Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

It isn't doing what seems right, it's doing what's actually right.

Do you think preaching constantly, and making stuff up is actually right? 

Because I would beg to differ. I don't think your approach to the subject is right at all. Its very wrong. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There isn't Will. There is evidence that the human construct of a creator is completely wrong. Your personal evidence is what you want it to be. It's not valid in the real world. 

There's no handbook for life. People get by how they can. Your preaching strikes me as immature. 

Your describing yourself Will. You refuse to understand how discovery and observation offered better answers than making crap up and pretending its real. 

There's just no good reason to accept that the idea of God is valid. Your just convincing yourself that such exists be refusing to grow in knowledge and as a person. You're stuck in a religious rut. 

Psyche, I'm not gonna go down that dirt road with you again. Not after our last conversations which I happened to like. It's your prerogative to think I'm stuck in a rut if you'd like. But I'm just not going to pretend I know everything there is to know.

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you think preaching constantly, and making stuff up is actually right? 

Because I would beg to differ. I don't think your approach to the subject is right at all. Its very wrong. 

See above.

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Shall we try Lord of the Rings next?  ;) 

Anyway, it's all down to context

The true will of God is "be nice".  Is that expressly stated in the UB?

Bill n Ted said it better 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c5a2b897a5369686b

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@psyche101

Is there a difference between doing what seems right, and doing what's actually right?

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Psyche, I'm not gonna go down that dirt road with you again. Not after our last conversations which I happened to like. It's your prerogative to think I'm stuck in a rut if you'd like. But I'm just not going to pretend I know everything there is to know.

Will

I agree, it's a shame you seem to have fallen so quickly back into your old format. 

That's exactly what you are doing. 

You are pretending that you know a god exists 

You are pretending that you know his will

You are pretending that the universe has a centre and all observation to the contrary is wrong

You have even been arguing in favour of the Atlantis myth being real! 

You are pretending you know Will. Problem is we know better thanks to the efforts of our finest minds and great pioneers. 

There are things we do know. There's no reason to think that it is all wrong or will be completely rewritten. That doesn't mean we know everything but it also doesnt support the God idea, or indicate what we do know is wrong. 

The rut you are in is the one trodden by the above actions that have hobbled you from accepting and understanding modern discoveries that refute your personal musings. You can't ever grow like that Will, but you're saying that growth is the key. Your posting is contradictory. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

@psyche101

Is there a difference between doing what seems right, and doing what's actually right?

Of course. 911 seemed right to the misguided idealists who gave their lives for their imaginary friend. It wasn't the right thing to do by any means, but was still rejoiced by thousands of minds twisted by religious ideologies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Not imposed to. Imposed on.

Better to have said superimpose.

Superimpose your will on God's will. Make your will the same as God's will.

Here's a sophomoric example. 

Take a toddler. His mom or dad says to him "I want you to stop picking your nose."

The toddler then decides to comply. He superimposes his will to the will of his parents.

That's what this thread topic is about.

That's what OBL did isn’t it? 

Just now, psyche101 said:

Of course. 911 seemed right to the misguided idealists who gave their lives for their imaginary friend. It wasn't the right thing to do by any means, but was still rejoiced by thousands of minds twisted by religious ideologies. 

So if that's the case, why wouldn't you think that coming after me as if I have commited some atrocious sin in your eyes, isn't just something that seems right for you to do and preach to me, while at the same time, it may not be right to do at all in actuality?

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's what OBL did isn’t it? 

What's OBL?

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are pretending that the universe has a centre and all observation to the contrary is wrong

You can't see into the center of the universe from where we are at. Apparently, it's God's will.

Doesn't mean the universe doesn't have a center.

urantia2.jpg

Edited by Will Due

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So if that's the case, why wouldn't you think that coming after me as if I have commited some atrocious sin in your eyes, isn't just something that seems right for you to do and preach to me, while at the same time, it may not be right to do at all in actuality?

The religious support you regularly propose is an attack on logic and common sense. Is that a sin? I don't know, but I know bad information should be challenged. 

I'm not doing what seems right Will. Observation, prediction and repetition proves the information is right. You can't point at a fictional centre of the universe  but I can tell you where to find the centre of our glalxy, what time the sun will rise and where to look in the sky to see the other planets of our solar system. 

That all is 'right' Will, and it's all easily confirmed. That means it is 'actually right' . If you could have supported your statements then they would be actually right. You cannot  and the information provided which is 'actually right' refutes the personal ideas you preach. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What's OBL?

Osama bin laden 

• Like 2

You can't see into the center of the universe from where we are at. Apparently, it's God's will.

No Its not God's will. That's something you made up to support what you preach from the UB. 

Doesn't mean the universe doesn't have a center.

urantia2.jpg

What does mean the universe doesn't have a centre is the universe itself in motion. Observations show there is no such thing. A centre is a concept some visualise with due to our limited experiences. 

Its wrong. Doesn't exist. That artists conception can't work how it is presented. 

This is where most people step out of belief and into spirituality. When religious ideas and dogma are so wrong, they cannot be reconciled, so most invent a new view of spirituality or use extended metaphors to reconcile vast discrepancies in their own minds. 

The only ones they are fooling are themselves. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Observation, prediction and repetition proves the information is right.

I agree. That's exactly how I learn to do God's will.

Observation, prediction and repitition.

There's a method to it.

What does mean the universe doesn't have a centre is the universe itself in motion.

Didn't Einstein show that space is curved?

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I agree. That's exactly how I learn to do God's will.

Observation, prediction and repitition.

There's a method to it.

How can it be God's will to preach falsehoods? Like the universe having a centre? Or that your doing gods will? 

You either have a hearing problem or God is a complete and utter jerk having fun making you look ignorant. 

Either way, it's not panning out well here. 

fdb630f0065c8d863695d72b31b342d5.jpg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

A centre is a concept some visualise with due to our limited experiences. 

So when we gain more experience, do you think it might be possible to discover some things that haven't been imagined yet? 

Like black holes wouldn't have been in Galileo's time probably.

Hey, there are black holes at the center of galaxies right? Can you see into a black hole with a telesope?

God is a complete and utter jerk

Now why would you pretend that that's true?

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Didn't Einstein show that space is curved?

You're forgetting Gauss aren't you? 

You need to grow Will. 

You keep telling others that is what they need to do when it's imperitive you follow your own advice in order to hold a sensible discussion on topics that the UB has led you astray on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You're forgetting Gauss aren't you? 

You need to grow Will. 

You keep telling others that is what they need to do when it's imperitive you follow your own advice in order to hold a sensible discussion on topics that the UB has led you astray on. 

Is space curved? Teach me. I want to grow 

Edited by Will Due

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So when we gain more experience, do you think it might be possible to discover some things that haven't been imagined yet? 

Quite likely. 

Why do you think that's going to change what we have learned to date? 

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Like black holes wouldn't have been in Galileo's time probably.

Of course they were. We just had yet to learn of them.

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hey, there are black holes at the center of galaxies right? Can you see into a black hole with a telesope?

With a good enough one yes. We can see the distortions they create already. We have one designed for that very purpose in fact. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_Telescope

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Is space curved? Teach me. I want to grow 

Do you really Will? With all due respect, many such opportunities have been placed before you to no avail. Gauss discovered at the beginning of the 19th century that the properties of space such as curvature can be described in terms of intrinsic quantities that can be measured without needing to think about what it is curving in. So space can be curved without there being any other dimensions "outside".  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Now why would you pretend that that's true?

I'm not pretending anything Will. It's a reasonable inference deduced from the factors available to us. Why would deny those known factors? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Will Due said:

Doing God's will (the will of the universe) does not take anything away from a person's free will. It only adds to it.

Yes I noticed this debate in another, now closed, thread. 

if the universe speaks to you, it is like a parent giving advice You have the free  will to agree or disagree, and act as you choose, even knowing that difernt outcomes will result form different choices  and tha the universe is older and wiser than you, and thus  provides better choices :) 

• Thanks 1