Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Will Due

Doing God's will.

3,940 posts in this topic

Will Due
Posted (edited)

Oops

Edited by Will Due

darkmoonlady
11 hours ago, Will Due said:

Repeatedly, over and over again, I have stated that our free will is limited.

But free enough to choose to make a gift to God, dedication of the free will to the doing of his will.

Spare me the usual comments please (if you don't mind) about God and the questions about his existence but rather, would you be honest and admit that it's within the range of your freedom to choose to dedicate your will to something? Go ahead and name your favorite issue.

How do you know its Gods will and not say schizophrenia? Even if God exists why you? God being God wouldn't need you, doesn't need you to act on his behalf and assuming he needs you is the height of hubris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Will Due
21 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

How do you know its Gods will and not say schizophrenia? Even if God exists why you? God being God wouldn't need you, doesn't need you to act on his behalf and assuming he needs you is the height of hubris. 

You said that you don't believe there's such a thing as free will (the power to choose) right?

So I asked you if it's within the range of your freedom to choose to dedicate your will to something? 

Obviously, you do, because by your own words, you've indicated that you've dedicated your will to the cause of arguing, that you don't have the free will power to dedicate yourself to something.

Oh well. You're probably not schizophrenic. Just a hypocrite.

GlitterRose
35 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Why is it God's will that some people have schizophrenia?

That seems like an appropriate question. 

Ah well. 

Will Due
17 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Why is it God's will that some people have schizophrenia?

Maybe it's not God's will that people have schizophrenia. 

Maybe schizophrenia is what happens when a person uses their free will (the power to choose) to dedicate their will to always and knowingly, resist the doing of God's will. 

GlitterRose
Just now, Will Due said:

Maybe schizophrenia is what happens when a person uses their free will (the power to choose) to dedicate their will to always and knowingly, resist the doing of God's will. 

Schizophrenia is a psychiatric condition. So no.

And if God makes us all, then our imperfections would be included in that. 

• Like 2

darkmoonlady
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You said that you don't believe there's such a thing as free will (the power to choose) right?

So I asked you if it's within the range of your freedom to choose to dedicate your will to something? 

Obviously, you do, because by your own words, you've indicated that you've dedicated your will to the cause of arguing, that you don't have the free will power to dedicate yourself to something.

Oh well. You're probably not schizophrenic. Just a hypocrite.

Me being able to ask you questions about your statements regarding god and free will make it seem as though you have your ideas of free will, ask others to question it but get irritated if our ideas don't fall in line with yours. So if anyone has an issue it's you.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jodie.Lynne
1 hour ago, darkmoonlady said:

Because he is an extra-extra special snowflake that god loves most of all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Will Due
40 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Me being able to ask you questions about your statements 

When you first chimed in, you made the statement that "free will doesn't exist". Then you said I would say it's limitless. Next you said "Nope very limited".

So to you, free will that "doesn't exist" is somehow "very limited".

:lol:

After that you said "I can't become a fish no matter how much time I spend swimming."

Don't know why anyone would want to become a fish. That's a strange thing to want to use the power to choose for.

Maybe, it's because you want to debate that water really doesn't exist?

jmccr8
23 hours ago, Will Due said:

I only own one shirt.

Hi Wil

Well, there you go you don't have free will to wear a different shirt.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

Rlyeh
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, Will Due said:

Why would hearing voices have anything to do with using free will?

Habitat
On 27/04/2019 at 11:12 AM, Will Due said:

That would infuriate schizophrenics and those near to them, to suggest that their situation is a result of "resisting" God's will. Quite surprised to read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nuclear Wessel
2 hours ago, Habitat said:

That would infuriate schizophrenics and those near to them, to suggest that their situation is a result of "resisting" God's will. Quite surprised to read this.

I'm not.

Will Due
3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Why would hearing voices have anything to do with using free will?

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm not.

I said maybe.

What I'm saying is that when a person continually resists the doing of God's will knowingly and deliberately, eventually, certain things will occur with that person's mind that are akin to mental illness, or the loss of a balanced and normally functioning mind.

Nuclear Wessel

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

I said maybe.

What I'm saying is that when a person continually resists the doing of God's will knowingly and deliberately, eventually, certain things will occur with that person's mind that are akin to mental illness, or the loss of a balanced and normally functioning mind.

How can we even begin to understand god's will?

Will Due
Posted (edited)

@Nuclear Wessel

Begin by having faith (or removing doubt) that God is making his will known to you. And that you can understand it. 

Edited by Will Due

Nuclear Wessel

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

@Nuclear Wessel

Begin by having faith (or removing doubt) that God is making his will known to you. And that you can understand it. 

I feel if God was trying to make his will known to me I wouldn't need faith.

• Like 2

Will Due

I don't know why I can't quote you right now. The quote function isn't working. :(

@Nuclear Wessel

A person doesn't need to have faith for God to make his will known to them.

But making a beginning of having faith (even if it's just a little at first) will enhance the ability to understand his will adequately.

Or at least better than before.

Will Due
Posted (edited)

Here's how it went for me. It started like this:

I wanted to do "X". Something told me "don't do it". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Y". An overwhelming feeling told me again "don't do it ". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Z". Perturbingly, there it was again "don't do it". But this time, I didn't do it. Result, good.

It was through this process that I became better at, not necessarily understanding God's will (which is always inherent) but doing it. (Faith)

As time moved forward, things flipped over from the negative to the positive. Instead of "don't do it" it became "do this".

Same process. At first, it was hard to comply. "No, I won't do that". Bad result.

And so forth.

Edited by Will Due

Desertrat56
7 hours ago, Habitat said:

Consider the source.  Sometimes the posts from some people seem that they are only here to convert people to their belief system.

• Like 2

darkmoonlady
1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Here's how it went for me. It started like this:

I wanted to do "X". Something told me "don't do it". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Y". An overwhelming feeling told me again "don't do it ". I did it anyway. Result, not good.

I wanted to do "Z". Perturbingly, there it was again "don't do it". But this time, I didn't do it. Result, good.

It was through this process that I became better at, not necessarily understanding God's will (which is always inherent) but doing it. (Faith)

As time moved forward, things flipped over from the negative to the positive. Instead of "don't do it" it became "do this".

Same process. At first, it was hard to comply. "No, I won't do that". Bad result.

And so forth.

None of that says it is gods will. You're trying to equivocate your decision making to deity level thinking and again why you, why these decisions? People make good and bad decisions constantly and some people catch on that good decisions usually reap better outcomes than bad decisions. This is like adult lesson number one. Doesn't need or take a God whispering to you, just a brain and common sense. You are literally making yourself and your decisions more important than they are by inserting (based on no evidence) that YOU know its gods will. And for you hey have fun with that but you are coming to a message board and attempting to sell us on the idea and when we don't want to buy getting irritated. Again not really an issue for anyone but you.

• Like 3

Will Due
2 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

None of that says it is gods will. You're trying to equivocate your decision making to deity level thinking and again why you, why these decisions? People make good and bad decisions constantly and some people catch on that good decisions usually reap better outcomes than bad decisions. This is like adult lesson number one. Doesn't need or take a God whispering to you, just a brain and common sense. You are literally making yourself and your decisions more important than they are by inserting (based on no evidence) that YOU know its gods will. And for you hey have fun with that but you are coming to a message board and attempting to sell us on the idea and when we don't want to buy getting irritated. Again not really an issue for anyone but you.

Yes, doing God's will is common sense. 

Will Due
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Consider the source.  Sometimes the posts from some people seem that they are only here to convert people to their belief system.

It's not about belief. It's about doing.

It doesn't matter what is believed. It matters what is done.

Edited by Will Due

XenoFish
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

You have no idea how much we've seen the UB mentioned on this forum since Will got here. He doesn't talk, he seeks converts.

Will Due
6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You have no idea how much we've seen the UB mentioned on this forum since Will got here. He doesn't talk, he seeks converts.

No one ever learns how to do God's will by reading a book.