Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australia's most terrifying haunting -- Guyra

macqdor

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Dingo has singlehandedly destroyed the poltergeist "myth".

no single handedly destroyed macq's statement that they are reported in every culture across the world and dating back centuries.. :D

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

and your point is? 

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

@psyche101

I refuted DingoLingo  days ago. Not my responsibility if DingoLingo cant read books I provided.  

Credibility? Trust me I'm doing ok in that dept.

no.. you didnt.. and as for credibility.. nope.. not that great either mate.. 

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

@psyche101

I have been holding my laughter in for the past few days.  The answers have been staring you in the face for days.   I said every culture has it's own dealing with the poltergeist.  I gave a hint last Sunday I believe when I said 'don't get focus too hard on the word poltergeist.  That's a German word.  That's what the Germans called "noisy ghosts, evil spirits" etc.     

A poltergeist is nothing more than a malevolent spirit.  They have multiple names and multiple titles. But their actions are all the same. 

Hell Raisers

Tricksters Ghosts

Mean spirited

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/poltergeist

........................thats your poltergeist.

oh.. so what your saying is.. poltergeists are any evil spirit or bad spirit.. so your labeling pretty much ever haunting as a poltergeist LOL..

I'm sorry mac.. but you really are a idiot LOL.. 

and no.. poltergiest as you describe do not exsist in aboriginal culture.. so your widening the pool you could say to make it fit.. 

• Thanks 1

But that article said aborigines believed in survival after death, how would they have come to that conclusion, do you think ?

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

But that article said aborigines believed in survival after death, how would they have come to that conclusion, do you think ?

yes they do.. so your saying its because of poltergeists that they believe in life after death?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

yes they do.. so your saying its because of poltergeists that they believe in life after death?

Why not ? Seems plausible. Given that I have no doubts about the existence of this phenomenon, it would be anomalous to my mind, not to be the case.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, macqdor said:

@psyche101

I refuted DingoLingo  days ago. Not my responsibility if DingoLingo cant read books I provided. 

No, you didn't, not even by your loose standards.  And then you clearly made up stories about discussions with elders..

15 hours ago, macqdor said:

Credibility? Trust me I'm doing ok in that dept.

:D :D :D

Yes, we can tell - look at all the converts you have gathered, and all the likes & trophies you get - to quote an orange idiot, you're doing a tremendous, great job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Habitat said:

Do you understand the dreaming part of dreamtime? How spirits live before birth and after death? I understand the concept to be different to the western ideas. When a mother is 5 months pregnant the spirit of the land enters the fetus, and when born, the child is condisered a custodian of the land. I think indigenous people would be scratching heads over your personal proposals. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, macqdor said:

Spirits with a bad attitude.  Your silly. Whole conversation is about spirits, Poltergeist and they go by many names. Never get hung on labels it limits thinking 

@psyche101

Explain it to Hab would you, he seems to have a very different interpretation. 

@psyche101

@Habitat

Keith's elaboration

One of the terms associated with spirits is the word malevolent.  

having or showing a wish to do evil to others.  

malicious, spiteful, hostile, evil-minded, baleful, bitter, evil-intentioned, poisonous, venomous, evil, malign, malignant, rancorous, vicious, vindictive, revengeful, vengeful, pernicious;

Several poltergeist cases on record speak to haunting being evil in nature due to a great wrong being committed.  An injustice. Ex. murder, rape, falsely accused before death, extreme turmoil and strife, affliction, death by disease. Death by genocide, etc.   The energy from these spirits in death has come back to haunt the area i.e. house/land where the wrong was committed.   What the spirit can accomplish in death it could never accomplish in life i.e. the manipulation of objects, bending the laws of physics, etc.    These spirits in EVERY culture. Australia included (the injustice that was done to the original people)  having stories of them revenging the poor, the meek, the weak, the invalid.    That IMO is one of the pillars of the poltergeist.

Spiteful - 

showing or caused by malice.
"the teachers made spiteful little jokes about me"
synonyms: malicious, mean, nasty, cruel, unkind, unfriendly, snide, hurtful, wounding, barbed, cutting, hateful, ill-natured, bitter, venomous, poisonous, acid, hostile, rancorous, malevolent, evil-intentioned, baleful, vindictive, vengeful, vitriolic, vicious, splenetic, malign, malignant, bilious; More

Another pillar under the Poltergeist banner is evil spirits period.  Malevolent spirits who descend upon the scene where major cruelty has occurred.  Why do they descend?  Short answer! Their opportunists.  They want the negative energy left behind.   That's all a poltergeist is IMO.    

Questions?

Edited by macqdor

51 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you understand the dreaming part of dreamtime? How spirits live before birth and after death? I understand the concept to be different to the western ideas. When a mother is 5 months pregnant the spirit of the land enters the fetus, and when born, the child is condisered a custodian of the land. I think indigenous people would be scratching heads over your personal proposals. 

You seem to be granting a status to indigenous "spooks", you deny to those of your own culture, that is becoming obvious !

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

@psyche101

@Habitat

Keith's elaboration

One of the terms associated with spirits is the word malevolent.  

Several poltergeist cases on record speak to haunting being evil in nature due to a great wrong being committed.  An injustice. Ex. murder, rape, falsely accused before death, extreme turmoil and strife, affliction, death by disease. Death by genocide, etc.   The energy from these spirits in death has come back to haunt the area i.e. house/land where the wrong was committed.   What the spirit can accomplish in death it could never accomplish in life i.e. the manipulation of objects, bending the laws of physics, etc.    These spirits in EVERY culture. Australia included (the injustice that was done to the original people)  having stories of them revenging the poor, the meek, the weak, the invalid.    That IMO is one of the pillars of the poltergeist.

Another pillar under the Poltergeist banner is evil spirits period.  Malevolent spirits who descend upon the scene where major cruelty has occurred.  Why do they descend?  Short answer! Their opportunists.  They want the negative energy left behind.   That's all a poltergeist is IMO.    

Questions?

Yes put simply. Dead people or not? 

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

You seem to be granting a status to indigenous "spooks", you deny to those of your own culture, that is becoming obvious !

You're just being deliberately obtuse to cover the fact that you are floundering here. No special status, how do you come to that strange conclusion? I'm outlining the great differences that you are glossing over. 

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You're just being deliberately obtuse to cover the fact that you are floundering here. No special status, how do you come to that strange conclusion? I'm outlining the great differences that you are glossing over. 

I'm not seeing that much difference, once you start introducing the "supernatural", that is the threshold moment, after that it is only  details.

@psyche101

Both!

Energy from the wrong come back to haunt the living. Where the wrong was committed.

Or

Evil spirits. Already in the netherworld descend on that scene like sharks to blood in the water. Carrying out the same action. In a more violent manner. That area is rightfully theres in their minds.

Edited by macqdor

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I'm not seeing that much difference, once you start introducing the "supernatural", that is the threshold moment, after that it is only  details.

Then I'd say you don't want to as the differences are quite obvious, but I'm still puzzled at how you see that as supporting one culture over another. 

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@psyche101

Both!

Energy from the wrong come back to haunt the living. Where the wrong was committed.

Or

Evil spirits. Already in the netherworld descend on that scene like sharks to blood in the water. Carrying out the same action. In a more violent manner. That area is rightfully theresa in their minds.

Mac, that's very vague. 

Both? So dead people and not dead people? 

What spirits, where are you proposing these spirits come from? 

What spirits, where are you proposing these spirits come from? 

I don't know.  Its for me to say where they dont come from?

They dont from the ground?  They dont come from hell(deep beneath the soil).

These spirits (non-human entities) exist like you and me in lower and higher dimensions.  That's me putting it the simplest way possible.

Its where my research and experience has led me to believe.    

@psyche101