Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

What seems to be the problem? I am not attacking you, I am asking you to clarify your comment and have shown a reasonable situation to base it on, when are you going to give a straight answer? Hopefully, before I die from being young too long.:lol:

jmccr8

I've answered your questions. You are intent on pretending that I haven't. 

You and a lot of others do this routinely. Over and over again. Not just with me, but with the other posters who put the truth in your faces.

What's hilarious is that just because there's more of you than us, you think no one sees the egg on your face. :lol:

But if you'd become interested in doing God's will someday, you can laugh about the kindergarten on display too.

Aren't you tired of holding yourself back?

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

What seems to be the problem? I am not attacking you, I am asking you to clarify your comment and have shown a reasonable situation to base it on, when are you going to give a straight answer? Hopefully, before I die from being young too long.:lol:

jmccr8

Why bother?  After all this you obviously aren't going to get your question answered, though I thought it was a good question and wanted to see an answer too.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

I've answered your questions. You are intent on pretending that I haven't. 

You and a lot of others do this routinely. Over and over again. Not just with me, but with the other posters who put the truth in your faces.

What's hilarious is that just because there's more of you than us, you think no one sees the egg on your face. :lol:

But if you'd become interested in doing God's will someday, you can laugh about the kindergarten on display too.

Aren't you tired of holding yourself back?

Hi Will

If god expresses his will then it would be the same for everyone that he spoke to and there would be no confusion about it nor would there be the multitude of arguing factions and this is what you have not addressed. One god one will for all men, no?

jmccr8

• Like 2

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

If god expresses his will then it would be the same for everyone that he spoke to and there would be no confusion about it nor would there be the multitude of arguing factions and this is what you have not addressed. One god one will for all men, no?

jmccr8

Come on j!!!!!!!

Is there ANYTHING that's exactly the same? Not to mention, one situation to determine God's will for that specific moment after another?

Every new instance has its uniqueness. Doing God's will is akin to a spontaneous solo. Sometimes seconds apart, it's a different set of notes.

I refuse to believe you're not aware of this basic thing j.

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Come on j!!!!!!!

Is there ANYTHING that's exactly the same? Not to mention, one situation to determine God's will for that specific moment after another?

Every new instance has its uniqueness. Doing God's will is akin to a spontaneous solo. Sometimes seconds apart, it's a different set of notes.

I refuse to believe you're not aware of this basic thing j.

Hi Will

After several thousands of years of god expressing his will to people, everyone should be on the same page, right? Like how long should it take for god to create one unified concept that is universally understood, blaming us for the lack of clarity doesn't somehow seem to be right if we are just a bunch of mooks and god is all that can be.

Sorry, Will if you find it tenuous but I look at the world around me and do not see the influence that you are projecting here in the way that you are proposing and everybody can't be right if there is confusion about what god says.

jmccr8

• Like 2

God's will is  a human construct dependent on subjective perceptions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

a human construct dependent on subjective perceptions.

It's a personal spiritual experience. 

Contact with the divine presence who dwells within each and everyone of us. Which is why it's inevitable that one will know what God's will is. Moment to moment.

And although his will is universal, it's also unique and individual. 

28 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Like how long should it take for god to create one unified concept that is universally understood,

:lol:

Don't make me do it.

God is your Father. You are his child. Grow and learn to do his will. And you will live in eternity. Now.

56 minutes ago, Will Due said:

:lol:

Don't make me do it.

God is your Father. You are his child. Grow and learn to do his will. And you will live in eternity. Now.

Hi Will

Now ya didit.:lol: Actually, the bible says that people that do not know god can enter heaven if their acts are judged to be righteous. I have no guarantee that there is an eternity and on thinking about it and seeing how many people who share the same belief argue with each other anyway I think I can be quite comfortable with just having this life and not dragging the insanity out forever.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Actually, the bible says that people that do not know god can enter heaven if their acts are judged to be righteous.

:D

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I have no guarantee that there is an eternity and on thinking about it and seeing how many people who share the same belief argue with each other anyway I think I can be quite comfortable with just having this life and not dragging the insanity out forever.:lol:

Come on j!!!!!!!!

I thought you were a Canadian bad-a$$ who can deal with anything! Righteous and sane enough to enter heaven like the rest of us.

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Come on j!!!!!!!!

I thought you were a Canadian bad-a$$ who can deal with anything! Righteous and sane enough to enter heaven like the rest of us.

Hi Will

The real question is can they put up with me that long?:lol:

jmccr8

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

The real question is can they put up with me that long?:lol:

jmccr8

Why not? We've been putting up with you this long. What's another quadrillion years? :lol:

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, Will Due said:

It's illogical to think that God is ever not spending time with you. 

He's God. 

And individually, he always makes his will known.

Let me tell you that I know God really well, and recently he is not spending any time with me. How do I know this? Because when he is with me I always win at chess. Right now God has deserted me, because I just got checkmated by Danydandan. But perhaps God is spending time with Dany lately.

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Come on j!!!!!!!!

What if in heaven we all will be discussing God's will and Atlantis in eternity? Would that be considered heaven?

7 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

What if in heaven we all will be discussing God's will and Atlantis in eternity? 

Sounds like fun to me. :)

7 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Would that be considered heaven?

Any place is considered heaven where God's will is done.

Just ask danydandan. :D

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

It's a personal spiritual experience. 

Contact with the divine presence who dwells within each and everyone of us.

Soooo, when an individual goes on a killing spree, slaying the wicked and unrighteous, because 'it's god's will'., then that individual has made a personal and subjective decision, based on his 'spiritual experience?"

It is astounding how some can claim that >>these<< people are following god's will, but >>those<< people are not. When none of them can prove that they are listening to anything but the voice in their own head.

I don't expect a straight answer from you, more like "Following god's will is when you decide that your will is gods will, when God wills you to do his will."

Throughout history, people have claimed to be doing god's will, with both good and evil results. From feeding the poor, to eradicating indigenous people's culture, to waging war on those who believe differently, and committing atrocities in the name of god.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Let me tell you that I know God really well, and recently he is not spending any time with me.

Credibility 0%.

No way I can take anything you state serious. 

9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Soooo, when an individual goes on a killing spree, slaying the wicked and unrighteous, because 'it's god's will'., then that individual has made a personal and subjective decision, based on his 'spiritual experience?"

It is astounding how some can claim that >>these<< people are following god's will, but >>those<< people are not. When none of them can prove that they are listening to anything but the voice in their own head.

I don't expect a straight answer from you, more like "Following god's will is when you decide that your will is gods will, when God wills you to do his will."

Throughout history, people have claimed to be doing god's will, with both good and evil results. From feeding the poor, to eradicating indigenous people's culture, to waging war on those who believe differently, and committing atrocities in the name of god.

Why are you so concerned with other people's business of doing God's will? 

Wouldn't it be less distracting to you to personally concentrate on your own business of doing God's will, rather than keeping to look at other people's obvious mistakes?

Take a breather.

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Why are you so concerned with other people's business of doing God's will? 

Because most of those who claim to be doing "gods will" are just exercising their presumed right to dictate how others live their lives.

You, I consider you harmless. Mostly for the fact that you cannot even form a coherent argument for your beliefs, so there is little danger in you forcing your will upon others.

And why are you so sure that I am NOT doing god's will in opposing the god botherers who claim to know gods mind?

Perhaps it is His will that oppose the arrogant and self-righteous.

• Like 2

Jodie, the real question is why does god need us to do his will?

If god needs our help then how "powerful" can god actually be? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because most of those who claim to be doing "gods will" are just exercising their presumed right to dictate how others live their lives.

You, I consider you harmless. Mostly for the fact that you cannot even form a coherent argument for your beliefs, so there is little danger in you forcing your will upon others.

And why are you so sure that I am NOT doing god's will in opposing the god botherers who claim to know gods mind?

Perhaps it is His will that oppose the arrogant and self-righteous.

Well how very arrogant and self-righteous of you. :lol:

But then again, for you it might be God's will.

It helps the rest of us to understand what God's will is by having an opportunity to look upon what it's like to be a living contradiction. 

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Credibility 0%.

No way I can take anything you state serious. 

But seriously, can you seriously disprove that God is not my personal friend, and Father too?

Can we seriously discuss Doing God's will?  Not if we do not establish the existence first. And then get to know him, and what he wills us to will on his behalf, or ours, for that matter, if we have free will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

But seriously, can you seriously disprove that God is not my personal friend, and Father too?

Can we seriously discuss Doing God's will?  Not if we do not establish the existence first. And then get to know him, and what he wills us to will on his behalf, or ours, for that matter, if we have free will.

Well to be honest I think you have to accept that God exists if you want to discuss the premise of this thread. (I'm not saying he does or doesn't.)

What's the point otherwise?

Edit: I'll be black next game. I beat Earl for the first time in a number of games too with roughly the same opening. Must be establishing it better.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Jodie, the real question is why does god need us to do his will?

If god needs our help then how "powerful" can god actually be? 

Ahhhh!

Because of "free will"! He wants us to love, worship, adore, and OBEY him, but he can't make us, because he is super-all-powerful, and put a ruling in place that he cannot break! Except, when he really wants too. Like.... when he hardened Pharaoh's heart, or knocked up an innocent virgin, or made an old woman pregnant, or wiped out almost the entire population of the planet, or destroyed the tower of Babel and confused man's languages, or allowed his hired thug to destroy everything in a devout followers life, for a bet, or leveled Sodom & Gomorrah...…..

But, we are absolutely free to do as wish, believe as we wish, and think what we wish, but will be tortured for eternity if we don't do/believe/think as HE wants us to. 

Because.... He LOVES us.....

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Well how very arrogant and self-righteous of you. :lol:

But then again, for you it might be God's will.

It helps the rest of us to understand what God's will is by having an opportunity to look upon what it's like to be a living contradiction. 

Oooooh.

See now, if I actually valued anything you say, that might have stung.

But how pretentious of you to highlight your arrogance. Thanks! :)