Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blocking Users

EU1B1UE

Greetings,

Does this site allow another user to block someone instead of having to nag one of the Admins to look into a situation to come up with a fair solution?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EU1B1UE said:

Greetings,

Does this site allow another user to block someone instead of having to nag one of the Admins to look into a situation to come up with a fair 

Yup. Top right hand corner. Tiny triangle beside user name. Blocked users.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yup. Top right hand corner. Tiny triangle beside user name. Blocked users.

So do you need to click on the users profile to do so or?

You don't have to actually cluck on it, if you point your cursor at their username a box sort of materialises magically with an option for "Ignore user" at the bottom of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lol,  you have only just come back and you want to block users already? :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You don't have to actually cluck on it, if you point your cursor at their username a box sort of materialises magically with an option for "Ignore user" at the bottom of it. 

Well dang, I didn't know that. Thanks Vlad.:) If you're on a tablet, tap and hold.

Edited by Hankenhunter

Just now, seanjo said:

It's a simple statement, very easy to understand...

Just didn't seem relevant to the question 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EU1B1UE said:

So do you need to click on the users profile to do so or?

Hell, give it a ******g try!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I agree with @seanjo on this. 

This is a discussion forum, don't take things personal, enjoy it for what it is or maybe look for another site to join, you have been back two minutes and are wanting to block members already, if you don't like what you read on here, just walk away, if someone gives you an unjustified hard time, report them to the Moderating staff, that's what they are here for.

Just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess it depends how thick skinned you are. I went for years without ever thinking of blocking anyone and then I blocked three all at once. The volume of their nonsense(which bordered on trolling), became unbearable. Blocking means that you can participate in the flow of a thread without the distractions.

Some people here are criticising EU1B1UE for wanting to block people when she's only been back 5mns, but surely, if she's been here before she already knows who she wants to block from previous experience?

• Thanks 6

13 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Lol,  you have only just come back and you want to block users already? :lol:

Needing to know how to get rid of toxic folk when the time comes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I guess it depends how thick skinned you are. I went for years without ever thinking of blocking anyone and then I blocked three all at once. The volume of their nonsense(which bordered on trolling), became unbearable. Blocking means that you can participate in the flow of a thread without the distractions.

Some people here are criticising EU1B1UE for wanting to block people when she's only been back 5mns, but surely, if she's been here before she already knows who she wants to block from previous experience?

^ This! :P Finally someone who actually understands. Thank you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Surely if she has been here before and knows who the 'toxics' are she would have blocked them last time?

I was not meaning to critisise, was just a bit of a joke. Now you have hurt my feelings, i am hurtpressed,  depressed, obpressed, sobpressed,  gobpressed, urm.... impressed? 

I going to block you.

Now where is that blooming thing? 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Ps: obviously i am not going to really block you, but if block me i will report you for unfair blockmissal and will cry.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, GoodReality said:

Just didn't seem relevant to the question 

Oh behave

The question was already been answered,  so we have moved on to discussions,  a bit of banter and i may even throw in some derailing. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just to let freetoroam know that if she is writing anything about me I am completely oblivious to it ...... I blocked her years ago! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Just to let freetoroam know that if she is writing anything about me I am completely oblivious to it ...... I blocked her years ago! :P

I've blocked the user as well :w00t: so I'm not much help there either :whistle:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, seanjo said:

Welp...the OP is asking about blocking people, obviously with the intention of blocking people, I find that silly and frankly childish, so I made the statement that "I have never" blah de blah...seemed pretty relevant to me.

Good for you. Mind you not everyone has the same opinion as you neither did your opinion serve any purpose to my question. Good Day.

Sometimes, blocking isn't because one is thin-skinned, or feeling attacked. I have a user blocked for the simple reason that they post long meaningless rants that add nothing to the discussion at hand.

Why should I have to scroll past 5 or 6 thesis-length posts that valueless to me when it is easier to block them?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sometimes, blocking isn't because one is thin-skinned, or feeling attacked. I have a user blocked for the simple reason that they post long meaningless rants that add nothing to the discussion at hand.

Why should I have to scroll past 5 or 6 thesis-length posts that valueless to me when it is easier to block them?

^ This another good point. Thank you.

As the original question has already been answered, I think we can go ahead and close this down.

If you have any other questions about the forum's functionality, feel free to start a new thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked