Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China's hypersonic railgun 'ready by 2025'

UM-Bot

Bull crap... 

Now they actually need a navy.:whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I thought they already had it ready?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

Hmmm... I'm kinda reminded of all those sci-fi predictions (mostly in comics, it has to be said) from the 1950's, that predicted that - by 1990 - we would all be using flying cars. 

A functional, militarily useful rail-gun by 2025 ? Methinks the Chinese are dreaming :) 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I thought they already had it ready?

What it is is propaganda for the same reason they are now kissing Japan's ass.  Their navy and air force in far bigger, far more advance and the constitution now says they can attack. 

50 minutes ago, aztek said:

seems like they already have a navy.

Counting out of date and worthless ships.  Japan's navy is far more powerful and advanced hands down. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-japans-navy-the-best-asia-not-china-24201

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

Counting out of date and worthless ships.  Japan's navy is far more powerful and advanced hands down. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-japans-navy-the-best-asia-not-china-24201

maybe however they have more ships than japan can sink, 100x times more people to lose, than japan.   

quantity is a quality in itself

1 minute ago, aztek said:

maybe however they have more ships than japan can sink, 100x times more people to lose, than japan.   

quantity is a quality in itself

Not according to Sun Tzu 

China killed thousands of their own civilians trying to flood Japanese soldiers out and still didn't beat the Empire.

So when did any Asian nation, or Russia ever defeat Japan?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not exactly long range.....

of course not, it's a homemade toy at best. but the concept is the same, and pretty simple.  according to my grandfather in law, former ussr  officer, ussr experemented with the concept in 70-80s. collapse of the union ended it

biggest issue was the lifespan, those guns destroy their barrel ,coils  after few shots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

same can be said about Afghanistan, yet we keep trying.   thou not sure how it relevant to china's ability to build rail gun. they build space ships, seems like rail gun or a ship is a lot simpler task

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not according to Sun Tzu 

China killed thousands of their own civilians trying to flood Japanese soldiers out and still didn't beat the Empire.

that is  not  very very little, now china can sacrifice tens of millions,  or hundreds if shtf, how many can japan?

Edited by aztek

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

same can be said about Afghanistan, yet we keep trying.   thou not sure how it relevant to china's ability to build rail gun. they build space ships, seems like rail gun or a ship is a lot simpler task

Their one carrier is a Russian junker they are reverse engineering to build another one. They stole Japans high speed train tech and keep derailing them 

• Like 1

quoted from article:

While the US has also been working on its own top secret railgun program for years

it's not a secret= there are Fin youtube videos on it!

who wrote this crap?

• Confused 1

Just now, Piney said:

Their one carrier is a Russian junker they are reverse engineering to build another one. They stole Japans high speed train tech and keep derailing them 

yes, but they have plenty of rust buckets to send on a last voyage and 1,6B people.  whether they stole a design or not, not that important.  ussr copied majority of weapons during ww2  they were just as deadly a sif they developed themselves.

china figured no point to spend effort to research if you can steal, or license.  it does not make it any less deadly.

that is  not  very very little, now china can sacrifice tens of millions, how many can japan?

You need to read Sun Tzu and about something called "Japanese intelligence skills" and something called a "Shin Shin". Japan doesn't have to sacrifice lives.

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

same can be said about Afghanistan, yet we keep trying.

Because Americans aren't following Sun Tzu. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

You need to read Sun Tzu and about something called "Japanese intelligence skills" and something called a "Shin Shin". Japan doesn't have to sacrifice lives.

japan would not exist today if it was not allied with usa after ww2 and no sun tzu would change that.   times changed, 1 missile can wreck havoc in sun tzu tactic. sure some of it still valid, and some no longer is. we've come long way in 2500 years

japan would not exist today if it was not allied with usa after ww2 and no sun tzu would change that.   times changed, 1 missile can wreck havoc in sun tzu tactic. sure some of it still valid, and some no longer is. we've come long way in 2500 years

It wasn't "allied" it was a "occupation" to keep the Russians  and Chinese out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

i will, thanks, you made me very interested now.

maybe we do not follow it cuz you can't apply it everywhere every time,   sun tzu was brilliant strategist, but i'm not sure if he was politician, every war is politics first

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

It wasn't "allied" it was a "occupation" to keep the Russians  and Chinese out. 

exactly, japan would be speaking chinise and russian now if it was not for usa. also i'm sure Chinese generals read sun tzu as well.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

i will, thanks, you made me very interested now.

We'll just say it was a good idea putting my grandfather and Uncle Jimmu in the camps. :whistle: