Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silver pill-shaped UFO filmed near Greensboro

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

it can stay unidentified for all i care because it aint going to be anything weird & wonderful

No  and I expect in the age we live in now with the explosion of drones available on the public market we can expect more and more photos and videos of strange things and lights in the sky. Some of the big ones have a 2km range. I havent seen any flying saucer shaped drones yet, I should have a look around see if someones making them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I've sussed it...

F0412605-01.jpg

ROFL. 

The video is garbage. The object is only visible for less than a second, and the posted video uses video editing software to repeat the critical second in slow motion. 

It could be ANYTHING. 

Give me an hour with Adobe Premiere, and I could fake that without effort. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gecks said:

No  and I expect in the age we live in now with the explosion of drones available on the public market we can expect more and more photos and videos of strange things and lights in the sky. Some of the big ones have a 2km range. I havent seen any flying saucer shaped drones yet, I should have a look around see if someones making them. 

they have been around for decades, 

Image result for coanda craft

i made those 30 years ago from foam board and cox 049 engine,and simple 2 channel rc , they could be different in shape, but they fly poorly compared to conventional models

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

the F in ufo could be for floating.. if flying it means it's moving under its own steam so to speak...

so i'll rephrase the question:

how do you tell if it's flying or floating just by looking at a picture?--- because according to you we should except it as a ufo............

Bret Jones said... "But after 10 seconds, I couldn't see it in the sky anywhere."

Balloons don't move that fast. 

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Omg guys there's one in my dining room too!

That was my initial thought too. Some kind of balloon. You can even see a feather or rope or something hanging from it.

Didn't we have a similar thread recently that turned out to be a solar balloon? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Bret Jones said... "But after 10 seconds, I couldn't see it in the sky anywhere."

Have you ever tried to watch a balloon at distance? Not hard to lose sight/focus against the sky. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

what moves that fast?

before i go on any further have both of you read the article and viewed the video? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

before i go on any further have both of you read the article and viewed the video? 

yep

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep

okay then doesn't Bret Jones clearly state that he knows what a ballon is and that its not a ballon. it moved to fast to be a ballon. he was there and provided a video to document his experience. what do you have to counter it? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yep, unless there’s a more detailed article? That one didn’t have much at all in it.

The article seems to have paraphrased him inaccurately too: ‘but Jones says the flashing silver and gold lights make him think otherwise’. Did he ever say he thought they were flashing lights? Or just that he saw flashes?

Again, looks like a balloon, acts like a balloon, seems to have a tether of some sort.

Have you watched the 4K version of the footage?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

okay then doesn't Bret Jones clearly state that he knows what a ballon is and that its not a ballon. it moved to fast to be a ballon. he was there and provided a video to document his experience. what do you have to counter it? 

yeah he does state that, you got me there... so i'll ask again:

what moves that fast?

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You’re reading a lot more than is in that article.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yep, unless there’s a more detailed article? That one didn’t have much at all in it.

The article seems to have paraphrased him inaccurately too: ‘but Jones says the flashing silver and gold lights make him think otherwise’. Did he ever say he thought they were flashing lights? Or just that he saw flashes?

Again, looks like a balloon, acts like a balloon, seems to have a tether of some sort.

Have you watched the 4K version of the footage?

i watched the 5 plus minute video posted with the article. Bret Jones seems calm and credible. he says it wasn't a ballon. his video shows something that quickly pops into view on a clear day and moves away just as fast. I'm sure i'll disappoint a few on this post but I'm going with Bret on this one. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

You’re reading a lot more than is in that article.

how so?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what moves that fast?

don't know mate. for all we know it could be a flying tampon. but i don't think its a ballon. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what moves that fast?

A balloon caught in an updraft ?

don't know mate. for all we know it could be a flying tampon. 

therefore it could be a balloon

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Essan said:

A balloon caught in an updraft ?

do you really care what it was? imo it's nothing <unatural> to us... if some want to believe it's anything other than this then why not? Enjoy, that's all i can say ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

therefore it could be a balloon

no. a jet powered tampon. 

• Haha 2

no. a jet powered tampon. 

your words:

. what do you have to counter it? 

was it a jet do you think? moves faster than a balloon- does it not?..

so it was a jet then? what do YOU think? or do you want to carry on acting like a 12 year old? it's your choice

• Confused 1

@Rolltide.. you seem to be confused a lot... 

if you've got something to say then say it!

Edited by Dejarma

3 hours ago, aztek said:

they have been around for decades, 

Image result for coanda craft

i made those 30 years ago from foam board and cox 049 engine,and simple 2 channel rc , they could be different in shape, but they fly poorly compared to conventional models

Very cool, thanks for the info!

6 hours ago, Hawken said:

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object by it's very definition. But as usual people associate it with something else.

Sure its unidentified and seems the cameraman is sold its not of this earth, so what? That doesnt make it proof aliens are  visiting us by more than a few degrees.

No, this doesnt at this point look CGI or a filming artifact to me, it does appear to be in the sky but there is zero way to gauge size because there is zero way to prove how far from the camera it is. Nothing suggest to me it has a power source.

I find the teather interesting and even perhaps a major clue, all kinds of floating items, ahem, balloons ranging from toys to blimps have a teather, or "string" places like car lots use fairly large floating objects as advertising gimicks the idea is to attract attention and these break away or are released more than some might think.

Thomas F. Mantell died chasing what was very likely a skyhook balloon he mistook for something else and i see no reason not to believe the object this guy shot was nothing more than some earthly object floating by.

• Like 1