drugs for every inconvenience.  Got dry eyes, itchy skin, short eyelashes, pimples, thinning hair?  There's a drug for that.  They are pushed constantly on a public that is being encouraged towards an unobtainable sense of perfection.  Each one comes with a list of possible side effects that are typically worse than whatever they're trying to treat.  Many of the warnings for minor ailments contain the phrase "sometimes fatal".  Many also warn of "thoughts of suicide".  There may be no one around to intervene when those thoughts come to mind.  Then there are the drugs designed to lessen the effect of other drugs, which only add to the chemical cocktail swirling through people's veins.  I've noticed recently the warning "do not take (this) if you're allergic to it or any of it's ingredients".  Like we'd know the ingredients.  It's the ultimate CYA statement.  No matter what happens it's the patient's fault for taking something they were obviously allergic to. It seems like the drug companies have figured out that one lawyer is worth a lab full of chemists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Related news...

"Purdue Pharma, the drug-maker owned by the billionaire Sackler family, has reached a $270m settlement in a lawsuit which claimed its opioids contributed to the deaths of thousands of people.

As part of the deal, the US firm will fund a new centre to study addiction.

Purdue is one of several firms named in the claim which alleged they used deceptive practices to sell opioids."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47710332

At the AP: https://www.apnews.com/f8f8c4a76dc041879fed913b27836f8c

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.