Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

On 5/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, Lord Harry said:

Excellent thread Will.  Doing God's will is what every Christian should aspire to do.

If only they could all agree on what that is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If you replaced the word god in the bible with I, my, our. You'd see a very different book.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Those who are doing God's will may not be necessarily conscious of it.

Doing God's will is a matter of unity, not uniformity. 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because he is an extra-extra special snowflake that god loves most of all.

Labels belong on BOXES, not on PEOPLE

That's quite a label you have placed on the box. Extra-extra fragile special snowflake will due as a label for special delivery note on the box.

We are all doing God's will, but we don't perceive it! God pulls every string we are connected to. We have invisible strings. We are mere puppets, and God is the puppet Master.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, XenoFish said:

If you replaced the word god in the bible with I, my, our. You'd see a very different book.

That's a good point to view from. Jesus said that we are all gods. Therefore the replacement is "Biblically" justified. We now have to determine who's the top dog among us gods in this different book.

Edited by Pettytalk
words

Here is a cut and paste that will aid in understanding Will, man's will. Whether or not Man's will has anything to do with God's will, I leave it up to God, and to those here to interpret. It certainly has many of the elements represented by individuals actively engaged in the discussions, besides some of the ideas being put forth by these same individuals. Although none of these are seemingly, original ideas, it's more or less a mental cut and paste of a kind. Because I believe originality belongs only to God, or whatever name we choose to identify and distinguish the Original from which we are all a distant and blurry image. Just an idea of mine, it is clear.

I will exit the scene after, since I'm labeled as a troll by many, and that I contribute nothing. However, nothing from some is a great deal more than from those believed to give much. Much to do about nothing.

The “will to power” is a central concept in the philosophy of 19th-century German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. It is best understood as an irrational force, found in all individuals, that can be channeled toward different ends. Nietzsche explored the idea of the will to power throughout his career, categorizing it at various points as a psychological, biological, or metaphysical principle. For this reason, the will to power is also one of Nietzsche's most misunderstood ideas.

Origins of the Idea

In his early twenties, Nietzsche read "The World as Will and Representation" by Arthur Schopenhauer and fell under its spell. Schopenhauer offered a deeply pessimistic vision of life, and at the heart of it was his idea that a blind, ceaselessly striving, irrational force he called “Will” constituted the dynamic essence of the world. This cosmic Will manifests or expresses itself through each individual in the form of the sexual drive and the “will to life” that can be seen throughout nature. It is the source of much misery since it is essentially insatiable. The best thing one can do to reduce one’s suffering is to find ways to calm it. This is one of the functions of art.

In his first book, "The Birth of Tragedy," Nietzsche posits what he calls a “Dionysian” impulse as the source of Greek tragedy. Like Schopenhauer’s Will, it is an irrational force that surges up from dark origins, and it expresses itself in wild drunken frenzies, sexual abandon, and festivals of cruelty. His later notion of the will to power is significantly different, but it retains something of this idea of a deep, pre-rational, unconscious force that can be harnessed and transformed in order to create something beautiful.

Nietzsche contemplated writing a book entitled “The Will to Power” but never published a book under this name. After his death, however, his sister Elizabeth published a collection of his unpublished notes, organized and edited by herself, entitled "The Will to Power." Some sections of this book make it clear that Nietzsche took seriously the idea that the will to power might be a fundamental principle operating throughout the cosmos. Section 1067, the last section of the book, sums up Nietzsche’s way of thinking about the world as “a monster of energy, without beginning, without end...my Dionysian world of the eternally self-creating, the eternally self-destroying…” It concludes:

“Do you want a name for this world? A solution for all its riddles? A light for you, too, you best-concealed, strongest, most intrepid, most midnightly men?––This world is the will to power––and nothing besides! And you yourselves are also this will to power––and nothing besides!”

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, darkmoonlady said:

***cough*** Bible, Koran,Torah for a start since they're basically the reason those books exist as opposed to you who just "knows"? 

To be fair, most of those books are littered with examples of so-called holy people doing really unplreasant things that are distinctly unholy.  The people who live by those books are a pack of savages for failing to notice the implictly disgusting behavior they are endorsing thru their moral capitulation to those flawed ideologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, charlesmike said:

The will of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.

Which one?  Elijah?  Joseph Smith?  Mohammed?  David Koresh?  Jim Jones?  John Calvin? Beyonce?   There are plenty of people who are making some pretty wild claims out there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Which one?  Elijah?  Joseph Smith?  Mohammed?  David Koresh?  Jim Jones?  John Calvin? Beyonce?   There are plenty of people who are making some pretty wild claims out there. 

I was going to ask why he thought we weren't all sent.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Why in your list didn't you include Jesus of Nazareth?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I was going to ask why he thought we weren't all sent.

We were all sent to do God's will weren't we? 

On 5/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, Pettytalk said:

We are all doing God's will, but we don't perceive it! God pulls every string we are connected to. We have invisible strings. We are mere puppets, and God is the puppet Master.

I find it sad that some people believe they're being controlled somehow by a higher up being. It's like having no freedom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I find it sad that some people believe they're being controlled somehow by a higher up being. It's like having no freedom.

Also no personal responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Also no personal responsibility.

Oh yea forgot about that. "Why did you attack this guy for?" "God told me to!" "Ok no worries!".

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

WRONG-O!

Unless you are mis-speaking by using the word 'choice'.

The very word itself conveys the idea of 'more than one option'. As in a person could choose to: go into the military, go to college, enter the priesthood/sisterhood of their religion, go to work in the private sector, get married, or a combination of those choices, upon leaving high school (not sure what the Brits & Aussies call it).

But, once a choice is made, it is done. We have no way of knowing, or seeing, how the other choices would have worked out.  We can imagine, and daydream, about what life would have been like for us, "if only I...", but it is a futile exercise.

And, if we could travel back in time, and if we could alter events, what does that prove? Suppose (and this is real sci-fi/fantasy here) Walker could travel back in his own timeline (I really wouldn't be surprised if he said he could... :unsure: ), and convinced himself NOT to marry Mrs. Walker.  His ( and her) life would be different, and how would Walker react to these changes, upon returning to the present?  Would he even still exist in this new reality?

My post explained this 

AFTERWARDS it seems like the choice we made was the only one possible, and  that our life alters and flows on from it But at that moment in time, dozens if not hundreds of possible choices are open to us and we can choose any one Right now there are multiple possible futures open to you every second. You can shape your future by a choice you make .  You only get one choice at a time, but there are thousands of futures you can choose from.  

it is not futile if you put the thought  in BEFORE you act.  If you analyse different  timelines, future probabilities, different results from  different choices.

Humans are more than capable of this, and can plan  a century of life when they  are a teenager. Of course life throws curve balls but in general my life has panned out over 95 % as i planned it when in high school, and revised,   each decade .

Even the curve balls can be anticipated, and some planning (such as having good insurance policies, not breaking laws etc  ) can  allow you to hit them over the fence.

At present i cant travel back physically in time. But I thought out and planned my life ( including the type of woman I wanted to marry)  As a result, i have had  43 years of married bliss with a loving, loyal, disciplined and hard working  woman, whom i love as powerfully as the day i met her. 

I planned (and continue to plan) ,  my future carefully, and thus have no need/desire, to go back and change it .

Edited by Mr Walker

On 9/25/2019 at 10:10 AM, Alchopwn said:

he is the alpha and the omega  there is only one god and I am a living witness to his spirit I am the only man on earth that can tell you god is real because I stood in his presence and beheld his existence 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, charlesmike said:

he is the alpha and the omega  there is only one god and I am a living witness to his spirit I am the only man on earth that can tell you god is real because I stood in his presence and beheld his existence 

Again, why do you think you are so special to god?  I think based on your responses you are just making fun of people.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Again, why do you think you are so special to god?  I think based on your responses you are just making fun of people.

god has chosen me I am even above the pope only because I am a living witness and what the pope says come from man but what I say comes from god.

38 minutes ago, charlesmike said:

I am the only man on earth that can tell you god is real

And yet so many others have told me this before you.

39 minutes ago, charlesmike said:

because I stood in his presence and beheld his existence

Speaking of those who've come before you, was it like truck headlights?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, eight bits said:

And yet so many others have told me this before you.

Speaking of those who've come before you, was it like truck headlights?

this happen to me in church while everybody was standing and singing hymns, so don't worry or feel sad my friend there is no death .I can tell you this because I am a living witness with my own eyes I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and then a cloud of lightening came forth  I stood about 7 feet away from it and after a few seconds the lightening subsided and I saw a figure come forth it looked like a human being and I could see every atom vibrating throughout his body .also several other spirits filled the church and they immediately went about laying hands on the people in church and showing great compassion as if they were consoling the inner spirit of the people .as I watched these miracles and wonders unfold I saw another spirit who was also laying hands on the people but he wore a hood over his head I could not see his face but I could see everything else he was able to walk through the pews and as he traveled about he stopped when he reached this very tall man we were all standing and singing hymns then the spirit laid hands on the tall man and when the spirit who was a lot shorter looked up at the man his head came forth from under the hood and what I saw was unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, charlesmike said:

this happen to me in church while everybody was standing and singing hymns, so don't worry or feel sad my friend there is no death .I can tell you this because I am a living witness with my own eyes I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and then a cloud of lightening came forth  I stood about 7 feet away from it and after a few seconds the lightening subsided and I saw a figure come forth it looked like a human being and I could see every atom vibrating throughout his body .also several other spirits filled the church and they immediately went about laying hands on the people in church and showing great compassion as if they were consoling the inner spirit of the people .as I watched these miracles and wonders unfold I saw another spirit who was also laying hands on the people but he wore a hood over his head I could not see his face but I could see everything else he was able to walk through the pews and as he traveled about he stopped when he reached this very tall man we were all standing and singing hymns then the spirit laid hands on the tall man and when the spirit who was a lot shorter looked up at the man his head came forth from under the hood and what I saw was unbelievable.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I still don't think you are the only messenger of god and everything you experienced is subject to interpretation, yours may not be the only interpretation but I can understand why you would think it is god. 

I still want to know why you think god chose you over all the other people in that church.  I am not always kind, especially when it comes to people's beliefs about god so you can take my questions any way you want.  The biggest clue you can give yourself of why you had this experience is why you think you are the special one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I still don't think you are the only messenger of god and everything you experienced is subject to interpretation, yours may not be the only interpretation but I can understand why you would think it is god. 

I still want to know why you think god chose you over all the other people in that church.  I am not always kind, especially when it comes to people's beliefs about god so you can take my questions any way you want.  The biggest clue you can give yourself of why you had this experience is why you think you are the special one.

there is much more to tell you  at a later time