Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silver pill-shaped UFO filmed near Greensboro

UM-Bot

Talk about trying to find something to call a UFO. That has to be a lens artifact or simply the effect of zooming too much with digital zoom and not optical. I'd venture to say if you zoomed that much with anything pointed at the sky you would likely find many

• Thanks 1

For one i tried to watch to video and didn't even see the balloon... Which for once i would say it actually is a weather balloon... And for two i thought everybody knew that balloons deflate/pop when they hit a certain elevation.

Also... Is that a string hanging from it?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Talk about trying to find something to call a UFO. That has to be a lens artifact or simply the effect of zooming too much with digital zoom and not optical. I'd venture to say if you zoomed that much with anything pointed at the sky you would likely find many

Nah that’s not a fair statement. It’s not a lens issue on his camera. He clearly says he saw it before he deployed his camera. Just accept that it’s a UFO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

looks a bit like Coanda effect aircraft,  i build those when i was a kid. 

Hey show me a picture of what you mean because when I googled it I couldn’t find anything similar to this particular cylindrical object being described as an Coanda effect aircraft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Hey show me a picture of what you mean because when I googled it I couldn’t find anything similar to this particular cylindrical object being described as an Coanda effect aircraft.

it is not cylindrical, it's more like a donut,  few frames show that.  i never took pics of the ones i build, it was about 30 years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is not cylindrical, it's more like a donut,  few frames show that.  i never took pics of the ones i build, it was about 30 years ago.

The object in the picture looks cylindrical to me. It’s described by the dude that saw it as cylindrical. It’s cylindrical. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

The object in the picture looks cylindrical to me. It’s described by the dude that saw it as cylindrical. It’s cylindrical. 

donuts look like cylinders from one angle,  look again you see when it turns you see a circle and possibly  a fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

donuts look like cylinders from one angle,  look again you see when it turns you see a circle and possibly  a fan.

LOL... Have you also any face tattoos?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know it's flying?

The dude and his wife looked up to the sky and saw it. Then they took a photo of it... in the sky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The dude and his wife looked up to the sky and saw it. Then they took a photo of it... in the sky. 

the F in ufo could be for floating.. if flying it means it's moving under its own steam so to speak...

so i'll rephrase the question:

how do you tell if it's flying or floating just by looking at a picture?--- because according to you we should except it as a ufo............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

the F in ufo could be for floating.. if flying it means it's moving under its own steam so to speak...

so i'll rephrase the question:

how do you tell if it's flying or floating just by looking at a picture?--- because according to you we should except it as a ufo............

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object by it's very definition. But as usual people associate it with something else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawken said:

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object by it's very definition. But as usual people associate it with something else.

imo the vast majority of footage of something in the sky that's called a ufo is floating= that's when it's not CGI of course;)

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

imo the vast majority of footage of something in the sky that's called a ufo is floating= that's when it's not CGI of course;)

Floating, flying whatever. It's still unidentified.

• Like 1

Looks like a balloon to me. People often launch solar balloons for kicks, although they are black. Still, this could be filled with a lighter than air gas, or just air that was heated somehow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

vast majority of ufo footage is so crappy it could be anything.

yep.. plus my neighbour's 12-year-old boy would have filmed this so-called ufo without a problem, yet this guy who uses cameras regularly it seems= can't!

oh well, at least he didn't use the usual pathetic excuses like: 'the battery run out:sleepy:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Floating, flying whatever. It's still unidentified.

it can stay unidentified for all i care because it aint going to be anything weird & wonderful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've sussed it...

F0412605-01.jpg

• Haha 6