Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

56 minutes ago, Will Due said:

@charlesmike

Please show us how to be better at doing God's will on earth as it is in heaven.

What does this even mean, Will? 

Clarify, please.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What does this even mean, Will? 

Clarify, please.

Well if it's God's universe (or heaven) and as the Lord's prayer indicates, it's because of God's will being done that the "kingdom" will come (on earth as it is in heaven) then at the very minimum (if it interests you to live the way the maker of life has planned things to work best for all) learning to be better at doing God's will should naturally be a rather high priority. Don't you think?

Might as well ask @charlesmike to show us how then.

He said he was sent to presumably do something for us didn't he? So why not that?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, charlesmike said:

You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!" We aren't stoning You for a good work,but for blasphemy, because You--being a man--make Yourself God. i am a living witness who has come in the name of the living god and when I speak I have the authority which god has given unto me..

Nobody is going to buy what you are selling.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Well if it's God's universe (or heaven) and as the Lord's prayer indicates, it's because of God's will being done that the "kingdom" will come (on earth as it is in heaven) then at the very minimum (if it interests you to live the way the maker of life has planned things to work best for all) learning to be better at doing God's will should naturally be a rather high priority. Don't you think?

He said he was sent to presumably do something for us didn't he? So why not that?

I don't think that really answered the question, but it was funny.   Thanks.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I would not give an ounce of credence to a stranger on the internet making claims that cannot be supported with evidence. 

My only question at this point is what is his evidence? 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

My only question at this point is what is his evidence? 

I don't know. 

Maybe we'll have some evidence when he returns with an answer to our questions.

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think that really answered the question

You mean what does it mean to be interested in doing God's will better?

Is that the question you're talking about?

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I don't know. 

He'll probably just quote bible verses, like you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Please show us how to be better at doing God's will on earth as it is in heaven.

@Will Due

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

I don't know. 

Will, whether he is credible or not isn’t your main concern, but it is mine. 

Credibility is paramount. 

As adults we should be asking the questions that establish this, for me, the following suggestion allows for quality discussions. I would love to meet an actual person who can evidenced their claims it would be really nifty if we could solve an unsolved mystery but it begins with evidence, sadly, some prefer to spin tales instead, I am here for the facts. Your thoughts? 

• 2d. Accuracy: Do not post material that is knowingly or intentionally false, inaccurate or misleading. 
Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

As far as I know, there's nothing more important in life than seeking first, for a knowledge of doing God's will for me. 

When I say 'God', I mean what the word means to me. Not anyone else. Not what a book says it is. And not what a preacher in church says it is.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 2:24 PM, charlesmike said:

god has chosen me I am even above the pope only because I am a living witness and what the pope says come from man but what I say comes from god.

Of course you are sweetheart. 

You are the next Jesus, aren't you? So why not prove it, and cure starvation.

Or if that is too big, just heal one, single, amputee. Regrow one single arm or leg, and I will follow you forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

I would love to meet an actual person who can evidenced their claims

Sheri,

The only person who will ever do this is you. You, for you. Not for your claims. But evidence nonetheless as a result of what you experience. 

I hope that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sheri,

The only person who will ever do this is you. You, for you. Not for your claims. But evidence nonetheless as a result of what you experience. 

I hope that makes sense. 

No, Will it doesn’t. 

I am discussing facts and the evidence that supports them. I am not making any claims. Lol

What are you going on about?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sheri,

I hope that makes sense. 

You seem to be talking about an epiphany, Will, a religious epiphany--is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

No, Will it doesn’t. 

I am discussing facts and the evidence that supports them. I am not making any claims. Lol

What are you going on about?

You said your looking for someone to evidence their claims. 

I'm trying to say if you want the evidence of what others are claiming, you'll need to do what they're doing.

Live life based on faith in God.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You seem to be talking about an epiphany, Will, a religious epiphany--is that correct?

Just now, Will Due said:

I'm trying to say if you want the evidence of what others are claiming, you'll need to do what they're doing.

You misinterpreted, I am looking forward to a claim that actually has evidence to go with it. 

I am not looking for god, Will, don’t confuse what you are doing with what I am doing.

I am an agnostic. 

Some of us are here for the unexplained mystery claim having evidence, lol 

• Like 4

That is not how you present evidence to a claim.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah that's one way to put it.

I would say an epiphany which occurred as the result of an experience due to faith. Which to that person is the evidence of something. However subjective it may be but nonetheless real.

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Some of us are here for the unexplained mystery claim having evidence, lol 

I understand Sheri. I know you need the evidence.

What I'm hoping you'll understand is that the evidence you want can only be provided by you yourself.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I would say an epiphany which occurred as the result of an experience due to faith. Which to that person is the evidence of something. However subjective it may be but nonetheless real.

If it is subjective it is indicative of your internal mental world. If what you belief doesn’t seem to have an existence outside your head, or can’t be observed by any one  else then this is a clue this is something you dreamed up whether it was part of your cultures beliefs, a book you read,  a google search or your own imagination.. 

One is certainly free to have their  own make believe world but for those claiming theirs is actual reality, I would like the evidence. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I understand Sheri. I know you need the evidence.

What I'm hoping you'll understand is that the evidence you want can only be provided by you yourself.

Well to be fair, if I am the only one to provide “evidence”, meaning it isn’t transferable then we are talking about make believe.

And, yes, there are tons of these types of clams. 

That is what I weed out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

That is not how you present evidence to a claim.

Well I guess I know where you're coming from but if you want the evidence of something someone else is claiming they have as a religious experience, then as far as I can tell you'll need to do what they're doing to get the same evidence for yourself.

As far as I know, there's no other way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

We all have truths, Will, religious and secular, but most are private things that don't fair well, scrutinized by the harsh light of day. It doesn't make them any less precious or meaningful. There's just some things that can't be related fully to others no matter how hard we try. I know it's hard to have something you hold dear trashed and maligned as so often happens here. There's some things too important to us, Will, to be put in harm's way. The good they do will be reflected in your life. Hold them precious and safe and let that light show, instead. 

• Thanks 1