Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Midnight243

Sleep Paralysis Dark Clouds

2 posts in this topic

Midnight243

I first got sleep paralysis when I was 14. At first, I had had a strange dream that had frightened me but I wasn’t sure why. I told my mother that I had wrestled something while being pinned down in her bedroom between her bed and her dresser by the door. She looked startled when I told her about my dream, so I inquired about what was wrong. She explained to me that she had had dreams when my older brother(the first born) had first come home from the hospital. She had had dreams she was wrestling with this terrifying “thing” in that exact location of her room. They were recurring dreams and she didn’t know what to do about it. As dreams happen, sometimes we forget them. Well, we forget most of them. So one day, she remembered these dreams and they kept happening. Frustrated, she confided in a coworker about it. He seemed amiss about the whole ordeal and shrugged at her, “just ask it what it wants.” So later that night, she was dreaming once again that she was pinned down by this thing and she realized too late that she had never looked at his face. Angry, she asked it what it wanted, it abruptly stopped and really looked her in the eyes. She described it to me as the most terrifying, sick and twisted face she had ever seen. His mouth was what she really remembered. The teeth being nasty and the smile so wide you’d think it was the joker. He let go of her wrists and laughed at her. To my mothers horror, in this dream she watched as what she thought was sure a demon, strolled right out of the room and towards my brother’s, the newborn. And if anyone on here has ever had a newborn, you know that that child is something precious that you feel the need to protect with your life. My brother started in the world with some serious heart problems. I can’t quite recall atm what this condition or problem is called, but initially he had grown a new aorta(crazy what stem cells can do) and they told my mom that his heart was weaker for it. Well, to make a long story part of a longer story short, after the demon had waltzed into my brothers room, she woke to him crying. She gets up and runs to his room. He didn’t stop crying for ten days. He was diagnosed with a heart disease that will most likely kill him halfway through his life. 

As you can imagine, this story terrified me. Because...it was obviously linked. I saw the look in my moms eye when I mentioned my dream to her and now this!? And I’m 14 at the time. So I’m freaking out a lot. I couldn’t get it out of my head all day at school and when I got back from school, thank god we were out for Christmas break because I didn’t sleep much for days. That night I set up colored Christmas lights in my room, hoping whatever it was that bothered my mom wouldn’t come for me. I felt like I was losing it. I laid in bed, trying not to fall asleep for about an hour, before finally dozing off and noticing the time on the clock. Fifteen minutes passed and I was quite asleep yet. I had lost the sense of movement by this point(it had only been fifteen minutes) But I woke up, because something was petting my head. I still had my eyes closed, but I could feel what felt like a big cold hand on the left side of my scalp. It felt unclean, unpure and disgusting. On top of that(and I know this sounds nuts) but it felt like it had long fingernails.. Sure, I was super paranoid, but I can’t even make this stuff up! I opened my eyes, but to my horror, my left eye was blocked by this blackness. The hand that was once on my scalp retracted. I didn’t dare blink. Soon after noticing it, it glided to my right and that’s when I certainly had a panic attack. I’ve had panic attacks before, but this cloud.. I’m sure it knocked the wind out of me. The cloud was gone after it went out of the range of my peripheral vision. I don’t know where it went but where it moved to my right and there was only a wall there. It took an hour for my paralysis to go away and I went directly to my mom and told her what had happened. I was such a mess of tears and sweat. I was really panicked. Ever since then, I hate colored Christmas lights in my house at night. 

That was my first ever sleep paralysis experience. I encountered many more after, but an exceptional amount when I had a traumatic brain injury. (Probably because I had insomnia, too.) My parents had raised me baptist. So after everything that had happened, they had the whole congregation of our church pray for me. It was actually really comforting, and it worked. The thing didn’t come to bother me again. Since then, i hadnt experienced sleep paralysis with any sort of light in the room so I was unsure of whether or not it was back. 

Until today. This morning, I was in between watching tv and falling asleep on my couch at 9am. I was having a bad morning. I woke up depressed and crying at 6:30 and retreated to the couch. Again, I’d only been asleep for fifteen minutes and I felt something weird. I had a feeling like a knife was being held to my throat. I thought maybe the cat had laid there but when I opened my eyes she wasn’t there. I opened my mouth to yell for my roommate but nothing came out. I moved my “phantom arms” as I like to call them during sleep paralysis, which is where I feel like they’re moving but my arms are actually completely still. Then I looked around, and I saw it. I saw another cloud! It was smaller and not as dark. And it was hovering by my left side on top of the couch. I prayed for god to help me twice and it left. Just. Like. That. Almost immediately I regained the use of my voice and my arms. I sat there for a minute to recompose myself and I got up. I felt so alive. I don’t know how people can be so dismissive about this kind of thing when it consistently happens to people and the only thing that gets rid of them is either terror/fear or prayer. I’ve done my research and I know I’m not the only one. 

• Like 1

preacherman76

Sorry I missed this thread. Very interesting. I have some thoughts I’d like to share with you, but I’m about to take my boys ice skating. 

I’ll probably pm you before the day is out