Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you people who think you see God have such creepy and distasteful sexually orientated metaphors? 

Is it because God himself has an unusual interest in human bedrooms? 

Nup God has NO interest in human sex (that s one thing he has made quite clear to me)  That is a construct of humans, mostly men, who fear the power of women :)

No sex act, done in love, (among consenting adults)  can be bad, in itself.

However, if the act leads to problems for individuals, or their society, then restrictions can rightly be put on the sexual behaviours of citizens. but that is a secular concept,  not a religious one    That is why infidelity in a marriage was illegal for so long. 

55 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Desperate time, desperate measures …

'"We have piped for you and you have not danced."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Everyone has issues MrWalker, no one is perfect, just like everyone is delusional to a degree. Your issue is you think this doesn't apply to you.

Dont judge others by yourself. :) 

I am one of only 13 % of humans who are free of depression and  anxiety through genetic good fortune.

And, honestly,  i can not see  (even with careful looking)  a serious issue in my life.   I mean, when the morning paper is late, is about the biggest trauma in my life.

Sure i have a few  problems, like a dicky heart  but because they don't worry me they aren't issues.

Losing our home and everything we owned wasnt an issue or a trauma.  I got on national morning television and told an audience of millions that very thing. :)

The loss of loved ones is a part of life.  It is all about perception and how we THINK. We determine our reality, not our environment.   

Ive got about 15 years of life left. I enjoy every minute of every day.  I don't worry about the future   I care for and look after those I am responsible for. But also we live in a country and a community  which cares for, and about, us  I might find it harder not to have any issues if i lived in Uganda or a big Australian city. 

eg my wife (who is partly incapacitated due to a stroke)  pays 60 dollars a month from  a pension of 1400 dollars a month. The govt then  provides her with 1800 dollars a month of funding on top of her pension, , which accumulates and can be used for any items or care she needs. Health care costs us nothing I pay no taxes i have no credit card My car is paid for  I owe 92000 dollars on our house but it is valued a t 250000 dollars. i can't find anything to worry about.   

Is there something wrong with me ?

NO, that is how humans are meant to live; free of worry or concern. 

Edited by Mr Walker

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Nup God has NO interest in human sex (that s one thing he has made quite clear to me)  That is a construct of humans, mostly men, who fear the power of women :)

No sex act, done in love, (among consenting adults)  can be bad, in itself.

However, if the act leads to problems for individuals, or their society, then restrictions can rightly be put on the sexual behaviours of citizens. but that is a secular concept,  not a religious one    That is why infidelity in a marriage was illegal for so long. 

You definitely do not know God, nor his sexual desires.  We are all children of God, as he is our Father, but he created us straight out. However, have you not read that Jesus is His only "BEGOTTEN" Son? By begotten it means that God Fathered Jesus, as any normal human being would...sired through the sex act with His Wife. And I don't mean earthly Mary, as I'm referring to our soul "reproduction." The concept is one that can be shown much like the Mythological Gods have been made out to do with their marriages and the procreating of their offspring.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I am one of only 13 % of humans who are free of depression and  anxiety through genetic good fortune.

And, honestly,  i can not see  (even with careful looking)  a serious issue in my life.   I mean, when the morning paper is late, is about the biggest trauma in my life.

Sure i have a few  problems, like a dicky heart  but because they don't worry me they aren't issues.

Losing our home and everything we owned wasnt an issue or a trauma.  I got on national morning television and told an audience of millions that very thing. :)

The loss of loved ones is a part of life.  It is all about perception and how we THINK. We determine our reality, not our environment.   

Ive got about 15 years of life left I enjoy every minute of every day i don't worry about the future   I care for and look after those I am responsible for. But also we live in a country and a community  which cares for and about us  I might find it harder not to have any issues if i lived in Uganda or a big Australian city.  

Again no need for the irrelevant stuff.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How do you get away with posting videos on this discussion section? Not that I, personally, mind, especially seeing that Elvis has always been one of my favorite entertainers, when it comes to music, although he was a terrible actor in his films.

Just now, Pettytalk said:

You definitely do not know God, nor his sexual desires.  We are all children of God, as he is our Father, but he created us straight out. However, have you not read that Jesus is His only "BEGOTTEN" Son? By begotten it means that God Fathered Jesus, as any normal human being would...sired through the sex act with His Wife. And I don't mean earthly Mary, as I'm referring to our soul "reproduction." The concept is one that can be shown much like the Mythological Gods have been made out to do with their marriages and the procreating of their offspring.   

Pettytalk haven't seen you in a while, how's things. I hear your blitzing the chess tournament. Be aware that you are taking to a dude who believes God speaks to him and is/was an alien. It's rather confusing as to what he really believes. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ive got about 15 years of life left I enjoy every minute of every day i don't worry about the future   I care for and look after those I am responsible for. But also we live in a country and a community  which cares for and about us  I might find it harder not to have any issues if i lived in Uganda or a big Australian city.  

There you go again showing your ignorance in these matters of life. Your body may have only 15 years left, but your soul will live on onto eternity.

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

lol I disagree  No The bible says Mary was impregnated with the holy spirit That physical entity is available to any and all humans for a multitude of purposes This created christ who was god and the son of god but had already been the word and part of god from the beginning (in biblical theology )   

As far as i know there is no such thing as soul reproduction.  But with my life, who am i to quibble :) 

My point was that the fall of man had nothing to do with sex, nor is god intrinsically concerned with human sex.  Only where such sex causes individual or social hardships and conflicts  is it a problem, and then it is an equal problem for secular authorities .

God is not human and it is not actually, therefore, male.

it has expressed no sexual interest or intent to me. But then maybe its just shy  It  has, however, given me a lot of lessons on human sex and sexuality   along the lines of "in all things love"   "Never intentionally hurt another by your  behaviours"  "Love, honour, protect, and care for, your wife. Honour all women as mothers and carers "(unless of course this offends them) :)  "Take yourr family commitments and responsibilities seriously"   "Sex is meant for the procreation of children but is made pleasurable to promote a longer period of  love and commitment.  It should be a part of a loving relationship ideally a long term relationship." 

Women remain more vulnerable to hurt and harm im sexual relationships"

and so on 

One biggie

"NEVER impose your will or desire onto another without totally free consent" (  ie no pressure of any sort, from physical, to psychological, or financial ) 

9 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

There you go again showing your ignorance in these matters of life. Your body may have only 15 years left, but your soul will live on onto eternity.

Nice belief.

It will only do so if some superior technology; records it, files it, and releases it later, to be inserted into a new host  

14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Pettytalk haven't seen you in a while, how's things. I hear your blitzing the chess tournament. Be aware that you are taking to a dude who believes God speaks to him and is/was an alien. It's rather confusing as to what he really believes. 

Hey Dany, thanks for the warning. I'm trying to remember my chess moves from those days of my youth in the sun, as it's really been decades since I have played. Believe it or not, God talks to me too. But Walker must be hard of hearing, as he does not get what God tells him. First, God is not an alien, as He is very much a terrestrial, albeit, one of that upper earth, the one described by Socrates in Plato's Phaedo.  But perhaps we better leave Mr. Walker to his misunderstood opinion on God, as a whole. When he will eventually shed his body, he will have a better look at things. Hopefully when he wakes up in that other world he will not find himself in an uncomfortable environment, much like those many pretentious Christians.  God does not like appearances, as he wants reality, when it come to allowing anyone into his Kingdom. That is why it is written, that many will knock on heaven's door, but only a few will be allowed to enter. Seeing that currently we have about two billion professing Christians, a few could mean a few thousands, at most.

Edited by Pettytalk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Hey danydandan  i wouldn't worry about this one. he sounds as if he can hold his own with my weirdness, easily. 

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Hey Dany, thanks for the warning. I'm trying to remember my chess moves from those days of my youth in the sun, as it's really been decades since I have played. Believe it or not, God talks to me too. But Walker must be hard of hearing, as he does not get what God tells him. First, God is not an alien, as He is very much a terrestrial, albeit, one of that upper earth, the one described by Socrates in Plato's Phaedo.  But perhaps we better leave Mr. Walker to his misunderstood opinion on God, as a whole. When he will eventually shed his body, he will have a better look at things. Hopefully when he wakes up in that other world he will not find himself in an uncomfortable environment, much like those many pretentious Christians.  God does not like appearances, as he wants reality, when it come to allowing anyone into his Kingdom. That is why it is written, that many will knock on heaven's door, but only a few will be allowed to enter. Seeing that currently we have about two billion professing Christians, a few could mean a few thousands, at most.

"A terrestrial of the upper earth"  And how is that human exactly , because, if it not human its alien, and i don't date outside my species 

ckb4RvuqOD6sAi2-Ip7mbytNPBtRUm2AL26F0HNCoMBHHi1weWe6zFePbPN0v0wZpXEV=s170

22 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Again no need for the irrelevant stuff.

again you insisted we all have issues. This "personal stuff"  explains why i do not.

You can believe or not believe, but i owed you an explanation Not everyone has issues, at all.

45 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

How do you get away with posting videos on this discussion section? Not that I, personally, mind, especially seeing that Elvis has always been one of my favorite entertainers, when it comes to music, although he was a terrible actor in his films.

How does anybody? All Elvis had to do was be Elvis. Same with John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart or any other American Icon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How does anybody? All Elvis had to do was be Elvis. Same with John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart or any other American Icon.

That is not true on acting, as if one acts as himself/herself then it's not acting. I act the fool many times, but I'm not a fool the many times I act it. I'm only a fool when I'm being myself.

37 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

. Hopefully when he wakes up in that other world he will not find himself in an uncomfortable environment, much like those many pretentious Christians

How charitable of you !

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

How charitable of you !

It's not for me to give, as I'm a sinner too! Besides, it's just an opinion that was given out free...therefore charity. Always take free stuff with a grain of salt, as there is always a catch to it. Only God gives freely, and I can surely tell you that I'm not God. Take that with a grain of salt too.

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Wow You must have constructed a pretty evil god in your mind

I didn't write the story, and you're the one who highlighted his setting a rule and demanding compliance on pain of death. The kind of character who would do that is dark. Evil is a moral judgment, and the darkness here is pathological, an illness not a moral failing. (Alternatively, his personal darkness is an aspect of the species-wide human psyche. It's ironically healthy for real people to come to terms with that darkness without killing anybody; stories like these can help. You're always on about how religion promotes mental health; there you go, that's one of the ways, to tell stories about the darkness within as if it were a darkness outside.)

He is JUST

Closer to the truth woul be to say He JUST is. Calling somebody bigger and meaner than us "evil" is pretty much a waste of time. Especially a character in a fairly tale, which this god is. Regardless of how the Question of God turns out, we find this sick character in a fairy tale. Thank God.

All we had to do was obey one simple rule :(

So, I go to the dog pound and get a puppy. I luck out, and manage to train the puppy that among the many dog treats I leave around the place, the Milk Bones, the Pupperonis, the Beggin' Strips and so on, he can have all he wants of all of them. But not the Greenies. I get across to him that if he eats any of the Greenies, I'll kill him. Of course, I leave out a big pile of Greenies, so he'll remember that he's not supposed to eat them. You better believe I count them every day, to make sure he hasn't eaten even one.

All goes well until one day, the cat drapes herself right next to the pile of Greenies, and calls the puppy over. Aren't these Greenies delicious looking? Kill you? Nah, he won't kill you, what sane person would kill a puppy for eating just one Greenie? Besides, he eats green foods; if you eat a Greenie, you'll be more like him. Don't you want to be more like the person you love most in the world?

So the puppy eats a Greenie, and right away feels guilty about it. When I come home, I see he's acting guilty. He indicates the pile of Greenies, then he indicates the cat; she acts like she's proud of something. I count the Greenies, and sure enough one is missing. So, I kill the puppy and cut off the cat's legs.

This seems rational to you? Is there no part of you that is relieved that it's just a story I've made up?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, eight bits said:

There are a lot of interpretations of the fable, but you point to one of the darkest.

That's Bluebeard, isn't it? The focal character brings a physically weaker person into his domain, pretends to be a generous host and intimate friend, tells her they will make a life together, subject only to one "trivial" demand (don't look in the basement or you'll be sorry). A situation arises for "disobeying" the demand, and so she does. Instantly, the victim sees the true nature of her host (How his apparent generosity really relates to his "trivial" demand), and in that moment of realization, he sets in motion her death (in the darker versions, something slow and horrific, for example, immures her; the children's version has the wife turn the tables on her assailant before he can kill her).

That is the story of a sociopath.

Damnable thing is, I can't say your interpretation is wrong.

ETA

No, it would have a different sense than your interpretation. You're good with Google, try felix culpa on for size.

Hi 8bits, :st

Reading your post reminded me of an episode of a particular program, (twilight zone, outer limits, not sure I can remember which one,)  but it was an episode that had a male protagonist who first had a run-in with a monster who told him never tell anybody about him. (Or he will be killed) Years later the guy meets a beautiful lady, they marry, they have two kids, And seem to have a wonderful life.

Years later, the guy tells his wife about the monster. I think it’s because, she’s his wife usually spouses don’t have secrets from each other. (Well, right?)  and then the wife screams , “I told you not to tell!”  She then turns back into the monster, the two kids turn into little monsters, and she and the little monsters turn to stone. And, that’s after she kills the guy. 

I don’t know if this has anything to do about keeping secrets and being truthful to that, but I would think the trust and honesty between spouses would be the main thing. I wonder if the monster should’ve realize that.

Anyways,  I think when you were told not to do something or do something, One should probably wonder who’s doing the commanding and what is the  good and bad behind what you’re being told.  If that’s really the case. 

Is it bad to know the evils, and destroy your innocence? Or it’s good to know the evils to ensure one  is prepared for life and avoidance and such. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

[00.00:52]

~

I’m waiting for one of those to scream out, “Are you my mummy?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I like this dance! I’m going to teach myself it. I hope this takes off. In fact, I think it would make a great exercise routine.

Fun! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Hi 8bits, :st

Reading your post reminded me of an episode of a particular program, (twilight zone, outer limits, not sure I can remember which one,)  but it was an episode that had a male protagonist who first had a run-in with a monster who told him never tell anybody about him. (Or he will be killed) Years later the guy meets a beautiful lady, they marry, they have two kids, And seem to have a wonderful life.

Years later, the guy tells his wife about the monster. I think it’s because, she’s his wife usually spouses don’t have secrets from each other. (Well, right?)  and then the wife screams , “I told you not to tell!”  She then turns back into the monster, the two kids turn into little monsters, and she and the little monsters turn to stone. And, that’s after she kills the guy. 

I don’t know if this has anything to do about keeping secrets and being truthful to that, but I would think the trust and honesty between spouses would be the main thing. I wonder if the monster should’ve realize that.

Anyways,  I think when you were told not to do something or do something, One should probably wonder who’s doing the commanding and what is the  good and bad behind what you’re being told.  If that’s really the case. 

Is it bad to know the evils, and destroy your innocence? Or it’s good to know the evils to ensure one  is prepared for life and avoidance and such. 

Tales From the Darkside the movie : 

lovers_vow.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

And now thanks to CGI and recorded images of them, they have become immortal!! :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Tales From the Darkside the movie : 

lovers_vow.jpg

Thank you!! :yes:

I was wondering if someone here was going to refresh my memory and name the episode and show. I appreciate you telling me. :)

• Like 1