Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School Superintendent Insurance fraud

Gromdor

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

She wouldn't have even had to commit a crime in the first place if the US would simply provide healthcare to all of it's people like literally every single other developed country on earth.

oh *** do you check facts ever??? he is a minor eligible for medicaid, aka free healthcare, if his parents applied, apparently they did not, or she would not need to lie, so not US fault.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

oh *** do you check facts ever??? he is a minor eligible for medicaid, aka free healthcare, if his parents applied, apparently they did not, or she would not need to lie, so not US fault.

Obviously his parents failed him on a number of fronts. But regardless of whether his parents failed to sign him up or not, this wouldn't have happened at all under a single-payer system. He would've automatically been signed up under any other system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Obviously his parents failed him on a number of fronts. But regardless of whether his parents failed to sign him up or not, this wouldn't have happened at all under a single-payer system. He would've automatically been signed up under any other system.

As a minor, no he wouldn't.

• Like 2

Regardless, there are only so many times one can bash their brains into a brick wall discuss politics with Trump supporters without getting brain damage. I'm done for the day. 

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

in that system he'd have to wait weeks for app. unless you brought into ER, but then even here now everyone brought  into er gets service. regardless of insurance, illegals are giving births 300k a year and never pay a penny, why do you think hospitals charge you $25 for a single advil pill. because your insurance will pay, or they will send you a bill, and put you on collection if you do not pay, they can't collect from illegal whose real name they do not know.

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

As a minor, no he wouldn't.

If something happened to the parents, (death, incarceration) a guardian should have been appointed. He would have to be at least 16 yrs old to be emancipated. If he was living by himself, it also makes me wonder who was paying for the house and the utilities. Even if he had a job, the hours he could work and the kind of work he could do is regulated until he turns 18.

His living alone is not mentioned in any article. The first clinic refused to treat. That's why she lied at the second one. A parent or guardian must notified and give consent before a minor can be treated. The school should have notified them. They have to have a contact person in a student's file.

Or did she know this boy was alone and covered that up? I don't think a lot of this story was ever told.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

She wouldn't have even had to commit a crime in the first place if the US would simply provide healthcare to all of it's people like literally every single other developed country on earth. Yet because such bare-basic necessities are denied to the American people, some resort to illegal measures to meet their basic needs.

It's no different than conservatives having people work minimum wage jobs that can't pay their bills, then being shocked when someone resorts to criminal activity to meet the needs that aren't being met through their paycheck.

People need food, water, shelter, and healthcare; and if the only means to obtain such basic necessities is through criminal activity, that's a sign that the system is broken. Not that the people who break the law to meet those basic needs are in the wrong.

Blah, blah, blah.....That isn't the discussion at hand. What she did was not only against the law and risked her own family's health and safety, but it was completely unnecessary as he would have been treated anyway. Far from being a hero, she was stupid and now she, and they,  will have to live with the consequences of her actions...because that's what grown up people have to do when they make mistakes. 

• Like 3

Luke 14 NIV One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. There in front of him was a man suffering from abnormal swelling of his body. Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?” But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him on his way.

Then he asked them, “If one of you has a child[a] or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?” And they had nothing to say.

Given this clear instruction, it amazes me that so few break this law. 

7 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I'm guessing the parents weren't physically present, and that the boy was living alone ? After all, why was the school supervisor concerned that the boy might be put into foster care ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm guessing the parents weren't physically present, and that the boy was living alone ? After all, why was the school supervisor concerned that the boy might be put into foster care ? 

See, that's odd in itself. A school must, by law, have a contact person listed in a student's file in case of emergency. There had to be someone's name given. I already put all this in post #81. He couldn't be emancipated, he was too young. He should have had a guardian if he didn't have parents.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Luke 14 NIV One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. There in front of him was a man suffering from abnormal swelling of his body. Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?” But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him on his way.

Then he asked them, “If one of you has a child[a] or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?” And they had nothing to say.

Given this clear instruction, it amazes me that so few break this law. 

as a Jew i can tel you yes you can, under extraordinary circumstances a Jew can work on Saturday, drive during Sabbath, not fasting during yom kippur if health condition does not allow..  

Therefore, if enemies attack Israel, it is a mitzva to wage war against them even if this will endanger lives and require Shabbat desecration. Indeed, Rambam rules: “There is a mitzva incumbent upon all capable Jews to come to the aid of their brothers who are under siege, and to save them from non-Jews on Shabbat; they may not delay until after Shabbat…” (MT 2:23).

Similarly, if it is known that enemies or terrorists are planning to attack Jews, it is a mitzva to attack them in order to deter them. If there is a strategic objective served by attacking them on Shabbat, we attack on Shabbat (Heikhal Yitzĥak, OĤ 37:3; Amud Ha-yemini §16; see Rema 329:6).

Edited by aztek

17 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I won't repeat myself. There's really no need for suspicion.

So if your 15 year old was getting clothes bought for them, house cleaned for them and medical care provided for them by a teacher of the opposite sex, you would not check his texts?   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aztek said:

as a Jew i can tel you yes you can, under extraordinary circumstances a Jew can work on Saturday, drive during Sabbath, not fasting during yom kippur if health condition does not allow..  

Therefore, if enemies attack Israel, it is a mitzva to wage war against them even if this will endanger lives and require Shabbat desecration. Indeed, Rambam rules: “There is a mitzva incumbent upon all capable Jews to come to the aid of their brothers who are under siege, and to save them from non-Jews on Shabbat; they may not delay until after Shabbat…” (MT 2:23).

Similarly, if it is known that enemies or terrorists are planning to attack Jews, it is a mitzva to attack them in order to deter them. If there is a strategic objective served by attacking them on Shabbat, we attack on Shabbat (Heikhal Yitzĥak, OĤ 37:3; Amud Ha-yemini §16; see Rema 329:6).

I believe I was making a humanitarian argument, not a political one.

Just now, Raptor Witness said:

I believe I was making a humanitarian argument, not a political one.

l guess you did, and now we have both arguments about Sabbath here. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

So if your 15 year old was getting clothes bought for them, house cleaned for them and medical care provided for them by a teacher of the opposite sex, you would not check his texts?   

I think the overall point here was that the boy's parents weren't properly taking care of him in general, so if it were my kid he wouldn't need a teacher's assistance with such things in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I think the overall point here was that the boy's parents weren't properly taking care of him in general, so if it were my kid he wouldn't need a teacher's assistance with such things in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've already answered your question here Myles. If you're just perpetually confused by people on here then that's your problem.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So.. the teacher - and her husband - could pop around and "tidy his house". 

And where where the parents during this event ? 

Or indeed, any part of the proceedings. 

The teacher was afraid that the kid might be put into foster care. I would suggest that the parents where entirely absent. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So.. the teacher - and her husband - could pop around and "tidy his house". 

And where where the parents during this event ? 

Or indeed, any part of the proceedings. 

The teacher was afraid that the kid might be put into foster care. I would suggest that the parents where entirely absent. 

wait if her husband was involved in cleaning up the house, sex is less likely to be involved, may be they have some kind of relation with the kid's family that does not involve sex with minors. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I've already answered your question here Myles. If you're just perpetually confused by people on here then that's your problem.

No you didn't.

Nice try.

My answer is that I would check his texts.   Would you?

If your 15 year old was getting clothes bought for them, house cleaned for them and medical care provided for them by a teacher of the opposite sex, you would not check his texts?

12 hours ago, aztek said:

wait if her husband was involved in cleaning up the house, sex is less likely to be involved, may be they have some kind of relation with the kid's family that does not involve sex with minors. 

There is no mention of a connection with the kids family. Indeed, there is no mention of father/mother AT ALL. The only 'family member' that has commented on the case is a cousin.

I think he had been abandoned at home, and his parents had fled. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

There is no mention of a connection with the kids family. Indeed, there is no mention of father/mother AT ALL. The only 'family member' that has commented on the case is a cousin.

very possible as well

19 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Then as an adult who knew about it she would have been obligated to tell someone like CPS. Something isn't square with this whole story.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skliss said:

Then as an adult who knew about it she would have been obligated to tell someone like CPS. Something isn't square with this whole story.

Isn't a school administrator or teacher required to report something like that? I really don't know for sure but I would think so.

• Like 2