Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Women hold all the cards. Actually the only one that matters as they literally make,will make and have made every single human ever born. 

Imagine how royally fuuked the human race would be if women decided collectively to stop making babies. 

Thanks Dan. 

Shocking that you had to spell this out, but oh well. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I've fooled my wife three times.

So happy for you and your brood. :wub:

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, Habitat said:

Where I live, it is more a case of people preaching atheism these days, rather than preaching religion. I don't want to hear from either ! There is every opportunity in this day and age for people to access information about such matters, without having it force-fed, and I see no difference between bible-bashers and atheism promoters, in that regard.

We don’t have a single poster promoting atheism either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

it is ok but i wouldn't call  a person it, and so i don't like referring to god as it.

I agree that god  is not human and thus does not have human gender but in our minds, as we either believe in, or know god, we perceive it as one gender or another, depending on our cultural background 

Mate or bro works for me.

Interesting because I have seen you refer to your alien bestie god as “it”.:P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:12 PM, Habitat said:

Blimey guv, got outta the wrong side of the bed, 'ave we ?

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :P

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

We don’t have a single poster promoting atheism either. 

There's my first laugh for the day. "We" have very little but such promotion.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There's my first laugh for the day. "We" have very little but such promotion.

Such as?

38 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Such as?

The entire "team" is only here to bolster a desire to see "woo", and by extension, anything "supernatural", quashed. Endless demands for proof ( why would this killer "proof" debut in this stagnant backwater ?) are simply a device to bolster this attitude. "you have no proof, therefore, this goes toward your report being void ! " Logically, wrong. But worse than that, a dishonest attempt to rid yourself of doubt, by ridiculing others, whilst claiming scientific rigour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Interesting because I have seen you refer to your alien bestie god as “it”.:P

yep and that is deliberately to make the point that it is not a he or she;  not human,  but alien.

There really isn't any other word in the English language to fit.

You will also have read many times how i don't call  it god, but mate, when speaking with it,  which is gender neutral, and better describes  my relationship with  "it "  

55 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Such as?

Every time a poster denies the existence of a god or gods, this promotes the construct or concept that gods do not exist in real form.  just as, every time a poster argues for the existence of such gods, they are promoting theism. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The entire "team" is only here to bolster a desire to see "woo", and by extension, anything "supernatural", quashed. Endless demands for proof ( why would this killer "proof" debut in this stagnant backwater ?) are simply a device to bolster this attitude. "you have no proof, therefore, this goes toward your report being void ! " Logically, wrong. But worse than that, a dishonest attempt to rid yourself of doubt, by ridiculing others, whilst claiming scientific rigour.

Indeed lack of proof is not proof of lack, yet in certain areas some seem to believe it to be so.

The y also dont get how evidences and proofs either are physically  available to an individual; OR when not, must be accepted  (or rejected) in faith, from  other individuals 

Edited by Mr Walker

9 hours ago, danydandan said:

Women hold all the cards. Actually the only one that matters as they literally make,will make and have made every single human ever born. 

Imagine how royally fuuked the human race would be if women decided collectively to stop making babies. 

lol That's been tried historically While our society allows women this choice, it is both very recent and very fragile 

In a society dominated by males and in families where men are stronger than women what would happen if the laws were changed and women were expected by law to have children 

Its only been 60 years since women gained control of their own fertility and less than 50 yeras since any woman had a legal right to refuse sex with her husband Dont assume thise are permanat or natural conditions Things change as the needs of a society change.

Historically women had no say in having children, and despite most of them dying in childbirth or from complications, were not able to say no. 

The present system only works because for the first time men can have sex without responsibility and women do not have to fear pregnancy from any sexual encounter 

Our present condition doesn't really come from the power of women but from  the education (into concepts like  more equality and sharing)  and permission of men, and the economic conditions and social conditions which enabled it 

However of course the emancipation of  women and their right to be educated and to vote have changed the balance of power These too also only occurred because changing economics required educated women working outside the home  and as women gained financial independence the  sought political rights  However as late as the 1960s a woman teacher who got married had to resign her job 

But, because we are basically primates, power will reside with men until they choose to share it  

As said earlier, i am all for the equality and liberation of women. It benefits us all, as long a s it does not result in the break down of families and harm to children (but that is a result of human selfishness rather than  equality for women)

My wife maintains that true liberty and equality for women is when a woman has the freedom and power to choose her own life style, and is neither forced to stay home, OR to go out to work,  by economics  or social pressure. 

ps presently the world fertility  is rapidly dropping to below replacement level and indeed many countries are experiencing a decline in population as women are not  having enough children to replace the current pop. That is a great thing in the immediate future but presents some problems with an aging population and will reach critical  sometime next century.

It will be interesting to see how we adapt to that new reality 

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

yep and that is deliberately to make the point that it is not a he or she;  not human,  but alien.

There really isn't any other word in the English language to fit.

You will also have read many times how i don't call  it god, but mate, when speaking with it,  which is gender neutral, and better describes  my relationship with  "it "  

Fair enough, I take this as you stand corrected. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, Aquila King said:

8a4aa709dfa2420e619704b54d968ddf.jpg

Turning the other cheek makes the whole world dead.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Every time a poster denies the existence of a god or gods, this promotes the construct or concept that gods do not exist in real form.  just as, every time a poster argues for the existence of such gods, they are promoting theism. 

A definition which makes almost every feasible sentence a 'promotion'. 

What you don't see a lot of, and definitely incomparable in a relative sense to theism/spirituality, is atheists promoting how great atheism is and how good it feels and is for you, how it can release you from your troubles and improve every aspect of your life or your money back, etc.  

• Like 4

On 10/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, Mr Walker said:

I have flown gliders and hang gliders but be damned if i would do so now, just to "prove" that i could do so. 

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:01 AM, danydandan said:

Hi Dany

Ah,.. does that mean we don't have to show up for practice anymore?:huh:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, lightly said:

well, luckily, we've fooled them into thinking they like us..and want to have babies !

High Lightly

Sigh, that's what they want you to think.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, Mr Walker said:

Hi Walker

If your god is genderless why would it even consider creating gendered species?

jmccr8

• Like 6

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

High Lightly

Sigh, that's what they want you to think.:lol:

jmccr8

Hiya j,    hmmm :blink:   

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

If your god is genderless why would it even consider creating gendered species?

jmccr8

Maybe the more important question is if God is a perfect free will being why did he create imperfect free will beings with the capacity for doing God's will perfectly?

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

These are the essentials of doing God's will:

John asked Jesus, “Master, what is the kingdom of heaven?” And Jesus answered: “The kingdom of heaven consists in these three essentials: first, recognition of the fact of the sovereignty of God; second, belief in the truth of sonship with God; and third, faith in the effectiveness of the supreme human desire to do the will of God—to be like God. And this is the good news of the gospel: that by faith every mortal may have all these essentials of salvation.”

The Urantia Book 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, Guyver said:

How do you know what God's will is?

God wants us to live in peace and happiness on a paradise earth forever!

But the meek will possess the earthAnd they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. Psalms 37:11

You may wonder, though, ‘How could that ever happen?’ The Bible says that YHWH's Kingdom will make it possible, and it is God’s will that all people learn about that Kingdom and his purpose for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1