Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Super blood wolf moon impact mystery solved

UM-Bot

9 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

A cool thing to see... But what exactly is the mystery they speak of?

The mystery of what the object was, how large it was etc.

• Like 2

I watched the eclipse in Terlingua, Texas, after running a 50k race through the desert. It may have been the exhaustion, but it wasn't as spectacular as I was expecting. 

did it hit the Earth or the Moon? A little too turse a report.

A small meteorite struck the Moon. 

I don't know that dark energy enters into this, but all the ordinary matter and anti-matter in the universe is thought to be the remains of the initial mutual annihilation of matter and antimatter. Only 1 part in a billion is supposed to have survived.  Why matter and antimatter didn't completely destroy each other is a rather mysterious problem. One would tend to assume that they were equal in amount and distribution in the primordial universe, so they seemingly should have done this. 

Then, too, why does so very much more matter than antimatter remain, after their mutual annihilation? For the time being, at least, real scientific mysteries. 

Edited by bison

43 minutes ago, MyOtherAccount said:

did it hit the Earth or the Moon? A little too turse a report.

Well if it was seen by people observing the moon what do you think? Also, given that the title of the article is Super blood wolf moon impact mystery solved how many more clues do you need?

The report is not too terse, the report just didn't think that they needed to state the obvious.

3 minutes ago, bison said:

I don't know that dark energy enters into this, but all the ordinary matter in the universe is thought to be the remains of the initial mutual annihilation of matter and antimatter. Only 1 part in a billion is supposed to have survived.  Why matter and antimatter didn't completely destroy each other is a rather mysterious problem. One would tend to assume that they were equal in amount and distribution in the primordial universe, so they seemingly should have done this. 

The dark energy comment is in MyOtherAccount's signature, not their reply.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

'their' is a possesive pronoun that speaks of more than

On 2/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Well if it was seen by people observing the moon what do you think? Also, given that the title of the article is Super blood wolf moon impact mystery solved how many more clues do you need?

The report is not too terse, the report just didn't think that they needed to state the obvious.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

I will reply to you in the manner and style you use.
"MyOtherAccount" is the name of my account not "OurOtherAccount".  That is obvious.  Besides that my profile pix is of only one person and that is of a man, obviously. 
So, why did you say: 
 . "The dark energy comment is in MyOtherAccount's signature, not their reply." 
You should have said:
 . "The dark energy comment is in MyOtherAccount's signature, not his reply."
Perhaps the Oxford chart will familiarize you with proper pronoun agreements.

personal pronoun

possessive determiner

possessive pronoun

I

my

mine

you (singular and plural)

your

yours

he

his

his

she

her

hers

it

its

its*

we

our

ours

they

their

theirs

one

one’s

one’s*

From:  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/pronouns/pronouns-possessive-my-mine-your-yours-etc

Now for a civil response
Furthermore, I did not come into this topic from the mention of the title but for the mention of the subtitle.  Neither of which state asureadly the location of the impact but do nail down the exact time of it.  The time may have been the reason for the mention of the event.  I was also seen by people who were observing the astrological event, but I was not on the moon!

"Super blood wolf moon impact mystery solved"
I remember once before that you have trouble identifying ambiguities.  
ambiguity

noun
 UK  /ˌæm.bɪˈɡjuː.ə.ti/
C2 (an example of) the fact of something having more than one possible meaning and therefore possibly causing confusion