Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doing God's will.

Will Due

Lucid dreaming is fascinating, but there is a bottom line. Lucid dreams are the same as other dreams in the following respect. The dreamer doesn't really go anywhere and doesn't really do anything.

If the other poster really is unable to distinguish between some of his dreaming and reality (= this is not simply another internet posture of his), then in all seriousness, that issue may need to be taken up with a healthcare professional.

However, the following scenario is not unusual. When somebody says "lucid dream," they often mean that part of the dream was lucid, an interlude within the usual sort of dream.

So, yeah, I'm cruising along in my dream, and suddenly "I wake up in the dream" (=  realize that I am dreaming). Well, that's cool. I think "I'd like to visit the pyramids with Scarlett Johansson" (I've had worse ideas). "Make it so, dream!"

And so it begins, but then a little later the lucidity goes off. I am no longer aware that I'm dreaming, but the dream continues in the direction I've sent it. When I wake up, well, the operation of memory surrounding dreams is a little addled anyway, and maybe I'm confused. I remember making the decision, and I remember that from there "it all seemed so real" (a vivid dream) and "it didn't seem like just a dream anymore" (I lost awareness that I was dreaming, so no longer a lucid dream).

If further, I were the sort of Google-fooer who'd leap from "the pyramids in my dream shared a little-known(?) feature with the real ones" to "I now have objective proof that I was really there," then ...  well, that is why we love him, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Wellll,   Claims CAN  be true with no supporting evidence at all. ?

Of course evidence does support the believability of any claim. 

Lightly, can you give an example? Thank you.

• Like 1

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, eight bits said:

Lucid dreaming is fascinating, but there is a bottom line. Lucid dreams are the same as other dreams in the following respect. The dreamer doesn't really go anywhere and doesn't really do anything.

If the other poster really is unable to distinguish between some of his dreaming and reality (= this is not simply another internet posture of his), then in all seriousness, that issue may need to be taken up with a healthcare professional.

However, the following scenario is not unusual. When somebody says "lucid dream," they often mean that part of the dream was lucid, an interlude within the usual sort of dream.

So, yeah, I'm cruising along in my dream, and suddenly "I wake up in the dream" (=  realize that I am dreaming). Well, that's cool. I think "I'd like to visit the pyramids with Scarlett Johansson" (I've had worse ideas). "Make it so, dream!"

And so it begins, but then a little later the lucidity goes off. I am no longer aware that I'm dreaming, but the dream continues in the direction I've sent it. When I wake up, well, the operation of memory surrounding dreams is a little addled anyway, and maybe I'm confused. I remember making the decision, and I remember that from there "it all seemed so real" (a vivid dream) and "it didn't seem like just a dream anymore" (I lost awareness that I was dreaming, so no longer a lucid dream).

If further, I were the sort of Google-fooer who'd leap from "the pyramids in my dream shared a little-known(?) feature with the real ones" to "I now have objective proof that I was really there," then ...  well, that is why we love him, right?

Thank you, I have had dreams that felt real and for a moment... then one reorients themselves to reality. 

Just an aside, it is a common feature of those with dementia or Alzheimer’s  ( beginning stages ) and in Parkinson’s when the dementia aspects surface (which can be twenty years before any diagnosis)  to confuse dreaming with reality, or not be sure if they are dreaming or awake.

As a caregiver, we are taught to validate and gently redirect to reality, to encourage a sense of feeling safe. 

Can you comment on controlling lucid dreams, what does this actually look like?

Thank you for your posts.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I do explain that, even if it is "just" controlled lucid dreaming it is very worth while to  learn this skill,

And if you had made it more clear that when you say 'really' you mean 'well, maybe it was just a dream' then we would have saved a ton of typing.  "Is lucid dreaming beneficial" is a way different question than 'can I really project my consciousness and see things that are really happening".

16 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

so Don't believe it is real projection of consciousness, but there can be no argument that i and many others can and do explore the world and see things we could otherwise never get to see  using controlled lucid dreaming

Of course there can be an argument about that.  You are seeing things you wouldn't see otherwise while dreaming, just like everyone else does, but you aren't exploring the world, you are exploring your imagination. Which most people do also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think we all have experienced that moment of cognizance, in a very realistic dream, when something incongruous and jarring inserts itself. The moment of supreme pathos and longing as the dream shreds and slips through our fingers as we realize we are/were dreaming as we crash through it into consciousness.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think we all have experienced that moment of cognizance, in a very realistic dream, when something incongruous and jarring inserts itself. The moment of supreme pathos and longing as the dream shreds and slips through our fingers as we realize we are/were dreaming as we crash through it into consciousness.

Love this. 

Dreams shatter in that sunless light of longing as we flee from waking down the endless corridors of gloom and remembrance. The shutters of mind are flung open, as we wake to the harsh and unforgiving light of reality flooding in.. All of our dreams are, mostly, unremembered; memory of others on the border of consciousness fade swiftly if we make no effort to remember them. The mechanism of mind has need of the dreamtime, to sort itself and give form and substance to recollection. Dreams are an important aspect and facilitator of human creativity.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

"I'd like to visit the pyramids with Scarlett Johansson" (I've had worse ideas). "Make it so, dream!"

That is a horrible idea!!!!! You'd want her pool and bedside!!! :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Lightly, can you give an example? Thank you.

I think so....  You said   "claims are as true as the evidence that supports them".

I can claim to write songs.  My claim is  true. I needn't give any evidence whatsoever for my claim to remain  true.  ?

My claim and truth are still one and the same.       ( let that sink in ; )

.  .  But I think I might understand your point of view..?   You are saying that the Evidence is the truth...and that the claim is not really true UNTIL evidenced? / experienced?      Hmm, , come to think of it... I have experienced the evidence of my claim to be true..so maybe your right ! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lightly said:

I think so....  You said   "claims are as true as the evidence that supports them".

I can claim to write songs.  My claim is  true. I needn't give any evidence whatsoever for my claim to remain  true.  ?

My claim and truth are still one and the same.       ( let that sink in ; )

.  .  But I think I might understand your point of view..?   You are saying that the Evidence is the truth...and that the claim is not really true UNTIL evidenced? / experienced?      Hmm, , come to think of it... I have experienced the evidence of my claim to be true..so maybe your right ! :lol:

Lol, Walls should take lesson from you. :P :wub:

Yes, if you wrote a song you could play it for me. 

Did you?

One time I posted the picture of my dog Zenny and Wally argued that this wasn’t evidenced of my doggy. 

Lol

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Lol, Walls should take lesson from you. :P :wub:

Yes, if you wrote a song you could play it for me. 

Did you?

Did I write a song ?    Yup, many many songs . . .over the years.    It's true. ;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lightly said:

Did I write a song ?    Yup, many many songs . . .over the years.    It's true. ;)

Play us one.:D

Edited by Sherapy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Play us one.:D

Hehe...you mean evidence y'all one?  Nope , you'll just have to accept my claim as truth.   :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hehe...you mean evidence y'all one?  Nope , you'll just have to accept my claim as truth.   :P

No, no, no, just curious about our talented lightly. :wub:

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, Will Due said:

Doing God's will (the will of the universe) does not take anything away from a person's free will. It only adds to it.

What is the will of the universe?

I have odd views on this. I see it as being about gaining wisdom of good and evil. So as we go through the path of life we have to learn when to apply good and when to apply evil. And how to apply them both legally and appropriately in each context.

I`m basically following the serpent in the Garden of Eden with an inverted form of Christianity. One where the God is a fake evil God, and the serpent has been sent by the real God to show us the way out. And the way out is gaining wisdom of good and evil.

I have also found quotations from Jesus himself saying we have to unite all dualities in ourselves including good and evil.

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have odd views on this. I see it as being about gaining wisdom of good and evil. So as we go through the path of life we have to learn when to apply good and when to apply evil. And how to apply them both legally and appropriately in each context.

I`m basically following the serpent in the Garden of Eden with an inverted form of Christianity. One where the God is a fake evil God, and the serpent has been sent by the real God to show us the way out. And the way out is gaining wisdom of good and evil.

I have also found quotations from Jesus himself saying we have to unite all dualities in ourselves including good and evil.

Where there's a Will, there's a way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Where there's a Will, there's a way.

I was actually thinking about it earlier.

If a guy walks down the street and a passer by makes an abusive comment at him what does he do? Does he abuse the passer by back or ignore it because he wants to be a good person?

When we make the decision are we following the will of society or the will of the universe? Society tells us what a good person is. The universe or God or whatever someone calls it might think good is something else. Good might be abusing the prat back.

Lets say it is. We can then change the way we see life. We could see it as a string of experiences where we are meant to be nice in certain situations and mean in others. When the universe sends us a prat to abuse, and we abuse him like it wants, do we move up a level?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

When the universe sends us a prat to abuse, and we abuse him like it wants, do we move up a level?

The wisest course is to think twice and say nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

The wisest course is to think twice and say nothing. 

I know where you are coming from, but I disagree.

I think abusing the prat back really does level you up, from experience. I have known for a while something weird is going with the way the universe works.

15 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I know where you are coming from, but I disagree.

I think abusing the prat back really does level you up, from experience. I have known for a while something weird is going with the way the universe works.

Myself, I've never thought dumpster diving an uplifting experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Since when all is said and done, the Father idea is still the highest human concept of God, doing God's will is much easier understood when it's thought of as doing the Father's will.

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Since when all is said and done, the Father idea is still the highest human concept of God, doing God's will is much easier understood when it's thought of as doing the Father's will.

Some of us think Mother is a higher ideal than father.  The Father idea without the Mother is jacked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

I was actually thinking about it earlier.

If a guy walks down the street and a passer by makes an abusive comment at him what does he do? Does he abuse the passer by back or ignore it because he wants to be a good person?

When we make the decision are we following the will of society or the will of the universe? Society tells us what a good person is. The universe or God or whatever someone calls it might think good is something else. Good might be abusing the prat back.

Lets say it is. We can then change the way we see life. We could see it as a string of experiences where we are meant to be nice in certain situations and mean in others. When the universe sends us a prat to abuse, and we abuse him like it wants, do we move up a level?

I think this is a good example of why thinking of God and thinking of the goodness of God is easiest understood when God is thought of as a Father.

Truly good fathers are not always 'nice' with their children. At least from an immature child's perspective. 

Edited by Will Due

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Some of us think Mother is a higher ideal than father.  

Language is so limiting. 

When thinking of 'God' as the Universal Father, doesn't it immediately signify the union of Father and Mother in one deity? Fatherhood does not exist without Motherhood and vice versa. It's cooperative teamwork.

That God is both Father and Mother is easy to comprehend isn't it? Especially in a gender neutral way.

Edited by Will Due