Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

So, now you’re adding smellivision to my night!! 

;)   *shrugs* 

Just being "neighborly".

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What's up with the personal insults?

What insult Will? You have to be specific. Or are you just making noise as a diversion? 

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Are you that weak?

You make no sense Will. You often wimp out of discussions when you are defeated in debate. Are you that weak in your faith that you cannot defend it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I am not pretending.  I just don’t see it. I haven’t seen it for the last 50 years of my life.  How can I get in trouble, when I have not before then?

I don’t pretend I don’t see things. I will confront whatever I see that need confronting. And since I haven’t seen any hint of what you say is happening all my life, then it must not be there to pretend not to see. 

It's okay Stubbly. Without a doubt, people are going about their lives unconsciously doing God's will in the process. You come across as one of those to me, as most if not all of the other posters here.

Even @psyche101

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you people who think you see God have such creepy and distasteful sexually orientated metaphors? 

Is it because God himself has an unusual interest in human bedrooms? 

You've got a dirty mind.

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What insult Will? You have to be specific. Or are you just making noise as a diversion? 

You make no sense Will. You often wimp out of discussions when you are defeated in debate. Are you that weak in your faith that you cannot defend it? 

Defend my faith?

Faith doesn't need to be defended. 

Faith needs to be invested.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV) 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just being "neighborly".

Ahhhhhh, nostalgia! :D 

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:
13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I am not pretending.  I just don’t see it. I haven’t seen it for the last 50 years of my life.  How can I get in trouble, when I have not before then?

I don’t pretend I don’t see things. I will confront whatever I see that need confronting. And since I haven’t seen any hint of what you say is happening all my life, then it must not be there to pretend not to see. 

It's okay Stubbly. Without a doubt, people are going about their lives unconsciously doing God's will in the process. You come across as one of those to me, as most if not all of the other posters here.

Even @psyche101

What?!?! First you say this,

You might get in trouble if you pretend to not know what God's will is for you to do,

And then say I am doing it already, despite not doing it, because I'm pretending

Well, I can't keep you from thinking that I am or not. But, I can feel that it's not something evident enough for me to believe it. I'm not pretending to not understand or think it doesn't exist, I just don't see it to see it as real. That's not pretension, that's seeing what's in from of my face. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Ahhhhhh, nostalgia! :D 

What?!?! First you say this,

And then say I am doing it already, despite not doing it, because I'm pretending

Well, I can't keep you from thinking that I am or not. But, I can feel that it's not something evident enough for me to believe it. I'm not pretending to not understand or think it doesn't exist, I just don't see it to see it as real. That's not pretension, that's seeing what's in from of my face. 

I've been at this for almost 10 hours straight now. My eyes are getting heavy. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol only YOU could argue that comfort is not a human need .

There are many human needs categorised in science and psychology  "comfort" is a general word for one group of them 

Hundreds of thousands in 3rd world countries live and die never knowing comforts. People have comforts torn from them for no good reason everyday all over the world. 

We survive. 

Self delusion only leads to error IF it IS  error.

If you don't have a benchmark your just blindly flailing about. If you make your own benchmarks, they are no challenge are they? 

Self delusion holds no real, world value. 

As you cant prove gods angels etc don't exist then people are not deluded if they choose to believe in them  any more than if the y chose to believe in aliens 

Of course they are, just as deluded as people who accept aliens exist without any thought of the matter. That's when we get ignorant fools likening space travel to the crossing of an ocean. Ridiculous. 

Letting your brain just vomit up any garbage it has swallowed is just as much a gross mess as the result of an upset tummy. Yes they are self deluded  no two ways about it. Self indoctrination even. 

The evidences i was talking about are for the benefits of faith and belief. They aren't anecdotal but peer reviewed science 

Nup that is what world wide studies from  leading psychologists sociologists biologist and anthropologists have discovered. 

Several of us have refuted your interpretation of those studies. Your conclusion is also self delusion there. 

Like i said, your case shows that an adult can evolve their own beliefs or disbelief.

And the 911 bombers show the flip side of that coin.

No parent can decide a child's religion or any of their beliefs and values. They will evolve their own as they grow up. 

Of course they can and do. Happens all the time. Exclusive religious schools ensure this happens regularly. 

It is quite likely your children might become fundamentalist religionists . :) 

That's a silly stereotype of your own that has zero basis in reality. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Will Due said:

There's more types of evidence than the evidence some demand.

But it's still valid evidence nonetheless. 

No, that's self delusion. Not evidence. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Well you wont know until you try it. :) 

What terrible advice.

Such words really do make you look like a religious fundamentalist. 

What could possibly entice me to enter into self delusion? 

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

No, that's self delusion. Not evidence. 

True. If you're a pretender.

49 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

They are one and the same god.  The son the father and the holy spirit. 

Why does the LDS state otherwise? 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

What could possibly entice me to enter into self delusion? 

With all due respect and appreciation. Maybe you're already there. 

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That doesn't make sense  (and paints god as a very evil being )

I'll say no more.  But I would never want to be the jealous God demanding absolute servitude, or else! as described in the Bible.

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You've got a dirty mind.

Nope, there's not much wiggle room in the creepy comments you two often make. 

No answer for me then? 

Its a bit wierd will, and funny that it's mostly you and Walker. If someone else makes a joke with sexual innuendo it's funny. If one of you two do it, it's in a creepy metaphor, and not funny. That you two support each other might just be a coincidence maybe? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Essan said:

I'll say no more.  But I would never want to be the jealous God demanding absolute servitude, or else! as described in the Bible.

Try reading another book then. One that says God makes no demands but rather, is at our service.

26 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Defend my faith?

Faith doesn't need to be defended. 

Faith needs to be invested.

Not when you share falsehoods , racism, imposdibilities and lies as part of your faith. Then you raise issues that do need to be defended.

You make the claim, you should stand behind it. If you can't support your claims, you should keep such personal musings to yourself, and not promote them as if factual. 

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nope, there's not much wiggle room in the creepy comments you two often make. 

No answer for me then? 

Its a bit wierd will, and funny that it's mostly you and Walker. If someone else makes a joke with sexual innuendo it's funny. If one of you two do it, it's in a creepy metaphor, and not funny. That you two support each other might just be a coincidence maybe? 

Or it might be that your mind is not well to see evil where there is none all the time.

Edited by Will Due

Is God a "dirty old man" now ? Is this him here ?

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

True. If you're a pretender.

Or indoctrinated, by others or through self delusion. Then you don't know the difference do you? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

and lies

Can't say anything meaningful.

Thus

Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip 

Edited by Will Due

20 minutes ago, Will Due said:

With all due respect and appreciation. Maybe you're already there. 

If that was the case then you could support your faith as well as I can support facts that negate any need for a god to exist for the universe to exist.

But you're unable to do so aren't you. 

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Try reading another book then. One that says God makes no demands but rather, is at our service.

Preaching again will. 

That's not working in your favour you know. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Preaching again will. 

That's not working in your favour you know. 

Drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip