Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

40 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Me being able to ask you questions about your statements 

When you first chimed in, you made the statement that "free will doesn't exist". Then you said I would say it's limitless. Next you said "Nope very limited".

So to you, free will that "doesn't exist" is somehow "very limited".

:lol:

After that you said "I can't become a fish no matter how much time I spend swimming."

Don't know why anyone would want to become a fish. That's a strange thing to want to use the power to choose for.

Maybe, it's because you want to debate that water really doesn't exist?

23 hours ago, Will Due said:

I only own one shirt.

Hi Wil

Well, there you go you don't have free will to wear a different shirt.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, Will Due said:

Maybe it's not God's will that people have schizophrenia. 

Maybe schizophrenia is what happens when a person uses their free will (the power to choose) to dedicate their will to always and knowingly, resist the doing of God's will. 

Why would hearing voices have anything to do with using free will?

On 27/04/2019 at 11:12 AM, Will Due said:

Maybe it's not God's will that people have schizophrenia. 

Maybe schizophrenia is what happens when a person uses their free will (the power to choose) to dedicate their will to always and knowingly, resist the doing of God's will. 

That would infuriate schizophrenics and those near to them, to suggest that their situation is a result of "resisting" God's will. Quite surprised to read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

That would infuriate schizophrenics and those near to them, to suggest that their situation is a result of "resisting" God's will. Quite surprised to read this.

I'm not.

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Why would hearing voices have anything to do with using free will?

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm not.

I said maybe.

What I'm saying is that when a person continually resists the doing of God's will knowingly and deliberately, eventually, certain things will occur with that person's mind that are akin to mental illness, or the loss of a balanced and normally functioning mind.

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

I said maybe.

What I'm saying is that when a person continually resists the doing of God's will knowingly and deliberately, eventually, certain things will occur with that person's mind that are akin to mental illness, or the loss of a balanced and normally functioning mind.

How can we even begin to understand god's will?

@Nuclear Wessel

Begin by having faith (or removing doubt) that God is making his will known to you. And that you can understand it. 

Edited by Will Due

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

@Nuclear Wessel

Begin by having faith (or removing doubt) that God is making his will known to you. And that you can understand it. 

I feel if God was trying to make his will known to me I wouldn't need faith.

• Like 2

I don't know why I can't quote you right now. The quote function isn't working. :(

@Nuclear Wessel

A person doesn't need to have faith for God to make his will known to them.

But making a beginning of having faith (even if it's just a little at first) will enhance the ability to understand his will adequately.

Or at least better than before.

Here's how it went for me. It started like this:

I wanted to do "X". Something told me "don't do it". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Y". An overwhelming feeling told me again "don't do it ". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Z". Perturbingly, there it was again "don't do it". But this time, I didn't do it. Result, good.

It was through this process that I became better at, not necessarily understanding God's will (which is always inherent) but doing it. (Faith)

As time moved forward, things flipped over from the negative to the positive. Instead of "don't do it" it became "do this".

Same process. At first, it was hard to comply. "No, I won't do that". Bad result.

And so forth.

Edited by Will Due

7 hours ago, Habitat said:

Consider the source.  Sometimes the posts from some people seem that they are only here to convert people to their belief system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Here's how it went for me. It started like this:

I wanted to do "X". Something told me "don't do it". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Y". An overwhelming feeling told me again "don't do it ". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Z". Perturbingly, there it was again "don't do it". But this time, I didn't do it. Result, good.

It was through this process that I became better at, not necessarily understanding God's will (which is always inherent) but doing it. (Faith)

As time moved forward, things flipped over from the negative to the positive. Instead of "don't do it" it became "do this".

Same process. At first, it was hard to comply. "No, I won't do that". Bad result.

And so forth.

None of that says it is gods will. You're trying to equivocate your decision making to deity level thinking and again why you, why these decisions? People make good and bad decisions constantly and some people catch on that good decisions usually reap better outcomes than bad decisions. This is like adult lesson number one. Doesn't need or take a God whispering to you, just a brain and common sense. You are literally making yourself and your decisions more important than they are by inserting (based on no evidence) that YOU know its gods will. And for you hey have fun with that but you are coming to a message board and attempting to sell us on the idea and when we don't want to buy getting irritated. Again not really an issue for anyone but you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

None of that says it is gods will. You're trying to equivocate your decision making to deity level thinking and again why you, why these decisions? People make good and bad decisions constantly and some people catch on that good decisions usually reap better outcomes than bad decisions. This is like adult lesson number one. Doesn't need or take a God whispering to you, just a brain and common sense. You are literally making yourself and your decisions more important than they are by inserting (based on no evidence) that YOU know its gods will. And for you hey have fun with that but you are coming to a message board and attempting to sell us on the idea and when we don't want to buy getting irritated. Again not really an issue for anyone but you.

Yes, doing God's will is common sense. 

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Consider the source.  Sometimes the posts from some people seem that they are only here to convert people to their belief system.

It's not about belief. It's about doing.

It doesn't matter what is believed. It matters what is done.

Edited by Will Due

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

You have no idea how much we've seen the UB mentioned on this forum since Will got here. He doesn't talk, he seeks converts.

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You have no idea how much we've seen the UB mentioned on this forum since Will got here. He doesn't talk, he seeks converts.

No one ever learns how to do God's will by reading a book.

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

No one ever learns how to do God's will by reading a book.

***cough*** Bible, Koran,Torah for a start since they're basically the reason those books exist as opposed to you who just "knows"? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

@Nuclear Wessel

A person doesn't need to have faith for God to make his will known to them.

But making a beginning of having faith (even if it's just a little at first) will enhance the ability to understand his will adequately.

Or at least better than before.

Sounds like nonsense. I don't think that any of that would be required for an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, darkmoonlady said:

***cough*** Bible, Koran,Torah for a start since they're basically the reason those books exist as opposed to you who just "knows"? 

The only way to learn how to do God's will is to start doing it.

58 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The only way to learn how to do God's will is to start doing it.

Doing Gods Will is the way that faith works.  And that is a good thing.  But it doesn’t work for everyone because it’s such a hard thing to do.  But, other things work too, including just saying eff it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Doing Gods Will is the way that faith works.  And that is a good thing.  But it doesn’t work for everyone because it’s such a hard thing to do.  But, other things work too, including just saying eff it all.

18 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Right.  Well that is problematic of course.  Everything has an opposite doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Everything has an opposite doesn’t it?

Some "wise guys" say nothing has its opposite.  "The multiplicity is only apparent"

Excellent thread Will.  Doing God's will is what every Christian should aspire to do.

• Thanks 1