Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silver pill-shaped UFO filmed near Greensboro

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Sure its unidentified and seems the cameraman is sold its not of this earth, so what? That doesnt make it proof aliens are  visiting us by more than a few degrees.

No, this doesnt at this point look CGI or a filming artifact to me, it does appear to be in the sky but there is zero way to gauge size because there is zero way to prove how far from the camera it is. Nothing suggest to me it has a power source.

I find the teather interesting and even perhaps a major clue, all kinds of floating items, ahem, balloons ranging from toys to blimps have a teather, or "string" places like car lots use fairly large floating objects as advertising gimicks the idea is to attract attention and these break away or are released more than some might think.

Thomas F. Mantell died chasing what was very likely a skyhook balloon he mistook for something else and i see no reason not to believe the object this guy shot was nothing more than some earthly object floating by.

Me personally, I don't think the cameraman was referencing it to be anything out of this world. I heard him say he didn't know what it is. 

I did hear him say UFO (once) but again that means Unidentified Flying Object (by it's very definition)

• Like 1

I was going on my personal take on his denouncing it being a balloon unless thats proven to him in a way he accepts, he didnt sound open minded to me, also he spent a long time editing narrating hyping his video, just my take not trying to sell what i believe to anyone.

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

I was going on my personal take on his denouncing it being a balloon unless thats proven to him in a way he accepts, he didnt sound open minded to me, also he spent a long time editing narrating hyping his video, just my take not trying to sell what i believe to anyone.

Well he did say he told his wife and she said ' oh yeah, again' so obviously hes on the lookout.... not that theres any problem with that. But I agree with your statement about him, I think the want to see something abnormal clouds some peoples judgment. 

There are countless accounts like that its pretty rabid in the ghost hunter circles.

People set out to film something so they do.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, Nnicolette said:

For one i tried to watch to video and didn't even see the balloon... Which for once i would say it actually is a weather balloon... And for two i thought everybody knew that balloons deflate/pop when they hit a certain elevation.

Also... Is that a string hanging from it?

I looks like it has shadows...how could it have shadows if it was in the sky....photoshop....

23 hours ago, Gecks said:

No  and I expect in the age we live in now with the explosion of drones available on the public market we can expect more and more photos and videos of strange things and lights in the sky. Some of the big ones have a 2km range. I havent seen any flying saucer shaped drones yet, I should have a look around see if someones making them. 

And anything can be remotely 'dropped' from a drone and then videoed.  I once made a killer paper airplane and launched it via a garbage bag filled with helium.  It was 'just barely attached' with a paper clip.   The wind caught it and whoosh it was gone...never saw it again...lol.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2019 at 9:05 AM, Captain Risky said:

i watched the 5 plus minute video posted with the article. Bret Jones seems calm and credible. he says it wasn't a ballon. his video shows something that quickly pops into view on a clear day and moves away just as fast. I'm sure i'll disappoint a few on this post but I'm going with Bret on this one. 

My bold

It does not, it shows a distant object with the camera focusing on and losing focus on the object. It happens twice and only lasts ~0.5 seconds each time. The video does not show it moving at all.

On 02/02/2019 at 9:06 AM, Captain Risky said:

how so?

Your previous quote is a good example. Completely misinterpreting the video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Looks like a glass fuse to me.

It does, the more i watch the video the worse it gets, im a gear head my car is a 1969 with old glass fuses by the early 80s they were phasing out glass fuses and you got me thinking  it also looks like some dome light bulbs, still being used in some cars, and other lighting.

20190202_182624.jpg.6089840919641fd075add1bc17fc4123.jpg20190202_182600.jpg.3da2677e6498b3ba227e240d8047a07f.jpg20190202_182531.jpg.d90cab5a4890b0851adce63451aafc5d.jpg

Heres the full fleet....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

my car is a 1969

Cool! What you got? :)

30 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Cool! What you got? :)

69 corvette..dont get the wrong idea about me, i rebuilt it, modded, still a few months away from driver,  im a car guy who likes vettes not a T.A.C.O.

This threads "craft" isnt the first time a car part was likely mistaken as a ufo,

McMinnville ufo, truck rear view mirror

images(31).jpg.1a7e130182719ff6d8db8d2186686729.jpgimages(32).jpg.771fa123f6bc062afaa1c67b8c525fc8.jpg

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

69 corvette..dont get the wrong idea about me, i rebuilt it, modded, still a few months away from driver,  im a car guy who likes vettes not a T.A.C.O.

This threads "craft" isnt the first time a car part was likely mistaken as a ufo,

McMinnville ufo, truck rear view mirror

images(31).jpg.1a7e130182719ff6d8db8d2186686729.jpgimages(32).jpg.771fa123f6bc062afaa1c67b8c525fc8.jpg

Off topic but We just finished replacing the entire front clam on a '70 vette. Had been resprayed in a coarse metallic blue at some point and was a b***** to colour match and had some interesting shapes in the fenders to paint, not to mention the dip in the L88 hood. Theyre beautiful cars but I can never get past how cramped they feel in the driver's seat. 

• Like 1

I dont want to highjack the topics here to gear head talk, so heres my direct email for car chat,

The13bats@aol.com

I made my front clip tilt/removable, My car is bb flared, L88, the idea is old road racer look. Im 6 ft 2 and just feel cozy in there.

Back on topic, i believe i have proof exterestials are here and more than one type,

I grabbed this shot just moments ago this is the first time i have posted it to the general public, its undeniable....

20190202_210142-744x744.jpg.fd048f8b075ea08004c5e5ca582a41e1.jpg

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Back on topic, i believe i have proof exterestials are here and more than one type,

what are you on about?

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

what are you on about?

Huh?

I was trying to be campy and posted a pic, my ufo and 2 aliens...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

It does, the more i watch the video the worse it gets, im a gear head my car is a 1969 with old glass fuses by the early 80s they were phasing out glass fuses and you got me thinking  it also looks like some dome light bulbs, still being used in some cars, and other lighting.

20190202_182624.jpg.6089840919641fd075add1bc17fc4123.jpg20190202_182600.jpg.3da2677e6498b3ba227e240d8047a07f.jpg20190202_182531.jpg.d90cab5a4890b0851adce63451aafc5d.jpg

Heres the full fleet....

Nice. I think the glass fuses I saw were when I opened a 1950s radio and looked inside it.

• Like 2

So, this guy's a wildlife enthusiast.  He's got a $3.5K camera with a large telephoto lens of very high quailty, and that was it?

Maybe it was his first time 'out'.  Maybe his confident smooth narration belies a complete lack of experience.  Maybe he hasn't thought that getting some basic photography lessons would help in his hobby...

Of course his dam camera won't autofocus when he's pointing at the sky with nothing of any contrast, and while he's searching by wobbling it wildly around with the lens inexplicably (and stupidly) zoomed right in.....  He doesn't know that?  He doesn't realise he can (no, SHOULD) use manual focus and set his camera to infinity or just back a touch?

Sorry to be harsh, but really?

I also agree that the shadows all look wrong, and I suspect this MUST be a hoax/troll.  The fact that there are only one or two frames that are vaguely clear means that the content is questionable (jpeg compression can mess with single frames - you need a couple to start to be sure..), so any analysis would be a waste of time.  Zooming it up 900% like he has, has also guaranteed that a lot of the appearance of the 'thing' is simply false data made up by the enlarging algorithm - we could be looking at sharpening/contrast halos rather than the true appearance.

Waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I had a buddy, rip he would tell peoole he was a "professional" photographer and he did get paid for his work a time or two, his real paying job was dishwasher, bar back, he had a 3k camera and all kinds of gear, that he loved to boast about. His shots were mediocre at best, some just garbage trying to do sexy shoots that were just cheesy, his real motivations was to tell silly bar fly girls he could make them models...if they would...you get the idea, not saying all are like him but it still jaded my view.

When i first watched the video of this thread it didnt look cgi to me but rather he hung or the teather is supporting the object, i could reproduce it fairly well if at the risk of sounding pompous not better by hanging a dome light bulb from a tree and using my phone.

Im not saying the photographer didnt experence and capture an alien or secret human craft he very well may have but im not using this as any scientific or credible proof.

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 1

I had a buddy, rip he would tell peoole he was a "professional" photographer and he did get paid for his work a time or two, his real paying job was dishwasher, bar back, he had a 3k camera and all kinds of gear, that he loved to boast about. His shots were mediocre at best, some just garbage trying to do sexy shoots that were just cheesy, his real motivations was to tell silly bar fly girls he could make them models...if they would...you get the idea, not saying all are like him but it still jaded my view.

When i first watched the video of this thread it didnt look cgi to me but rather he hung or the teather is supporting the object, i could reproduce it fairly well if at the risk of sounding pompous not better by hanging a dome light bulb from a tree and using my phone.

Im not saying the photographer didnt experence and capture an alien or secret human craft he very well may have but im not using this as any scientific or credible proof.

Are you trying to say that Bret Jones only carry’s an expensive camera because he’s trying to screw aliens?

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Are you trying to say that Bret Jones only carry’s an expensive camera because he’s trying to screw aliens?

No, im not trying to say anything...

I see you cherry picking and ignoring where i ended that story with "not saying all are like him" ( like my buddy used his photography )

I dont know bret jones i have no clue what his intentions or motivations are, i do feel a lot of people on this forum could take a better video with their phones,

Now i must question you, do you believe some people do carry cameras in hopes of getting lucky with ET? That thought never crossed my mind.

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

...do you believe some people do carry cameras in hopes of getting lucky with ET? That thought never crossed my mind.

Oooh- oooh - Sir, Sir, pick me, pick me....!!!

I am one of those people..... (Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed..)

OK, I'm not really expecting anything to be ET, but the sky (and its occupants, from interesting cloud formations, to large birds, to RC aircraft/drones, real aircraft, choppers... you name it) fascinates me, and I *almost* always have my camera available in my car.

To be specific, my camera is an 16Mp Sony Alpha 57 DSLR, usually mated to either a Tamron all purpose zoom lens, or my beloved 'big beercan' Minolta 75-300 tele-zoom, giving me quick access to an effective focal length of 450mm.  That's about the same view you get in 10 x binoculars..  With it I can take imagery like this:
med_gallery_95887_13_13964.jpg

(Note I was deliberately NOT focusing on the ibis, and also that's not full zoom..!)

Problem is, nothing I couldn't identify has sprung into view.  Perhaps that is because I (like every other similar-minded person, apparently), am incredibly unlucky... or perhaps it's just that I'm very good (modesty permits!) at identifying stuff, and I *have* a really good pair of 10x50 binoculars which makes identifying really easy...

At some point in the not too distant future, here I hope to post a pile of examples of images taken on a cheap mobile phone (but using good techniques) and others taken on my DSLR for comparison.

• Thanks 1

That is a nice shot,

I have no idea who gets offended at what i wasnt at all trying to offend any photographers out there with my story my buddy wasnt bashful about his agendas with photography, he wasnt always that way it just sort of progressed over the years, many times i tried to talk him into taking pictures of anything else and he had a zillion excuses.

To me its telling you carry a great camera, all ready and know how to use it yet do not have pictures you cant identify, so many ufo, bigfoot, ghosts etc are simply in the minds of the viewer, and grainy, out of focus blurry crap is so much easier to see things in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

No, im not trying to say anything...

I see you cherry picking and ignoring where i ended that story with "not saying all are like him" ( like my buddy used his photography )

I dont know bret jones i have no clue what his intentions or motivations are, i do feel a lot of people on this forum could take a better video with their phones,

Now i must question you, do you believe some people do carry cameras in hopes of getting lucky with ET? That thought never crossed my mind.

The article clearly states he was out bird watching.

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The article clearly states he was out bird watching.

Yeah, weird that a bird watcher/photographer cant propely work his camera and get a goods clear useful video,