Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Silver pill-shaped UFO filmed near Greensboro

135 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

esoteric_toad

Talk about trying to find something to call a UFO. That has to be a lens artifact or simply the effect of zooming too much with digital zoom and not optical. I'd venture to say if you zoomed that much with anything pointed at the sky you would likely find many

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Looking like a Street light...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllPossible

It's a flying AA Duracell battery

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

For one i tried to watch to video and didn't even see the balloon... Which for once i would say it actually is a weather balloon... And for two i thought everybody knew that balloons deflate/pop when they hit a certain elevation.

Also... Is that a string hanging from it?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

looks a bit like Coanda effect aircraft,  i build those when i was a kid. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
3 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Talk about trying to find something to call a UFO. That has to be a lens artifact or simply the effect of zooming too much with digital zoom and not optical. I'd venture to say if you zoomed that much with anything pointed at the sky you would likely find many

Nah that’s not a fair statement. It’s not a lens issue on his camera. He clearly says he saw it before he deployed his camera. Just accept that it’s a UFO.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
22 minutes ago, aztek said:

looks a bit like Coanda effect aircraft,  i build those when i was a kid. 

 

Hey show me a picture of what you mean because when I googled it I couldn’t find anything similar to this particular cylindrical object being described as an Coanda effect aircraft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Hey show me a picture of what you mean because when I googled it I couldn’t find anything similar to this particular cylindrical object being described as an Coanda effect aircraft.

it is not cylindrical, it's more like a donut,  few frames show that.  i never took pics of the ones i build, it was about 30 years ago.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is not cylindrical, it's more like a donut,  few frames show that.  i never took pics of the ones i build, it was about 30 years ago.

 

The object in the picture looks cylindrical to me. It’s described by the dude that saw it as cylindrical. It’s cylindrical. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

The object in the picture looks cylindrical to me. It’s described by the dude that saw it as cylindrical. It’s cylindrical. 

donuts look like cylinders from one angle,  look again you see when it turns you see a circle and possibly  a fan.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
4 minutes ago, aztek said:

donuts look like cylinders from one angle,  look again you see when it turns you see a circle and possibly  a fan.

LOL... Have you also any face tattoos?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Captain Risky said:

LOL... Have you also any face tattoos?

are you off your meds again?   

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Just accept that it’s a UFO.

how do you know it's flying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know it's flying?

The dude and his wife looked up to the sky and saw it. Then they took a photo of it... in the sky. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The dude and his wife looked up to the sky and saw it. Then they took a photo of it... in the sky. 

the F in ufo could be for floating.. if flying it means it's moving under its own steam so to speak...

so i'll rephrase the question:

how do you tell if it's flying or floating just by looking at a picture?--- because according to you we should except it as a ufo............

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hawken
11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

the F in ufo could be for floating.. if flying it means it's moving under its own steam so to speak...

so i'll rephrase the question:

how do you tell if it's flying or floating just by looking at a picture?--- because according to you we should except it as a ufo............

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object by it's very definition. But as usual people associate it with something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
15 minutes ago, Hawken said:

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object by it's very definition. But as usual people associate it with something else.

imo the vast majority of footage of something in the sky that's called a ufo is floating= that's when it's not CGI of course;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

vast majority of ufo footage is so crappy it could be anything.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hawken
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

imo the vast majority of footage of something in the sky that's called a ufo is floating= that's when it's not CGI of course;)

Floating, flying whatever. It's still unidentified.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Looks like a balloon to me. People often launch solar balloons for kicks, although they are black. Still, this could be filled with a lighter than air gas, or just air that was heated somehow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 minute ago, aztek said:

vast majority of ufo footage is so crappy it could be anything.

yep.. plus my neighbour's 12-year-old boy would have filmed this so-called ufo without a problem, yet this guy who uses cameras regularly it seems= can't!

oh well, at least he didn't use the usual pathetic excuses like: 'the battery run out:sleepy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

could be a sky lantern, they come in many shapes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Floating, flying whatever. It's still unidentified.

it can stay unidentified for all i care because it aint going to be anything weird & wonderful

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

I've sussed it...

F0412605-01.jpg

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.