Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Calm down Stubbly. I'm not telling anybody what to do. I may be judgemental in saying people are pretenders but that's what we all do sometimes.

Now go ahead. Tell me I'm pretending. Tell me I'm pretending when I say it's the main thing in life. Determining ourselves without anyone telling us what God's will is. Determining ourselves with all our mind, all our heart, all our abilities, to find it, to discover it ourselves and then go out and do it. Do God's will. 

You’re the one that sees the pretention not me. I Have no interest in claiming pretense in   others. So, I have no reason to say you are. 

I was asking why you have reason for saying others are. Like I asked, did you take a poll?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You’re the one that sees the pretention not me. I Have no interest in claiming pretense in   others. So, I have no reason to say you are. 

I was asking why you have reason for saying others are. Like I asked, did you take a poll?

Stubbly, have you ever pretended?

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You asked "Can God impose that Will?"

No.

But anyone can choose to do God's will.

And when it comes to God's will, that's the only possible imposition. 

Oh, I forgot to say in my opinion.

How can you choose to be imposed to? 

But anyways in that statement your making a number of assumptions you have no evidence to support. 

Assumption1. There is a God, assumption2. God has a Will, assumption3. If you choose to let him, he can impose that Will upon you, assumption4. That we humans actually have free Will. 

Without saying we are ignorant of the obvious evidence for all these assumptions can you provide anything that resembles actual evidence of your assumptions? 

Edit: I didn't see the "in my opinion" part. So are you looking to discuss your opening post from a purely spiritual perspective, without us demanding sceptical individuals asking you for evidence for everything? 

Or are you happy to answer a question every now and then so your preaching can continue. Often I'd swear you're getting paid by the foundation to post stuff on here. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Now just for fun, do the same thing here.

Shall we try Lord of the Rings next?  ;) 

Anyway, it's all down to context

The true will of God is "be nice".  Is that expressly stated in the UB?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Essan said:

Shall we try Lord of the Rings next?  ;) 

Anyway, it's all down to context

Probably! It says a lot of stuff.....but, it unlike the Gospels is written in Americanlish. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As regards God's true will, I should point out that the "quote" that appears under my avatar pic and details has been there for about 15 years now.   I am not just now making it up :)

Just now, danydandan said:

How can you choose to be imposed to? 

Not imposed to. Imposed on.

Better to have said superimpose.

Superimpose your will on God's will. Make your will the same as God's will.

Here's a sophomoric example. 

Take a toddler. His mom or dad says to him "I want you to stop picking your nose."

The toddler then decides to comply. He superimposes his will to the will of his parents.

That's what this thread topic is about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Essan said:

Hell no. The word nice does not appear in the UB. Not once. 

I think God's will is usually not something humans consider as nice. 

Good yes.

Right yes.

Evil never.

But nice?

9 minutes ago, Essan said:

As regards God's true will, I should point out that the "quote" that appears under my avatar pic and details has been there for about 15 years now.   I am not just now making it up :)

I used to think like you. A lot. 

Then I married this Irish Catholic woman.

She showed me what nice is.

She told me (grabbing me where I have a handle) "You want nice? I'll give you NICE!" :angry:

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not imposed to. Imposed on.

Better to have said superimpose.

Superimpose your will on God's will. Make your will the same as God's will.

Here's a sophomoric example. 

Take a toddler. His mom or dad says to him "I want you to stop picking your nose."

The toddler then decides to comply. He superimposes his will to the will of his parents.

That's what this thread topic is about.

I'm still not understanding why you posted this in this section. Your last sentence indicates that your looking for a philosophical discussion on free will.

Edited by danydandan

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'm still not understanding why you posted this in this section. Your last sentence indicates that your looking for a philosophical discussion on free will.

I'm looking to discuss what the doing of God's will is all about.

That it's fundamental. That sometimes a spanking is forthcoming when God's will is ignored or pretended not to exist. 

Like a toddler experiences as a part of learning to do what his parents know best for him to do. 

Ever meet a child who got his way too much?

It's like hell.

Especially when that child is 87 years old.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'm looking to discuss what the doing of God's will is all about.

That it's fundamental. That sometimes a spanking is forthcoming when God's will is ignored or pretended not to exist. 

Like a toddler experiences as a part of learning to do what his parents know best for him to do. 

Ever meet a child who got his way too much?

It's like hell.

Especially when that child is 87 years old.

So you're not looking to discuss anything on the premise of Spirituality vs Scepticism? 

You are looking for a pure spiritual discussion? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

So you're not looking to discuss anything on the premise of Spirituality vs Scepticism? 

You are looking for a pure spiritual discussion? 

If you are, tell me why you're skeptical about doing God's will. 

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Doing God's will (the will of the universe) does not take anything away from a person's free will. It only adds to it

God is non-duality in Christianity so how does God even have a will? It is not an entity and therefore doesnt have the properties, qualities, desires, motivations, or needs, of entities. Its a state where everything is one instead. God or non-duality or one or oneness or whatever you want to call it is simply that state from which the whole of existence has come into being from. Nothing more, nothing less.

You have total freedom within the restrictions of what is possible in this universe and as a human being. Enjoy the full range of pleasures that are available but do so responsibility so as not to cause suffering to others. There is no other purpose or anything you can do.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Doing God's will

god should do his own... i made a will 2 years ago- i needed no help

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have total freedom within the restrictions of what is possible in this universe and as a human being. 

That's right and I don't know about you but to me those restrictions appear to have been put in place for a very specific reason.

That reason to me is for making it easier to realize and make a beginning of doing God's will. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

god should do his own... i made a will 2 years ago- i needed no help

Edited by Will Due

One would need to first prove that god exists, then figure out what it wanted. Neither of those things have happened.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's right and I don't know about you but to me those restrictions appear to have been put in place for a very specific reason.

That reason to me is for making it easier to realize and make a beginning of doing God's will. 

Taking a different angle on this then God creates us as a spiritual being with total freedom.

We are supposed to enjoy all the pleasures of that total freedom to learn what good and evil are. If all we do in life is good we only really learn what evil is. If all we do in life is evil we only really learn what good is. We are supposed to gain wisdom of both and that can only be done by enjoying the full range of good and evil pleasures on offer. The universe we are born into and the human form we are born as limit that freedom. Society does too. Therefore within the limited freedoms we have to work with we should seek wisdom of what is good and evil. May I suggest reading the King Solomon stuff in your Bible.

In summary, Will believes he is God's will ... that will be all

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Taking a different angle on this then God creates us as a spiritual being with total freedom.

We are supposed to enjoy all the pleasures of that total freedom to learn what good and evil are. If all we do in life is good we only really learn what evil is. If all we do in life is evil we only really learn what good is. We are supposed to gain wisdom of both and that can only be done by enjoying the full range of good and evil pleasures on offer. The universe we are born into and the human form we are born as limit that freedom. Society does too. Therefore within the limited freedoms we have to work with we should seek wisdom of what is good and evil. May I suggest reading the King Solomon stuff in your Bible.

Eventhough doing God's will might be religious, ritualistic or habitual. It really doesn't have anything to do with religion.

• Like 2

In other words, if you want to do God's Will, you better do him real good to feel good good ...

~

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Even though doing God's will might be religious, ritualistic or habitual. It really doesn't have anything to do with religion.

To get the correct interpretation of what is written in the Bible then you have to study mysticism.

If you dont then what you read is something else entirely. Kabballah, Sufism, Gnosticism, are all quite similar. What the Bible is actually communicating to you remains hidden until you have been taught how to read it. Your purpose in life is to gain wisdom of good and evil so you can become like God. Your life experiences as you seek that wisdom teach you that ego is evil and altruism is good. So you overcome your ego and relate to everything else as if you were all one instead.

• Like 1

Anyone can pretend there isn't evidence for God's existence

There isn't Will. There is evidence that the human construct of a creator is completely wrong. Your personal evidence is what you want it to be. It's not valid in the real world. 

and that the business of living isn't exactly what the business of a toddler is.

There's no handbook for life. People get by how they can. Your preaching strikes me as immature. 

To learn to do their Father's will. 

When a toddler pretends that he cannot learn it, the universe through its father let's it know who's in control.

Your describing yourself Will. You refuse to understand how discovery and observation offered better answers than making crap up and pretending its real. 

There's just no good reason to accept that the idea of God is valid. Your just convincing yourself that such exists be refusing to grow in knowledge and as a person. You're stuck in a religious rut. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

To get the correct interpretation of what is written in the Bible then you have to study mysticism.

If you dont then what you read is something else entirely. Kabballah, Sufism, Gnosticism, are all quite similar. What the Bible is actually communicating to you remains hidden until you have been taught how to read it. Your purpose in life is to gain wisdom of good and evil so you can become like God. Your life experiences as you seek that wisdom teach you that ego is evil and altruism is good. So you overcome your ego and relate to everything else as if you were all one instead.

Yeah, that's about the size of it.

Gain knowledge, get wisdom, and to the best of your ability do God's will and make a beginning of becoming like him.

Like a good child does with his or her good parents.

• Like 1