Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man to sue his parents for giving birth to him

UM-Bot

12 hours ago, Nzo said:

This is a very very intelligent individual. The statistics about human suffering are staggering. Absolutely staggering. Do a Duckduckgo search on how many children die everyday from being poor.

Nothing he said was or is erroneous. His parents had him for selfish reasons not in anyway for his benefit. And that can be said about everyone's parents. Its not about hating parents, if that's what you got out of what this person is trying to do, you missed the whole point.

This individual is an idiot. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nzo said:

This is a very very intelligent individual.

About as intelligent as your average 14 year old who whines "I didn't ask to be born" While throwing a fit about having to go to school the first day after summer break is over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

jokes aside he does bring a valid point to the table if you consider that a lot of people have kids just for their own benefit. even more so in overpopulated countries. even worse in places where they are literaly starving to death or other similar situations but they still have kids like nobody's business. suing his parents tho for giving birth to him? yeah... that's actualy stupid.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aniknonymous said:

jokes aside he does bring a valid point to the table if you consider that a lot of people have kids just for their own benefit. even more so in overpopulated countries. even worse in places where they are literaly starving to death or other similar situations but they still have kids like nobody's business. suing his parents tho for giving birth to him? yeah... that's actualy stupid.

He even says he has a great life, so really he's not too bright.   I have a friend from Laos who is the oldest of 14 children.  His parents had  so many so there is enough to beat the infant mortality rate and to use as labor on the farm.  Now that is an example of having kids for your own benefit.  This guy is from a big city and has a happy life so I doubt he was used as slave labor.  In the end he's not completely wrong, parents have children because in the final analysis life is mainly about family so his parents are not in the wrong, he is.  I hope he has children too, that'll shut him up.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aniknonymous said:

I think all, if not accidental, is for the parents benefit.   My wife an I planned to have 2 children and did just that.  It was totally for our benefit because we wanted to be parents.   Not once did we think something like - "We should have children because they will be such a great addition to the world and help everyone and love their life forever".   It was our job as parents to raise them well and give them opportunities.   We succeeded far better than we even thought we could.   1 a college Junior who will graduate with zero debt (scholarships and being an RA) and the other a 10th grader who is in the honors classes and getting all A's.   Both are king and have good heads on their shoulders.   But we didn't have them for anyone's benefit but our own.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think all, if not accidental, is for the parents benefit.   My wife an I planned to have 2 children and did just that.  It was totally for our benefit because we wanted to be parents.   Not once did we think something like - "We should have children because they will be such a great addition to the world and help everyone and love their life forever".   It was our job as parents to raise them well and give them opportunities.   We succeeded far better than we even thought we could.   1 a college Junior who will graduate with zero debt (scholarships and being an RA) and the other a 10th grader who is in the honors classes and getting all A's.   Both are king and have good heads on their shoulders.   But we didn't have them for anyone's benefit but our own.

You B@$+@rd

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, godnodog said:

I want some of that weed, it brings stupid philosophical ideas out

DMT will get you there.

Reading the comments, i would like to point a couple of ideas about what has been said. I noticed some comments lack the basic knowledge of population grow mechanics, suggesting that where children mortality is high people must have less children where the reality is exactly the opposite, said so, having children is not such a selfish act, as humanity already reached the 0 grow of children per capita arround a decade ago less children would mean a more problematic disproportion between young and old people in the near future, especially middle calss intellectuals with little knowledge on population dynamics make this error, not having children or having only one, and doing so they promote the grow of children with less potetial acess to valuable education, resulting in the reduction of the collective intelectual ability. So no I really think the man on the article has misunderstood his own existence.

Edited by Ulx
Tping errors

9 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Good to know, now wtf is DMT?

I honestly don't know. Joe Rogan talks about it alot.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:31 AM, Gecks said:

There is a point to not bringing children into this world, especially in places like Northern Africa where we, in western civilisations, are shown pictures of starving malnourished children and asked for donations to feed them. Places that have problems with disease, famine, poor resources, poor education and sex education. Unfortunate numbers of rape victims as well. Places that unfortunately are now going to repeat that cycle with the next X amount of children that manage to survive. 

However heres my intepretation of 'whats the meaning of life', its to reproduce and allow the continuation of your being. We have 3 children, at no point were they brought into this world for sefish reasons but to allow a life to enter this world and grow and create something of themselves and have the opportunity to experience all the wonderful things this world has to offer. 

This gentleman states he had a good upbringing. If he can only see the negatives and believed selfishness of creating a new life in this world then I'm afraid it's he that is 'missing the point'.

But you did not have to have children. You could have adopted children from a poor country. There are literally tens of millions of them. Hundreds of millions of them when considering other things than being poor. The only reason people decide to have children of their own in my honest opinion is for selfish reasons. Some can say its hubris, my genes are better then yours. One can say a piece of me will exist well after I am gone. etc. To pass on a freaking last name. For cultural reasons. I am getting old and all our friends have kids(the biggest and best one) At no time can you say that you had a child because its for them. You cannot say that because you do not know what their lives will be like. Its your basic gamble. In the end it is the victim(child) that will have to endure all the hardships, the misconceived notions, the brainwashing(mostly by parents and caregivers), the economy, the health problems, getting old etc. etc. And in the majority of cases the parents are bringing in children to live a life worse then they had. In this particular case the culture the man is from is so strongly based on having children(I know this from personal experience) that if you do not have a child, you are literally looked down up on. Like your wasting your time on earth.

I do agree there are times when having children is not a selfish act. That would be when someone becomes pregnant when they do not want to have a child. That's caused by having a selfish act called sex. You could also include rape. But I am off onto a tangent again.

In the end. There is no way to consult a person before they are born and as such there is really no way to ask permission. At the same time, society and people should realize that having children is a selfish act and that their should be REAL CONSEQUENCES for the parents when they bring a child into the world to suffer needlessly.

As for 3rd world nations that cant control themselves. My only suggestion is genetic sterilization using a pathogen like the flu to carry it around. I would use it in first world nations as well given governments are replacing people that do not have children with societies that do, so as to continue our extremely flawed economic systems based on population growth.

There is probably a clear line drawn between those that think like myself and people that have children or look to have children one day. One is reason the other is selfish.

8 hours ago, Nzo said:

But you did not have to have children. You could have adopted children from a poor country. There are literally tens of millions of them. Hundreds of millions of them when considering other things than being poor. The only reason people decide to have children of their own in my honest opinion is for selfish reasons. Some can say its hubris, my genes are better then yours. One can say a piece of me will exist well after I am gone. etc. To pass on a freaking last name. For cultural reasons. I am getting old and all our friends have kids(the biggest and best one) At no time can you say that you had a child because its for them. You cannot say that because you do not know what their lives will be like. Its your basic gamble. In the end it is the victim(child) that will have to endure all the hardships, the misconceived notions, the brainwashing(mostly by parents and caregivers), the economy, the health problems, getting old etc. etc. And in the majority of cases the parents are bringing in children to live a life worse then they had. In this particular case the culture the man is from is so strongly based on having children(I know this from personal experience) that if you do not have a child, you are literally looked down up on. Like your wasting your time on earth.

I do agree there are times when having children is not a selfish act. That would be when someone becomes pregnant when they do not want to have a child. That's caused by having a selfish act called sex. You could also include rape. But I am off onto a tangent again.

In the end. There is no way to consult a person before they are born and as such there is really no way to ask permission. At the same time, society and people should realize that having children is a selfish act and that their should be REAL CONSEQUENCES for the parents when they bring a child into the world to suffer needlessly.

As for 3rd world nations that cant control themselves. My only suggestion is genetic sterilization using a pathogen like the flu to carry it around. I would use it in first world nations as well given governments are replacing people that do not have children with societies that do, so as to continue our extremely flawed economic systems based on population growth.

There is probably a clear line drawn between those that think like myself and people that have children or look to have children one day. One is reason the other is selfish.

Jesus Christ, you’re scary.

• Thanks 3