Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Will Due

Doing God's will.

3,941 posts in this topic

darkmoonlady
5 hours ago, Will Due said:

No one ever learns how to do God's will by reading a book.

***cough*** Bible, Koran,Torah for a start since they're basically the reason those books exist as opposed to you who just "knows"? 

• Like 2

Nuclear Wessel

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

@Nuclear Wessel

A person doesn't need to have faith for God to make his will known to them.

But making a beginning of having faith (even if it's just a little at first) will enhance the ability to understand his will adequately.

Or at least better than before.

Sounds like nonsense. I don't think that any of that would be required for an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being.

• Like 2

Will Due
1 minute ago, darkmoonlady said:

***cough*** Bible, Koran,Torah for a start since they're basically the reason those books exist as opposed to you who just "knows"? 

The only way to learn how to do God's will is to start doing it.

Guyver
58 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The only way to learn how to do God's will is to start doing it.

Doing Gods Will is the way that faith works.  And that is a good thing.  But it doesn’t work for everyone because it’s such a hard thing to do.  But, other things work too, including just saying eff it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rlyeh
6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Doing Gods Will is the way that faith works.  And that is a good thing.  But it doesn’t work for everyone because it’s such a hard thing to do.  But, other things work too, including just saying eff it all.

Guyver
18 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Right.  Well that is problematic of course.  Everything has an opposite doesn’t it?

Habitat
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Everything has an opposite doesn’t it?

Some "wise guys" say nothing has its opposite.  "The multiplicity is only apparent"

Lord Harry

Excellent thread Will.  Doing God's will is what every Christian should aspire to do.

• Thanks 1

Desertrat56
On 5/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, Lord Harry said:

Excellent thread Will.  Doing God's will is what every Christian should aspire to do.

If only they could all agree on what that is.

• Like 1

XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If you replaced the word god in the bible with I, my, our. You'd see a very different book.

Will Due
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Those who are doing God's will may not be necessarily conscious of it.

Doing God's will is a matter of unity, not uniformity. 

Pettytalk
On 4/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because he is an extra-extra special snowflake that god loves most of all.

Labels belong on BOXES, not on PEOPLE

That's quite a label you have placed on the box. Extra-extra fragile special snowflake will due as a label for special delivery note on the box.

Pettytalk

We are all doing God's will, but we don't perceive it! God pulls every string we are connected to. We have invisible strings. We are mere puppets, and God is the puppet Master.

Pettytalk
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, XenoFish said:

If you replaced the word god in the bible with I, my, our. You'd see a very different book.

That's a good point to view from. Jesus said that we are all gods. Therefore the replacement is "Biblically" justified. We now have to determine who's the top dog among us gods in this different book.

Edited by Pettytalk
words

Pettytalk

Here is a cut and paste that will aid in understanding Will, man's will. Whether or not Man's will has anything to do with God's will, I leave it up to God, and to those here to interpret. It certainly has many of the elements represented by individuals actively engaged in the discussions, besides some of the ideas being put forth by these same individuals. Although none of these are seemingly, original ideas, it's more or less a mental cut and paste of a kind. Because I believe originality belongs only to God, or whatever name we choose to identify and distinguish the Original from which we are all a distant and blurry image. Just an idea of mine, it is clear.

I will exit the scene after, since I'm labeled as a troll by many, and that I contribute nothing. However, nothing from some is a great deal more than from those believed to give much. Much to do about nothing.

The “will to power” is a central concept in the philosophy of 19th-century German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. It is best understood as an irrational force, found in all individuals, that can be channeled toward different ends. Nietzsche explored the idea of the will to power throughout his career, categorizing it at various points as a psychological, biological, or metaphysical principle. For this reason, the will to power is also one of Nietzsche's most misunderstood ideas.

Origins of the Idea

In his early twenties, Nietzsche read "The World as Will and Representation" by Arthur Schopenhauer and fell under its spell. Schopenhauer offered a deeply pessimistic vision of life, and at the heart of it was his idea that a blind, ceaselessly striving, irrational force he called “Will” constituted the dynamic essence of the world. This cosmic Will manifests or expresses itself through each individual in the form of the sexual drive and the “will to life” that can be seen throughout nature. It is the source of much misery since it is essentially insatiable. The best thing one can do to reduce one’s suffering is to find ways to calm it. This is one of the functions of art.

In his first book, "The Birth of Tragedy," Nietzsche posits what he calls a “Dionysian” impulse as the source of Greek tragedy. Like Schopenhauer’s Will, it is an irrational force that surges up from dark origins, and it expresses itself in wild drunken frenzies, sexual abandon, and festivals of cruelty. His later notion of the will to power is significantly different, but it retains something of this idea of a deep, pre-rational, unconscious force that can be harnessed and transformed in order to create something beautiful.

Nietzsche contemplated writing a book entitled “The Will to Power” but never published a book under this name. After his death, however, his sister Elizabeth published a collection of his unpublished notes, organized and edited by herself, entitled "The Will to Power." Some sections of this book make it clear that Nietzsche took seriously the idea that the will to power might be a fundamental principle operating throughout the cosmos. Section 1067, the last section of the book, sums up Nietzsche’s way of thinking about the world as “a monster of energy, without beginning, without end...my Dionysian world of the eternally self-creating, the eternally self-destroying…” It concludes:

“Do you want a name for this world? A solution for all its riddles? A light for you, too, you best-concealed, strongest, most intrepid, most midnightly men?––This world is the will to power––and nothing besides! And you yourselves are also this will to power––and nothing besides!”

Alchopwn
On 5/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, darkmoonlady said:

To be fair, most of those books are littered with examples of so-called holy people doing really unplreasant things that are distinctly unholy.  The people who live by those books are a pack of savages for failing to notice the implictly disgusting behavior they are endorsing thru their moral capitulation to those flawed ideologies.

• Like 1